Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

37 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That little toddler though, that is really sad

Tragic victims of his family’s religious stupidity. 

This was their statement when they left:

06D1FD2B-7EBC-4AB2-B202-96C4F559F6C8.thumb.jpeg.3ccaa86e22fa0d45ac14934dd5f1faa9.jpeg

They were so unbelievably deranged that they had no chance of even beginning to understand just how deranged they were. What a shame they’ll never find out there isn’t a paradise for them to go to. The twats. 

• Haha 1

@urban.spaceman in the fear of derailing the thread, I just want to point out that the religion doesn't condone the acts of terrorism. And I should add the majority of terrorism acts victims are also Muslim.

Throughout history, sick people tried to serve their goals by implementing their own version of a religion.

It just caught my attention that you seem very irritated by religions and you made your opinions obvious more than once so people got the point.

You have the right to think whatever you like. But maybe you can be a bit more tasteful and refrain from having a dig every chance you get. You might not have faith but many do, I do. 

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tragic victims of his family’s religious stupidity. 

This was their statement when they left:

06D1FD2B-7EBC-4AB2-B202-96C4F559F6C8.thumb.jpeg.3ccaa86e22fa0d45ac14934dd5f1faa9.jpeg

They were so unbelievably deranged that they had no chance of even beginning to understand just how deranged they were. What a shame they’ll never find out there isn’t a paradise for them to go to. The twats. 

You are right, absolutely.

But let's be under no illusion (I know you personally are not) they are no different to anyone of fundamentalist beliefs; no different to the millions of Christians in the US that believe in the rapture and shape US foreign policy accordingly; no different to the Orthodox Jews who justify settling on Palestinian land by virtue of what it says in a book written thousands of years ago; and no different to the fundamentalist Hindus of India and the Buddhists of Myanmar who use their religious beliefs to justify the persecution of minorities.

But above all, let's not forget that most people of religious beliefs are perfectly decent people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Temperatures of 45 degrees centigrade in the South of France, the heat takes its toll:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190628/heatwave-latest-france-records-its-hottest-temperature-ever

@FIF gets away thanks to the cool Atlantic Ocean breeze.

Yesterday and Wednesday were pretty bad even here with my house front practically on the beach. The moment the wind direction changed from the sea to from the land it was unbearable. Stayed inside with the shutters down and AC on. Walked the dogs in the night. Today the sun hasn't managed to penetrate the cloud cover.

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

But let's be under no illusion (I know you personally are not) they are no different to anyone of fundamentalist beliefs; no different to the millions of Christians in the US that believe in the rapture and shape US foreign policy accordingly; no different to the Orthodox Jews who justify settling on Palestinian land by virtue of what it says in a book written thousands of years ago; and no different to the fundamentalist Hindus of India and the Buddhists of Myanmar who use their religious beliefs to justify the persecution of minorities.

But above all, let's not forget that most people of religious beliefs are perfectly decent people.

And that there are many despicable people with no "religious" leanings.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

@urban.spaceman in the fear of derailing the thread, I just want to point out that the religion doesn't condone the acts of terrorism. And I should add the majority of terrorism acts victims are also Muslim.

Throughout history, sick people tried to serve their goals by implementing their own version of a religion.

It just caught my attention that you seem very irritated by religions and you made your opinions obvious more than once so people got the point.

You have the right to think whatever you like. But maybe you can be a bit more tasteful and refrain from having a dig every chance you get. You might not have faith but many do, I do. 

That may well be the the case but illustrates the problem with religion in general, not just Islam. Once an ideology or philosophy abandons scientific methodology for faith, it is completely open to any convincing nutter to interpret however they like.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, the fox said:

I grew up on Monty Python. One of the most profound things I learnt is from John Cleese’s eulogy for the legendary Graham Chapman, who ought to be the dictionary definition of a bohemian. Cleese said, after shocking the mourners by joking he hoped Graham fried in hell, “anything for Graham, but mindless good taste”.

With that in mind, you’re right. I am irritated by religions, and when I see incidents such as the gentleman fired by ASDA the other day (about 6 pages ago in this thread) for sharing a Billy Connolly anti religious clip, I see it as a moral duty to be as outspoken as possible on something that really shouldn’t be that controversial. I genuinely don’t go out to offend anyone, but that sometimes tends to be the collateral damage.

As far as I’m concerned expressions of non religion should be as equal and acceptable as any religious expression, and that is a bloody well earned human right. 

Regarding your first 3 sentences: we can argue till the cows come home whether scripture condones or promotes hatred, violence or murder etc in the name of Allah. I’m sure you’re more of an expert on these things than I. But our points of view are irrelevant on that. The point is that people like the Mannan family, Shamima, Jihadi John, ISIS itself, explicitly believe that it does AND claim to have the doctrines to prove it. The people preaching the hate are the issue and there’s only one place they get it from, and it ain’t Harry Potter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buce said:

100%

One of the problems with politics, on all sides, is that people who are entrenched in their own ideology refuse to accept there may be another viewpoint and can't understand why others think differently to them.

These thin skinned people don't half make a fuss of throwing their toys out of the pram.

They're also the people likely to give it the large one publicly and then get all offended (publicly or privately) when someone has even a gentle pop back on social media and/or forums.

Strange folk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Regarding your first 3 sentences: we can argue till the cows come home whether scripture condones or promotes hatred, violence or murder etc in the name of Allah. I’m sure you’re more of an expert on these things than I. But our points of view are irrelevant on that. The point is that people like the Mannan family, Shamima, Jihadi John, ISIS itself, explicitly believe that it does AND claim to have the doctrines to prove it. The people preaching the hate are the issue and there’s only one place they get it from, and it ain’t Harry Potter. 

I disagree. Everyone's points and opinions are to be taken into consideration.

And those people are just a bunch of idiots. They only hear what they want to hear. There is a reason why 99.99℅ of Muslims hate them. I know how ugly terrorism is. Not because I saw it on the Media but because my country experienced it in the 90's. 150+ thousand people were victims of terrorism in my country. Normal people, just your average citizen got killed, chopped or beheaded for no reason. They were not "kufar", they were not "infidels", they were not committing any grave sin.

I know what terrorism means and what it represents. It doesn't see any difference between a Muslim and Non-muslims. Those are misguided individuals led by crazy people. the main victims of such acts are the same ones accused of condoning them. That is why I find it so ridiculous that Muslims are being blamed for a disaster that they are effected with the most.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

With that in mind, you’re right. I am irritated by religions, and when I see incidents such as the gentleman fired by ASDA the other day (about 6 pages ago in this thread) for sharing a Billy Connolly anti religious clip, I see it as a moral duty to be as outspoken as possible on something that really shouldn’t be that controversial. I genuinely don’t go out to offend anyone, but that sometimes tends to be the collateral damage.

For you it's nothing, for you those words are not offensive, for you, you find that opinion relatable. You see the keyword here? " for you". But you are not the person those words are directed at.

far as I’m concerned expressions of non religion should be as equal and acceptable as any religious expression

Many people lost their jobs because they said "so and so is a sinner, so and so is going to hell". Did you feel outraged? 

By your logic, I have the freedom of speech to say whatever I want, right? People shouldn't be offended because it's my opinion and belief and I'm free to share it with the world, right? That's what freedom of speech means, right? The freedom to say whatever I want with no repercussions, right??  

People should not use " freedom of speech " as a way to say whatever they want. There is a middle ground to all of this. Even the term "Free speech" is so absurdly vague that no one knows what it means really.

Edited by the fox

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Freedom of speech does not and should not absolve you of consequence or repercussions. Only in a legal sense. You can still be challenged, disliked, despised as much as you can be encouraged, liked and loved. 

Why should religion or religious people have any more rights and protection than the rest of us?

Spot on, mate.

Keyboard warriors take note.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Spot on, mate.

Keyboard warriors take note.

It’s a funny old world isn’t it mate? 

I mean we have seen from certain things on here that although many views are entrenched but given time, sometimes people can come around to a different way of thinking. Only by being allowed a platform to be challenged can enrich our minds. 

This thread can be used as both a good and bad example of this.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s a funny old world isn’t it mate? 

I mean we have seen from certain things on here that although many views are entrenched but given time, sometimes people can come around to a different way of thinking. Only by being allowed a platform to be challenged can enrich our minds. 

This thread can be used as both a good and bad example of this.....

Is that your way of coming out as a Remainer, mate? :D

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Freedom of speech does not and should not absolve you of consequence or repercussions. Only in a legal sense. You can still be challenged, disliked, despised as much as you can be encouraged, liked and loved. 

Why should religion or religious people have any more rights and protection than the rest of us?

Well, that was my point. I was holding both sides to the same standard.

That man posted a video and was disliked and lost his job. Many religious men lost their jobs because of something they said and also their beliefs. 

Edited by the fox

Well, back to the main theme of the thread. I got two pieces of news that I find interesting.

"Scientists have finally found malaria’s Achilles’ heel, a neurotoxin that isn’t harmful to any living thing except Anopheles mosquitoes that spread malaria."

And of course a Trump quote lol

He dismissed the need for climate change actions because apparently he said, "we have the cleanest water we ever had. We have the cleanest air"

Bernie Sanders claimed that the 3 richest men in the US owned more than the poorest half of the US population.

BBC's reality check showed that in 2017 Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffet had a combined total of $248.5bn according to Forbes. 

The institue for policy studies stated that was $3bn more than the lowest 50% of the US population combined - That's 160 million people.

How can that be? How do we allow that to be?

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

And what I find surprising is how Warren Buffet's is still alive at the age of 88 considering his unhealthy eating habits

He's probably a health food buffet...

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Is that your way of coming out as a Remainer, mate? :D

? 

Not exactly........

If I thought remaining would solve this polarisation and lurch to extreme politics, then I’d definitely reconsider but it won’t.

Just now, Strokes said:

?

Not exactly........

If I thought remaining would solve this polarisation and lurch to extreme politics, then I’d definitely reconsider but it won’t.

Yep, I agree, mate.

Brexit or no Brexit, that genie is out of the bottle.