Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-1 Man City - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-1 Man City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.4

Total Average Rating

158 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Ricardo Pereira 8.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Demarai Gray Substitute 6.3
  4. Manager Confidence 92% +13%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 26/12/18
Voting Ends: 29/12/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Nampalys Mendy
  8. Wilfred Ndidi
  9. Marc Albrighton
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. James Maddison
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Danny Simpson (sub)
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)

Kasper - 7 - Left exposed for their goal and distribution was erratic, but otherwise was a presence and protected the goal well.  

Ricardo - 9 - Just brilliant.  

Wes - 7 - Quietly having a brilliant season.  Maguire - 7 - Brilliant. 

Chilwell - 7 - Everywhere. 

Hamza - 7 - Unlucky not to score. What a find.

Mendy - 7 - Usual Mendy

Wilf - 8 - Back to his best?

Albrighton - 9 - Yet another brilliant performance.  Vardy - 7 - Brilliant cross!

Maddison - 6 - Great work for the equaliser but tired towards the end.

Claude: 10. Right to pick an unchanged side. Right to change formation and take Maddison off as he was tiring. Best decision was bringing Simpson on to solidify the defence and move Ricardo up the pitch which eventually led to the goal. 

Where're the Internet certified coaches who wanted to bench  Ndidi? Out celebrating I assume. I still think Madison is overrated and of little value playing from the wings.He lacks the pace ,stamina and creativity on the ball to be truly effective in that position. 

9 for Ricardo and Albrighton 

mostly 7 for the rest.

5 for Kasper none of the shots he saved were particularly tough and he gave the ball away in dangerous positions 3 or 4 times and lumped a few out of play.

I switched to Puel out after Fulham and Palace and I’m not ready to go back to in after 2 games. 2 great wins will mean nothing if we go back to drab listless football against Cardiff. Keep up this level of intensity and performance and I’ll soon switch back to stay, but we beat Arsenal last season, played well against Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Man City this season, but we have been gash against too many teams Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth etc

4 hours ago, Usafox1 said:

Where're the Internet certified coaches who wanted to bench  Ndidi? Out celebrating I assume. I still think Madison is overrated and of little value playing from the wings.He lacks the pace ,stamina and creativity on the ball to be truly effective in that position. 

Still would prefer to bench Ndidi yes. 

But agree with you re Maddison. I wouldn’t mind to see a bit more of Ghezzal and see what he can do. Some have written him off to soon - he has only played a few games for us so far!

• Like 2

Seem to be in the minoroty then but thought Maddison was absolute quality yesterday.

The amount of times the ball came to him in a tight spot but he managed to turn into space and start a cpunter-attack with how first touch was sublime.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Seem to be in the minoroty then but thought Maddison was absolute quality yesterday.

The amount of times the ball came to him in a tight spot but he managed to turn into space and start a cpunter-attack with how first touch was sublime.

I thought he was very good when we had the ball yesterday, played in Vardy for the goal got in some good positions and generally kept possession well and could have scored himself. Off the ball he still needs to improve, he was tracking back but not very effectively, it is not a strength in his game but something that he can improve.

7 Kasper. Made some good saves, distribution bit off at times.

8 Morgan, Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, Vardy, Albrighton, Maddison. Solid throughout, more of this please.

9 Ricardo,  Choudhury,  Chilwell,  Joint MOTM for me Ricardo and Choudhury working together outstanding. Chilwell never lost a header all game.

6 Simpson, Shinji, kept the tempo going.

4 Gray, little effort.

14 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Schmeichel - 6.5 (7 for his saves, 6 for his distribution)

Ricardo - 8.5 (MotM)

Morgan - 7

Maguire - 7

Chilwell - 7

Choudhury - 7

Ndidi - 7

Mendy - 7

Albrighton - 8

Maddison - 6.5 (7 for his second half display, 6 for his first)

Vardy - 7

Gray - 6

Simpson - 7

Okazaki - N/A

I gave mostly 8 good team performance, kasper needs to be more careful with his distribution, 

21 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

8 Morgan, Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, Vardy, Albrighton, Maddison. Solid throughout, more of this please.

9 Ricardo,  Choudhury,  Chilwell,  Joint MOTM for me Ricardo and Choudhury working together outstanding. Chilwell never lost a header all game.

4 Gray, little effort.

I had pretty much the same other than Gray- 4 is harsh, that run down the wing was electric and he tracked back well.

On 27/12/2018 at 10:47, Always Next Year said:

4 Gray, little effort.

Pretty much my ratings, other that Kasper, who I gave a 6 because of some really terrible distribution which could have been very costly, and Gray (6) who I thought tried hard for the team. Morgan was rock solid again, and his improvement since the early season games is proving a lot of people wrong, including me.

So, Puel's rating is back up to 92%. Amazing how after two losses he drops 40%, and two wins he goes up 40%! Some our our fans are so fickle! 

He is doing a very decent job, some of our younger players have improved so much it's a delight to see. All we lack now is tempo consistency throughout games, but 7th in the P/L at this stage is decent and with the huge squad rebuild, which urgently needed doing, Puel is over achieving in my opinion.

I think some of you are a bit harsh on Kasper. So his distribution was shit... like any goalkeeper's who's name is not Manuel Neuer!

If it wasnt for his saves and commanding of the area, we wouldn't walk with 3 points. Not at fault for the Silva goal either, the ball bounced I doubt any goalie would have saved that

Ricardo 9 - my MOTM what an exciting player that lad is. I knew he can dribble past a defender make a pass and assist, it turns out he can score an absolute belter too!

Chills - 8,5 !!! Brilliant

Kasper, Maguire, Mendy, Vardy, Albrighton (worth singling out for the positioning for his goal alone), Hamza (take a bow son! I'm even starting to like his haircut)  - all 8

Ndidi, Maddison, Morgan - 7 

Simpson - 6

Gray - 5 (I was expecting him to run his socks off but it didn't happen. I think he doesn't live up to my expectations about him, some flashes of qualiteee but overall he's been underwhelming this season)

Shinji - N/A hope to see more of him than few odd minutes now and then

Napuelon - 9 Tactical masterclass? Best game we played this season and superbly managed. But I won't switch to Puel Firmly In bandwagon just yet. Man City and Chelsea wins were awesome, ManCity especially was immensely entertaining and I'm grateful for that but it will be only glitter not true gold for me if he can't prove his worth and win against the teams from the very bottom. Next couple of weeks with Cardiff and Southampton games should be really telling in that regard. Are we experiencing the birth of true Qualiteee or is it just a false dawn

Edited by Chester Dontlie