Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

The draw is set to start now, with England included in the top seeds.

To be played in 12 different countries for the first time.

According to statisticians Gracenote, England have a 95% chance of reaching the tournament. They say there is an 8% chance they will need to play their already guaranteed play-off.

Wales just make the top 20 most likely qualifiers with a 63% chance of progressing.

And Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland are rated among the 16 teams most likely to end in the play-offs.'

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Group A

England

Czech Republic

Bulgaria

Montenegro

Kosovo

Group B

Portugal

Serbia

Ukraine

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Group C

Germany

Netherlands

Northern Ireland

Estonia

Belarus

Group D

Switzerland

Denmark

Republic Of Ireland

Georgia

Gibraltar

Group E

Croatia

Wales

Slovakia

Hungary

Azerbaijan

Group F

Spain

Sweden

Norway

Romania

Faroe Islands

Malta

Group G

Poland

Austria

Slovenia

Israel

Macedonia

Latvia

Group H

France

Iceland

Turkey

Albania

Moldova

Andorra

Group I

Belgium

Russia

Scotland

Cyprus

Kazakhstan

San Marino

Group J

Italy

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Finland

Greece

Armenia

Liechtenstein

Some tasty neighbor duels in there - in particular Germany and the Netherlands in the same group, but also Slovakia - Hungary and Sweden - Norway, plus Austria - Slovenia and - on a smaller level - Norway vs. Faroe Islands. Don't know what Italy's and Greece's feelings are towards each other.

Edited by MC Prussian

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In all seriousness, England should get out of that group with consummate ease. Probably without losing a game, as well.

That may turn out to be true Stan but the bottom two seeds England pulled out are possibly the two they'd rather have avoided.

England should still qualify but I'd rather have had Lichtenstein and Luxembourg, as Portugal have or Albania and Moldova, as France have, than Montenegro and Kosovo.

Avoiding Germany is something to probably be pleased about in a way but I'd rather have any other top seeds bottom two than the ones we have got.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Do the top two go through or just the top one? Croatia and Slovakia winnable at home if Bale and Rambo play, not sure about away though. 

Knowing us we'll beat those two and lose in Hungary with Bale and Ramsey "injured" mind. 

For the smaller groups, only top spot. Top 2 in the other larger groups and then play-offs for 3rd spot I think? 

I'm still confused as to the format to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do the top two go through or just the top one? Croatia and Slovakia winnable at home if Bale and Rambo play, not sure about away though. 

Knowing us we'll beat those two and lose in Hungary with Bale and Ramsey "injured" mind. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For the smaller groups, only top spot. Top 2 in the other larger groups and then play-offs for 3rd spot I think? 

I'm still confused as to the format to be honest.

Pretty sure it's two from each group regardless of size isn't it?

Edit - It's definitely the top two from each group that qualifies.

Edited by Max Wall

BBC

The Euro 2020 qualifiers will take place between March and November 2019, with the winner and runner-up of each group going through directly.

The qualifying process is condensed because of this year's Uefa Nations League group games, with England and Scotland guaranteed a Euro 2020 play-off place - should they fail to qualify via their regular qualifying group - after winning their Nations League section

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That may turn out to be true Stan but the bottom two seeds England pulled out are possibly the two they'd rather have avoided.

England should still qualify but I'd rather have had Lichtenstein and Luxembourg, as Portugal have or Albania and Moldova, as France have, than Montenegro and Kosovo.

Avoiding Germany is something to probably be pleased about in a way but I'd rather have any other top seeds bottom two than the ones we have got.

I would have preferred to draw Montengro and Kosovo as Southgate will learn much more about his side from these matches instead of likes of Lichtenstein.  

7 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I would have preferred to draw Montengro and Kosovo as Southgate will learn much more about his side from these matches instead of likes of Lichtenstein.  

I get that point. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather just qualify first. We shouldn't muck it up but I'd still rather have Lichtenstein.

Sickener for Northern Ireland. All the others have a decent chance. I fancy Wales to get there. Scotland have to beat Russia to 2nd which is far from impossible, I don't fancy them at all if there's a play off scenario though, regardless of the opposition.

ROI's group looks sticky to me.

Edited by Max Wall
missing a

On 02/12/2018 at 11:58, Max Wall said:

If England can’t take 12 points from Kosovo & Montenegro (with all due respect) we don’t deserve to make the tournament. We should win the group without losing a game, really. Even coming 2nd I would be disappointed.