Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Jarrod Bowen

4 hours ago, FIF said:

But Gray is a hell of a lot better player than Mahrez at 21 or 22. But let's ignore that.

Our biggest need is not a winger who can cross the ball, it's an attacker who can take the chances he gets.

Certainly many of us were really down on Chilwell before he made his leap this season. So I think that point is fair. That said, with the extent to which Claude likes to feature young players, and the extent to which he has had success at developing them, if he cannot get going under Claude, I'm nervous putting all my eggs in the Gray basket.

I get the need for an attacker(s) who can finish, as at this point, our failings in that dept cannot be attributed to bad luck or a small sample size. The ability to finish is simply not a skill most of our players have. But a wing who can consistently take players 1-on-1 and get inside would improve the volume and quality of opportunities for the two players we have who can finish, Vardy and Mads obv. Two different ways to approach the same problem, though I'd be delighted to see a proven goal scorer join the club this month. At a minimum I think we need a back-up for Vards who plays Claude's style, and if not that, at least someone like that for the u-23s this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

True maybe I am being a bit negative here. However, I was really excited by Mahrez as we'd already had success with Knockheart and I'd heard some rumours about his skills but I never expected Mahrez to be so good.

Fair dos. It would be great if we signed Bowen and he developed into a gem.

16 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Mahrez signed for us when he was 22 and was definitely better then than Gray ever has been.

Mahrez was electric from the word go, he'd have his off days but was always capable of pulling something magic out the bag

We all wanted Gray to be the same player, and he's had a smattering of decent performances in his time here, but on the whole he's not fit to lick Mahrez' salty undercarriage. It's evident he's never going to be anywhere near the same bracket

His numbers are pretty impressive in a pretty average Hull team (although they have improved of late, largely down to this guy) and I’d never say no to having another English talent, my only concern would be for the 20/21 season when Leicester have just won England the euros that we might get off to a slow start.

In all seriousness I’d certainly be interested, would guess Hull won’t sell this window though with them with a slight chance of a play off place unless we buy him and loan him back 

Looks accomplished on the ball..

Fear he may lack a yard of pace.

This is why Ghezzal struggles imo. Nice pretty touches but goes nowhere with the ball.

Think we need to look at that creative CM

And the guy that said Gray is better than Mahrez was at 21/22. You obviously don’t get to many games!

Its a shame with Gray as I like quick direct players but as with so many of that type, the end product is zilch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

And the guy that said Gray is better than Mahrez was at 21/22. You obviously don’t get to many games!

Not a fecking chance. Gray is not even our best winger now. I also don't think he's improved since he arrived. He scores few goals and creates very little. 

If Barnes is 50% of the player he's been at WBA I don't see Gray getting a game. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Not a fecking chance. Gray is not even our best winger now. I also don't think he's improved since he arrived. He scores few goals and creates very little. 

If Barnes is 50% of the player he's been at WBA I don't see Gray getting a game. 

Scored a couple of big goals for us this year. Arguably been in our top 5 performers imo (Chilwell, Ricardo, Maddison, Gray, Vardy for me). He needs to continue adding more to his game and I want to see more from him as the season progresses but again he easily gets far more stick than he deserves. His pace is always a threat and he’s a good outlet, good at getting us up the pitch even on his bad days. 

I do expect him and Barnes to battle it out for a starting spot though. Hopefully it forces them both to up their own games.

• Like 1

Been impressed with what I have seen of him, would fit the mould of the team we have built. Would Hull sell for less than £20m though? I doubt it. 

Re - Gray - seeks to have all the attiributes but no end product, frustrating to watch really! Don't agree with the better than Mahrez at his age post either