Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 1-2 Southampton - Vote Now

Leicester City 1-2 Southampton

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.0

Total Average Rating

116 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury 6.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Nampalys Mendy 3.0
  4. Manager Confidence 52% +1%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 12/01/19
Voting Ends: 17/01/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Nampalys Mendy
  8. Wilfred Ndidi
  9. Marc Albrighton
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. James Maddison
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Demarai Gray (sub)
  14. Rachid Ghezzal (sub)

Schmeichel - 5

Pereira - 5.5 (as usual, 6 for attacking skills, 5 for defensive)

Morgan - 6

Maguire - 6

Chilwell - 5.5 (6 for ball playing skills, 5 for footballing intelligence)

Choudhury - 6.5 (again, our best defensive player, by a mile)

Mendy 3.5 (4 for effort, 3 for ability / skill and intelligence - ie the penalty !)

Ndidi - 5

Albrighton 4.5 (5 for effort, 4 for effect)

Maddison - 5.5 (6 for trying, 5 for succeeding)

Vardy - 5

Barnes - 7 (MotM, how he never started, I don't know. Our best attacking player, by a distance)

Gray - 5.5 (as for Maddison)

Ghezzal - 5

Kasper 4 - Distribution is shit. Every week. Just causes us problems, as it did with the penalty today.

Mendy 4 - Two mistakes but shouldn't have been put in the situation for the pen

Albrighton 4

Everyone else 5.

• Like 2

Kasper 6 Partly to blame for the first goal 

Ricardo 6 Did well for the goal but he is usually much better

Wes 7 MOTM 

Maguire 5 Turned very easily in the first half by Redmond. Not one of his best games 

Chilwell 6 Did ok

Albrighton 5 Difficult to judge him on one half but his usual good work rate 

Mendy 3 Brainless on two occasions which cost us the game 

Ndidi 6 Passing remains a concern but did well to get the goal 

Chudhury 6.5 Very good first half, got forward more and seemed to be growing in confidence. Largely played in defence for the second half and he seemed uncomfortable! 

Maddison 6 I’m convinced he’s our most creative player and we aren’t getting the best out of him. Out of position on the left, then number 10 where he still isn’t involved enough. Wish we’d play him in centre mid where he can dictate the play more. Kept trying 

Vardy 4 Isolated and must hate playing for Puel. Offside too much and rarely a threat. Didn’t touch the ball until the 23rd minute today bar the challenge on the goalie. 

Thought Barnes and Gray both looked lively and did pretty well when they came on. Would start both next game. 

Ghezzal is terrible. Can’t believe he’s a Premier League footballer. 

Puel Out. 

Edited by Dickov22

Schmeichel - 3

Pereira - 2

Morgan - 3

Maguire - 4

Chilwell - 2

Choudhury - 5

Mendy - 1

Ndidi - 6

Albrighton - 3

Maddison - 4

Vardy - 3

Barnes - 4 

Gray - 2

Ghezzal - 2  

Srsly, Chilwell on a higher average than Pereira?  For that game?

People need to spend less time sticking pins in their Puel dolls and more time watching the match if they're going to bother voting.

Edited by Deeg67

Kasper-5 poor distribution in the first half, caught arguing with the ref when he needs to show more leadership in these situations

Ricardo-6 out of position a few times, but offered a good threat going forward and involved in the goal

Wes-6 solid as always unlucky not to score a goal 

Mags- 5 not at this best, slow with his passing and got turned a few times by Long. better coming forward in the second half bringing the ball out

Chilly-5 poor in the first half trying to hard to hold onto the ball for too long, communication with the rest of the defence was lacking, going forward offered very little playing the same ball over and over

Hamza-6 put some good tackles in and moved the ball quickly looks physically capable of competing at this level

Mendy-3 at fault for both goals, looked poor last couple of games the ball always seemed to be up on the air when he touches it. needs to have a rest

Ndidi-5 got the goal and seems to be everywhere without imposing himself on the game as much as Hamza did

Albrighton-4 great workrate as always but lacking quality for the most parts and looks jaded

maddison-5 offered the most creativity but didnt offer much movement looking for a simple pass

Vardy-4 missing for large parts of the game, jogged around for the most of it lack of service is visible

subs:

Barnes-6 didnt look out of place a couple of nice touches and offered a pass when he got into space hope to see more game time

Gray-5 more effective yesterday than in previous appearances, tried to get things moving against a resolute defence

Ghezzal-4 Puel's blue eyed boy! not sure what he brought to the game yesterday, he can make some better forward passes than others but this was missing yesterday    

Puel in on the basis that we don't have any other alternatives and now feels the rest of the season will be water treading as we are reasonably safe from relegation. 

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I know ghezzal isn't a fans favourite and I get that but pls tell me what he did wrong yesterday? People marking him as a 2 is embarrassing. At least he actually passed to his team mates today unlike one or two others....

He didn’t run at a defender once. He ducked out of two challenges I saw also. It’s not his fault, it’s the manager’s for picking him. He’s nowhere near the level needed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

He didn’t run at a defender once. He ducked out of two challenges I saw also. It’s not his fault, it’s the manager’s for picking him. He’s nowhere near the level needed. 

So you've marked him low because he didn't run at a defender.... harsh. If im being picky I'd like to see him be more positive as think he's better than what we've seen but it was difficult yesterday when he came on as very little space. The one time he did cut inside to try and shoot he was simply crowded out. Despite doing little wrong yesterday it just bewilders me why people still want to slate the bloke 

10 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

So you've marked him low because he didn't run at a defender.... harsh. If im being picky I'd like to see him be more positive as think he's better than what we've seen but it was difficult yesterday when he came on as very little space. The one time he did cut inside to try and shoot he was simply crowded out. Despite doing little wrong yesterday it just bewilders me why people still want to slate the bloke 

I don’t think I even bothered marking him actually but I can understand fans marking him with a low score. He’s crap. 

21 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I know ghezzal isn't a fans favourite and I get that but pls tell me what he did wrong yesterday? People marking him as a 2 is embarrassing. At least he actually passed to his team mates today unlike one or two others....

I laughed when he shot, hit a defender, people around me screamed "I knew he was going to do that/never gonna score" yet Barnes did the same and it's "well done lad".

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I laughed when he shot, hit a defender, people around me screamed "I knew he was going to do that/never gonna score" yet Barnes did the same and it's "well done lad".

Plus the guy did actually score last week from a not too dissimilar position... :dunno: Now if it were Gray - not sure I have ever seen him shoot on target from outside the box. 

Kasper..4 woeful distribution and even the commentator said so when another poor kick led to the penalty.

Ricardo..4 worst game in a while, poor defensively and couldn’t pass the ball.

Morgan..7 steady as a rock and MOTM.

Maguire..5 huffed & puffed with nothing to do, decent shot though.

Chilwell..3 didn’t read the game today, very poor in the final 3rd.

Albrighton..3 non existent for 45 minutes.

Mendy..2 absolute shocker, offered nothing for the last few games now.

Ndidi..4 the goal gets him an extra mark, aimless passes again.

Choudary..7 ran and ran, best midfielder we have at the club and he gets subbed.

Maddison..4 thinks he’s fantastic, he’s not, needs a kick up the arse.

Vardy..4 hardly touched the ball again, can’t play the ‘Puel’ way looks a forlorn figure.

Subs...

Barnes.. 6 the only plus from the game with Hamza, got to start every game but we need him alongside Vardy, Ben needs to learn how to read his runs.

Gray & Ghezzal..1s uninspiring rubbish to bring on, surely Iheanacho or some of the young lads would be better options.

Puel..1 dead man walking, don’t think he has a clue now........

The Fans... 10 how have we turned up week in week out to watch this dross, don’t like booing but I think it’s warranted now, big changes are afoot....

Up the City...:scarf:

• Like 1

Kasper 5 - tries to be too clever with his distribution. But good save from the header. 

Ricardo 5 - bad day but did create the goal. 

Morgan 4 - too slow when on the ball

maguire 6 - looked most likely man to create something second half which says it all

chilwell 4 - not at the races and seems to be showing signs of fatigue. Needs more help from those in front of him though. 

Mendy 3 - not much can be said

ndidi 6 - at times only one who wanted to play with some urgency 

hamza 5 - ok, nothing more 

albrighton 4 - you don’t have to cross it every time for ****s sake 

Maddison 5 - tried to pull the strings but all he did was move them from side to side. He was too deep, needs to be in the box more. 

Vardy 4 - general play is useless at the minute, not his sort of game but least do simple things right. 

Barnes 5 - tough game to come into but was no different to our other wingers. 

Gray 5 - at his best when running at people but turns back too often

ghezzal 4 - not on long enough for fair rating. Same problem everyone else had. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Srsly, Chilwell on a higher average than Pereira?  For that game?

People need to spend less time sticking pins in their Puel dolls and more time watching the match if they're going to bother voting.

Thought Ricardo had an unusually poor match. Kept giving the ball away and getting caught in possession/tackled.

• Like 1