Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

If there's ever a day when a Residents Association wins control of a council then everyone in the area who didn't vote for them should be evacuated immediately.

With the offer of evacuation for those that did vote for them to be extended a week later.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If there's ever a day when a Residents Association wins control of a council then everyone in the area who didn't vote for them should be evacuated immediately.

With the offer of evacuation for those that did vote for them to be extended a week later.

Isn't that like ethnic cleansing?

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

No.

So why don't we move all people out of areas that didn't vote Labour if they win, or all people who didn't vote Tory if they win?

Maybe I just don't get your point. Maybe it was humour at a level that I have not reached.

Guest MattP

Despite being the only out and out pro-Brexit party in the council elections, the UKIP vote share is dropping considerably and they have lost almost all of their councillors.

Good for the Brexit party and also shows that the vast majority of Leave voters want absolutely nothing to do with a party edging towards the far right.

Guest MattP
30 minutes ago, Bryn said:

That's an even more tenuous interpretation than mine.

On the ropes, this Brexit bollocks.

Do explain....

Why are the Brexit party set to win the European elections but UKIP can't even hit a deposit saving amount last night across the country? 

If there is another reason I'd genuinely like to hear it.

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Who says they're set to win anything? 

Pollsters have them clearly ahead and they are a best price 4/9 now at the bookmakers. 

And that's before any campaigning starts which is the strong point of the leave side and the weak point of the remain side.

FWIW though I do think if a second referendum was held tomorrow remain would win, but after another campaign I think leave gets over the line again. Dominic Cummings and Matthew Elliot against guys like Will Straw. Plus we'd probably have Corbyn on our side next time around actually arguing for a Lexit.

What's the answer to my question anyway? 

Edited by MattP

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/02/russian-spy-whale-has-defected-to-norway-locals-claim

Honestly my favourite news story of 2019 to date lol lol

The alleged "spy whale" from Russia has "defected", making friends with the Norwegian village that found it and removed its camera harness. It now refuses to leave and is just chilling doing tricks for the locals. 

Why can't all news be this whimsical? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/02/russian-spy-whale-has-defected-to-norway-locals-claim

The alleged "spy whale" from Russia has "defected", making friends with the Norwegian village that found it and removed its camera harness. It now refuses to leave and is just chilling doing tricks for the locals. 

This is amazing lol

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just hope the whimsy isn't spoiled by them killing and eating it

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bryn said:

To the Lib Dems, Greens and Independents. UKIP have lost councillors. 

**** Brexit. Time for a second referendum. Brexiteers only don't want it because they know it will be emphatically rejected. 

How about a third after the remainers win the second? Actually the best of 3 could work....

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

Looking like a good result for the Lib Dems, at least in the context of the last decade. 

Where were you 

Where were you

Where were you when you were shit!

Seriously, welcome back to the forum.

Edited by MattP

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

How about a third after the remainers win the second? Actually the best of 3 could work....

Why would we need a third? The first was based on a fantasy and the Leave campaign demonstrably lied and the British public therefore did not give valid, informed consent to leaving the EU. We now know the precise reality of Brexit and would be voting upon it.

@MattP you're probably right about the xenophobes ditching UKIP for the Farage Party, I honestly couldn't care less either way, doesn't mean there isn't a lurch towards remain in other quarters.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, Bryn said:

@MattP you're probably right about the xenophobes ditching UKIP for the Farage Party, I honestly couldn't care less either way, doesn't mean there isn't a lurch towards remain in other quarters.

But if they are xenophobes why wouldn't they come out and vote for UKIP in an election where the Brexit party isn't even standing?

That's where your argument makes no sense. Xenophobes won't vote for a party than has become even more Xenophobic?

Edited by MattP

As the Tories near ever closer to 1000 losses, it's a shame that the Blaby area hasn't taken a more significant hit.  

How **** does it have to get for people in south Leicestershire to vote for something radically different?!?!  Can't see Harborough changing either, still waiting on that one.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

As the Tories near ever closer to 1000 losses, it's a shame that the Blaby area hasn't taken a more significant hit.  

How **** does it have to get for people in south Leicestershire to vote for something radically different?!?!  Can't see Harborough changing either, still waiting on that one.

Harborough is already in - Tory hold.

Just now, Buce said:

Harborough is already in - Tory hold.

Yes, just seen that.  Oadby and Wigston is going the way of the Lib Dems though.

I find the whole process frustrating when I've voted in similar fashion to the nation as a whole but little old South Leicestershire itself never changes!!!

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ellis ward gained a Lib Dem councillor. :trumpet: