Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Of course he lies, he's a politician, it's what they do.

Have to laugh when people use the 'he/she lies' comments when talking about politicians as if that makes the difference and seperates them from the rest.

The problem is for the others, Farage's lies have no consequences. He knows he's never going to get into power, if he truly wanted to then he'd have been a Tory politician a long time ago. 

He went away after the 2016 referendum because he had no idea how Brexit should actually be delivered. Now that the leavers have been deceived by the 'establishment' he's returned with even bigger soundbites and even less idea of an idea as to how we should actually leave the EU. Nigel Farage doesn't want Brexit because it will make him irrelevant and he'll stop earning money. 

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The problem is for the others, Farage's lies have no consequences. He knows he's never going to get into power, if he truly wanted to then he'd have been a Tory politician a long time ago. 

He went away after the 2016 referendum because he had no idea how Brexit should actually be delivered. Now that the leavers have been deceived by the 'establishment' he's returned with even bigger soundbites and even less idea of an idea as to how we should actually leave the EU. Nigel Farage doesn't want Brexit because it will make him irrelevant and he'll stop earning money. 

Nah, he was too busy raking it in from the EU gravy train for the last 25 years, the fvcking hypocrite.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
17 hours ago, Buce said:

Amazing that.

Who'd have thought it after your completely balanced and unbiased explanation?

Nothing I said wasn't fact.

54 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nothing I said wasn't fact.

That's the art of spin, as you well know.

If I had 'explained' Brexit to a group of people with no prior knowledge, they might well have come to a different conclusion.

Guest MattP
15 hours ago, Lionator said:

Farage will earn money whether Brexit happens or not, he's a sought after pundit and can still sell out thousand seater venues as has been shown this week.

An autobiography would easily earn him a few million.

45 minutes ago, MattP said:

Farage will earn money whether Brexit happens or not, he's a sought after pundit and can still sell out thousand seater venues as has been shown this week.

An autobiography would easily earn him a few million.

Don’t like Farages politics (obviously) but he is very good at what he does

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Don’t like Farages politics (obviously) but he is very good at what he does

Yep.

So was Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MattP said:

Speaking of liars - McDonnell at it again. lol

If I was to quote the Hound from GoT's I'd have to say, the conservatives are full of C**ts, Labour are full of C**ts, basically the whole lot of them are C**ts.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Speaking of liars - McDonnell at it again. lol

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Labours Bojo strikes again.

Nope. 

Did you actually listen to it? He said, “I’m aiming for about 400, if we can”. 

That is a statement of intent, not a prediction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Change UK forgot to submit their logo to the Electoral Commission lol

IMG_20190506_084311.jpg

Change UK seem an absolute shambles. Unless they somehow spectacularly seize the media agenda, I can see them doing very badly in the Euro elections - and where will that leave them? Particularly if there's an early general election?

The local elections have given the Lib Dems and Greens publicity and momentum going into the Euros. Plus both those parties will have an experienced activist base on the ground - at least in some parts of the country - and people experienced at running a national campaign, dealing with TV, social media etc. Change have some known faces who are competent media performers, but that's not much good if your organisation is crap and other parties have taken your message.

It does seem, though, that they didn't forget to submit their logo, it was rejected as ineligible.....not sure that's any better! 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/change-uk-independent-group-european-parliament-elections-logo-vote-a8873086.html

"However, the new party's campaign got off to a faltering start when its proposed logo was rejected by the Electoral Commission. The watchdog said the design was "likely to mislead voters" and "contains a link to online material". It means the European Parliament election ballot papers will have an empty space next to Change UK's name. The logo the party had submitted had the letters "TIG" in white text on a black background, with #Change written underneath. An Electoral Commission spokesperson said: “The emblem contained a hashtag, and we cannot assess the material linked to a hashtag, which will change over time, against the legal tests. The emblem also contained the acronym TIG, which we were not satisfied was sufficiently well known.” The party can submit another design but it will come too late for this to appear on next month's ballot paper, meaning “there will be a blank space” next to Change UK candidates' names, the Commission said".

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Are the English Democrats just one family?

lol

English Democrats - "Putting England Allens first!" 

22 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Seems that the Yorkshire Party have kept their logo extra-small to save on ink......capturing the essence of their regional character there. :whistle:

Interesting that the Tories are using their official title in this. 

Making a pitch for the nationalist vote, presumably. 

Edited by Buce

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Interesting that the Tories are using their official title in this. 

Making a pitch for the national vote, presumably. 

Do they not usually include the "Unionist" bit on ballot forms? Can't say I'd noticed.

If not, are they hoping to pick up a few extra votes in Scotland after Sturgeon called for another IndyRef? Or is that what you meant by "national vote"?

Can't imagine it having much impact in England or Wales. Do they still stand candidates in N. Ireland? If so, they'll have no chance of getting elected and only risk harming the DUP/UUP....

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Do they not usually include the "Unionist" bit on ballot forms? Can't say I'd noticed.

If not, are they hoping to pick up a few extra votes in Scotland after Sturgeon called for another IndyRef? Or is that what you meant by "national vote"?

Can't imagine it having much impact in England or Wales. Do they still stand candidates in N. Ireland? If so, they'll have no chance of getting elected and only risk harming the DUP/UUP....

Sorry, it was a typo - I meant it to say nationalist vote. 

And, no, it usually just says Conservative

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Nope. 

Did you actually listen to it? He said, “I’m aiming for about 400, if we can”. 

That is a statement of intent, not a prediction. 

A bit like the bus slogan was an example not a promise?

Just now, Strokes said:

A bit like the bus slogan was an example not a promise?

Something like that. 

I’d say more a wilful misunderstanding of basic grammar though... :D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Seems that the Yorkshire Party have kept their logo extra-small to save on ink......capturing the essence of their regional character there. :whistle:

I'm surprised they were willing to write anything more than "Vooote for us, it be reyt"

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Change UK has been a bit of a shambles, they'd have been better off going Lib Dems

Missed a huge opportunity in the local elections, if they don't perform well in the European elections I doubt they'll last long.