Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Attacking somebody during an MEP rally is indefensible, no matter what political allegiance you have. In order to assess this situation, it'd be even better if we had more videos in order to establish a proper timeline and be able to conduce who started attacking whom first.

Certainly agree with this. 

You either condemn all attacks on people standing for election or you don't condemn any, can't have different rules for different opinions, that's not a free democratic society. 

The hypocrisy of many in the establishment on this has been grotesque.

Edited by MattP

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yep, definitely not the case by posting a Twitter feed by a well-known leftist Aussie SJW sympathizer and fake historian who once tweeted "kill whitey" or wished "White Genocide" for Christmas.

Lovely.

As for the "media studies lecture" - shame to see you're turning a blind eye to the way news are reported today. Be more critical and skeptical of mass media is all I can say.

Christ you presume a lot. 

I posted some some news from the “i” the other day and what followed was a dissemination and a lecture under some kind of presumption that a guy who’s spent years disseminating and critically analysing media sources would somehow be liberated by your educational genius.

People might just be posting links to news.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It is not irrelevant, far from it. TR's video clearly shows him being harassed and attacked by three different people without provocation at least three times. Yet the media spin it as if he was the active party in all of this:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/02/tommy-robinson-doused-in-milkshake-for-second-time-in-two-days

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6985387/Tommy-Robinson-attacked-milkshake-Bury.html

The police then simply turn a blind eye and walk away. :huh:

The milkshake attacker also provides a rather twisted narrative, portraying himself as the victim, when it is clear to see his was having a go at the convoy at least twice before.

Attacking somebody during an MEP rally is indefensible, no matter what political allegiance you have. In order to assess this situation, it'd be even better if we had more videos in order to establish a proper timeline and be able to conduce who started attacking whom first.

I don't know whether you're a troll or your posts genuinely represent your political leanings.

Either way, I  have no intention of wasting my time having discourse with you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I don't know whether you're a troll or your posts genuinely represent your political leanings.

I thought I knew the guy and now have honestly no idea who he is or what he represents of late Buce. 

But when a racist man with history history of confrontation, thuggery and vitriolic hate turns up to walk rough a town there will always be conflict.

He has the right to do this and I’d defend his right to do so as well but can’t be arsed to pick apart the handbags that follow and spend my Bank Holiday arguing about it because Tommy Robinson is a bellend of the highest order and I’d certainly tell him to **** off if he turned up outside my gaff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Which would be...?

This is the bigger issue here - people on the left (I assume that's your political stance) portraying everything that is to the right of them as "extremist" or "far-right".

Just by posting a video about Tommy Robinson I'm now somehow magically implicated in his political stance.

My main criticism here isn't of left or right or left vs. right, but of the way the media portray it.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I thought I knew the guy and now have honestly no idea who he is or what he represents of late Buce. 

But when a racist man with history history of confrontation, thuggery and vitriolic hate turns up to walk rough a town there will always be conflict.

He has the right to do this and I’d defend his right to do so as well but can’t be arsed to pick apart the handbags that follow and spend my Bank Holiday arguing about it because Tommy Robinson is a bellend of the highest order and I’d certainly tell him to **** off if he turned up outside my gaff.

So you combat his MEP rally with violence? Is that the answer?

Some people (in groups) are now so easily offended by the sheer presence of people they don't agree with, it's mind-boggling.

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Christ you presume a lot. 

I posted some some news from the “i” the other day and what followed was a dissemination and a lecture under some kind of presumption that a guy who’s spent years disseminating and critically analysing media sources would somehow be liberated by your educational genius.

People might just be posting links to news.

Yes, and some people might just be analyzing and criticizing news. By publishing news, you are opening it for debate, no?

I don't see how either thing is an issue. Can't we just accept that both are fine?

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

So you combat his MEP rally with violence? Is that the answer?

Some people (in groups) are now so easily offended by the sheer presence of people they don't agree with, it's mind-boggling.

Right it’s apparent that you can’t actually be bothered to read posts now and are just making up your own rhetoric in response ? 

Im not wasting my time with you.

Have a great day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Right it’s apparent that you can’t actually be bothered to read posts now and are just making up your own rhetoric in response ? 

Im not wasting my time with you.

Have a great day.

A: Asks a question

B: Deflects from the question by claiming A didn't read the other post

B leaves.

Today's debate culture. Splendid.

Edited by MC Prussian

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Oh dear God - thoughts and prayers with the people of Uttlesford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-48155121

Conservatives lose council to local residents' association

An independent residents' association has taken control of Uttlesford District Council from the Conservatives.

Residents took 17 seats from the Tories.

The council covers the town of Saffron Walden and the surrounding area, which includes Stansted Airport.

The founder of the group, John Lodge, said he was "very thrilled, a little bit humble and little bit frightened".

Mr Lodge, who represents the Saffron Walden Shire ward said only in his "wildest dreams" did he think they would win.

The Liberal Democrats won one more seat, taking their total to seven, while the Conservatives retained just four of the 23 seats they were defending.

Two seats went to independents, a gain of one, while none of the other established parties won any of the authority's 39 seats.

The previous leader of the council, Conservative Stephen Rolfe, said their loss was "part of the national picture".

Mr Rolfe, who lost his Ashdon seat, said the loss was "essentially" about Brexit as voters had told him they were "fed up" with the main parties' handling of the issue.

Mr Lodge, who founded Residents for Uttlesford in 2013, admitted that the national picture was reflected in Essex, but their win was a "local phenomenon".

I know you don't agree but I love the idea of local people actully being in charge of local policy/problems.

Prescott egged. Robinson milkshaked. I don't care. Someone could throw milkshake at my politican of choice and I wouldn't cry about it. It'll probably give them more publicitiy. And if the politican are playing on the "I'm a victim and we're being oppressed we must fight to bring a new dawn and happiness to our people" card it may even help them. And the politican's fans can act outraged and claim the all important righteous victim status.

Interesting that "Tommy" raises the double standard of the response to Corbyn being egged vs him being milkshaked. I'm not aware of the egging story but I'll put all my money on any footage of the event not showing Corbyn and his followers immediately going in arms swinging in response. 

Also pretty interesting that he focuses heavily on that lady being assaulted, says he has footage, but doesn't share that footage in a 15 minute long video made to show off the unprovoked violence against innocent people... I wonder why that is? 

And then there's the blatant racial fear mongering of "if they were Muslim".  Hmmmmmmmm.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Interesting that "Tommy" raises the double standard of the response to Corbyn being egged vs him being milkshaked. I'm not aware of the egging story but I'll put all my money on any footage of the event not showing Corbyn and his followers immediately going in arms swinging in response. 

Also pretty interesting that he focuses heavily on that lady being assaulted, says he has footage, but doesn't share that footage in a 15 minute long video made to show off the unprovoked violence against innocent people... I wonder why that is? 

And then there's the blatant racial fear mongering of "if they were Muslim".  Hmmmmmmmm.

The police and media are actually playing into his hands by treating him differently, the media should ignore him and the police should just do their job and with a bit of luck he would disappear.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The police and media are actually playing into his hands by treating him differently, the media should ignore him and the police should just do their job and with a bit of luck he would disappear.

I do agree but what can the police do, though? They've got a thug masquerading as a politician running around getting into fights, if they arrest him and his oiks for their violence it plays into the "oppressed by the state" narrative so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been directed to avoid doing that unless things get too out of hand, but then they have to show the same restraint with violent protesters or they'll get the media and leftists claiming the state supports Tommy.  The obvious answer is to arrest the lot but staffing may not allow for that plus you know Mr Lennon will make another video crying to the camera about being the victim and getting nicked... and as we've seen there are many who'll buy into that narrative no questions asked.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Edited by Carl the Llama

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I do agree but what can the police do, though? They've got a thug masquerading as a politician running around getting into fights, if they arrest him and his oiks for their violence it plays into the "oppressed by the state" narrative so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been directed to avoid doing that unless things get too out of hand, but then they have to show the same restraint with violent protesters or they'll get the media and leftists claiming the state supports Tommy.  The obvious answer is to arrest the lot but staffing may not allow for that plus you know Mr Lennon will make another video crying to the camera about being the victim and getting nicked... and as we've seen there are many who'll buy into that narrative no questions asked.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And all over a bit of hash...

Edited by Buce

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Arrest him if he commits an offence and arrest those that commit offences against him, it’s their duty to be impartial.

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Arrest him if he commits an offence and arrest those that commit offences against him, it’s their duty to be impartial.

Did you see the way Tommy's supporters mobbed around that police lady?  Like I say, I agree that arresting the lot responsible is the obvious solution but I'm not sure it was a practical one.  Sad that a prospective MEP's followers can intimidate police like that and throw punches left, right and centre but people just want to focus on the protesters getting away with being violent for a few shoves, some angry facial expressions, choice words and a cup of milkshake.

Obviously I condemn any physical violence used in protest. The milkshake is fine though, we're not British if we can't handle a good food protest.

Edited by Carl the Llama

50 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Did you see the way Tommy's supporters mobbed around that police lady?  Like I say, I agree that arresting the lot responsible is the obvious solution but I'm not sure it was a practical one.  Sad that a prospective MEP's followers can intimidate police like that and throw punches left, right and centre but people just want to focus on the protesters getting away with being violent for a few shoves, some angry facial expressions, choice words and a cup of milkshake.

Obviously I condemn any physical violence used in protest. The milkshake is fine though, we're not British if we can't handle a good food protest.

I don’t think the milkshake is fine in this day and age of acid attacks, although I understand your overall point and on reflection probably agree. The police are between a rock and a hard place.

The lad that threw the milkshake should have been arrested, from the video @MC Prussian put up but again, it’s possible there is another perspective. You can’t see behind tommy and he might be getting threatened and provoked.

Its worrying times when people are turning to this guy for their mouthpiece. :nono:

• Like 2

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

It really isn't. 

If it was completely legal to throw food and drink over politicians they would get drenched every time they went out to campaign - for good reason you can't do these things.

Guest MattP

That's almost half of the total spoilt ballots in the entire 2017 GE - from just 72 council elections.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's almost half of the total spoilt ballots in the entire 2017 GE - from just 72 council elections.

Any idea what the turnout was?

Ive got a feeling the European elections are going to get the best turnout they’ve ever had in this country.

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Any idea what the turnout was?

Ive got a feeling the European elections are going to get the best turnout they’ve ever had in this country.

I can't find anything but John Curtice said it was pretty much in line with last time out.

Spoilt ballots do count on turnout though. 

Just now, MattP said:

I can't find anything but John Curtice said it was pretty much in line with last time out.

Spoilt ballots do count on turnout though. 

Oh I know they do, which why they matter over not bothering to turn up. I wish I could have voted, I would have done the same but my dad came out of hospital on Thursday and I just ran out of time :(

That would equate to just shy of 150,000 in a general election I think, which is still not really enough for them to take notice.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh I know they do, which why they matter over not bothering to turn up. I wish I could have voted, I would have done the same but my dad came out of hospital on Thursday and I just ran out of time :(

That would equate to just shy of 150,000 in a general election I think, which is still not really enough for them to take notice.

It would be far more than as the whole country wasn't voting this week. Nothing in Scotland, London or many other cities or towns. 

Hope your Dad is OK as well.