Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 minute ago, Buce said:

He's probably a health food buffet...

Just look at this, man.

"The Berkshire Hathaway CEO drinks about five cans of Coca-Cola products a day, constantly munches on See's Candies, and uses so much salt that John Stumpf, the former Wells Fargo CEO, said it was like a "snowstorm."

people probably getting heart attacks eating too much vegetables and this mad man is eating like his stomach can melt steel lol

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Just look at this, man.

"The Berkshire Hathaway CEO drinks about five cans of Coca-Cola products a day, constantly munches on See's Candies, and uses so much salt that John Stumpf, the former Wells Fargo CEO, said it was like a "snowstorm."

people probably getting heart attacks eating too much vegetables and this mad man is eating like his stomach can melt steel lol

Whoooooooosh! (I think)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffet

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’m going to mull it over and give you an answer tomorrow if that’s ok Wymes ... 

Then you’ll have a mulled whine...

I’ll get me coat. 

20 hours ago, the fox said:

I disagree. Everyone's points and opinions are to be taken into consideration.

And those people are just a bunch of idiots. They only hear what they want to hear. There is a reason why 99.99℅ of Muslims hate them. I know how ugly terrorism is. Not because I saw it on the Media but because my country experienced it in the 90's. 150+ thousand people were victims of terrorism in my country. Normal people, just your average citizen got killed, chopped or beheaded for no reason. They were not "kufar", they were not "infidels", they were not committing any grave sin.

I know what terrorism means and what it represents. It doesn't see any difference between a Muslim and Non-muslims. Those are misguided individuals led by crazy people. the main victims of such acts are the same ones accused of condoning them. That is why I find it so ridiculous that Muslims are being blamed for a disaster that they are effected with the most.

I agree with the last statement - blaming Muslims for what other Muslims do is utterly absurd and I’ve never understood why people do. I blame the malign teaching within certain areas of the faith. I’m not the person you need to be convincing about which is right or wrong - I don’t care about it either way. There is a worrying number of people with malicious intent teaching their own version of the holy book in a worrying amount of places - there’s even been a couple of faith schools in Leicester that have been threatened with closure for “failing to prepare the children for life in 21st Britain”. In Birmingham we have people protesting against schools teaching their children that homosexuality exists, with some quite shocking views - one claimed that it was only legal, just not moral. Lovely people. 

Many people lost their jobs because they said "so and so is a sinner, so and so is going to hell". Did you feel outraged? 

By your logic, I have the freedom of speech to say whatever I want, right? People shouldn't be offended because it's my opinion and belief and I'm free to share it with the world, right? That's what freedom of speech means, right? The freedom to say whatever I want with no repercussions, right??  

People should not use " freedom of speech " as a way to say whatever they want. There is a middle ground to all of this. Even the term "Free speech" is so absurdly vague that no one knows what it means really.

People should have the right to say whatever they want. Nobody has any right whatsoever to not be offended. People can take offence, yes, go ahead. Who gets to decide what can’t be said? No wait. Who the hell gets to decide what I can’t hear? Censorship is a terrible idea and is never going to work. If you shut people down for what they say, even if it’s grotesque, you just inflame them so that their views get even more entrenched and you give them no scope to change their view.

Worse, you close your own mind off to any possibility of understanding their point, which could either embolden your own stance or shift it in the other direction. The answer to “hate” speech isn’t less speech, it’s better speech. See Megan Pehlps Roper’s TEDTalk for a living example of my point. 

For you it's nothing, for you those words are not offensive, for you, you find that opinion relatable. You see the keyword here? " for you". But you are not the person those words are directed at.

The bit after the bit you highlighted said: “I genuinely don’t go out to offend anyone, but that sometimes tends to be the collateral damage”. All I did was write what I wrote. You’re the one who took issue with it. That’s not my fault. You could have either just ignored it. I honestly don’t have any beef with anyone on here and I never intend to. I just come on here talk about Leicester City, check on Sheppy’s health during the transfer windows, help FIF go over his posting limit, chat about the news and try and make people laugh. I’m not sorry for what I said, nor for offending anyone. I am sorry that you can’t seem to move past it; offending someone is not my intent especially when I say something fairly innocuous. 

Peace

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

People should have the right to say whatever they want. Nobody has any right whatsoever to not be offended. People can take offence, yes, go ahead. Who gets to decide what can’t be said? No wait. Who the hell gets to decide what I can’t hear? Censorship is a terrible idea and is never going to work. If you shut people down for what they say, even if it’s grotesque, you just inflame them so that their views get even more entrenched and you give them no scope to change their view. 

Smashing comments and i agree totally .. +1 move up on a rune on Suzie's FT ladder of posters ... :schmike:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Two questions: how high am I now, and who did I displace?!

tenor.gif.a42a4a8bb53476a2b988d47e65bca73e.gif

It wasn’t me.

Suzie knows I’m irreplaceable. (Despite what she may post next)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not good enough for the job, yes.

You’ll not get many disagree with that, no matter which party they vote for - but for me what’s interesting is the idea that he’s ill or old age in some way is coming upon him.... whether true or not, a seed has been sown here and it’ll gain media traction. Clever, but a harsh dose of sinister spin in if there’s no truth in it.

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You’ll not get many disagree with that, no matter which party they vote for - but for me what’s interesting is the idea that he’s ill or old age in some way is coming upon him.... whether true or not, a seed has been sown here and it’ll gain media traction. Clever, but a harsh dose of sinister spin in if there’s no truth in it.

Blair's RHM Campbell was a master of the dark arts and the sinister spin. They're all at it unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Blair's RHM Campbell was a master of the dark arts and the sinister spin. They're all at it unfortunately.

True story. Just makes one think how much of what we read even from the sources we trust most is actually close to being real.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

True story. Just makes one think how much of what we read even from the sources we trust most is actually close to being real.

You're right. I take most things with a pinch of salt in life. When it comes to football journalists and 'sources' I know who I trust to be well connected and who isn't. Sometimes, for example, you know some journalists are 'close' to certain agents / players / managers / DoFs etc. 

One more thing on Campbell - it was he who made up the story about John Major tucking his shirt into his pants when he worked at the Mirror to help undermine him, making Major seem even more dull and odd. He was an absolute barsteward with hacks when he worked for Blair. I imagine this kind of negative drip drip stuff has been going on for centuries.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're right. I take most things with a pinch of salt in life. When it comes to football journalists and 'sources' I know who I trust to be well connected and who isn't. Sometimes, for example, you know some journalists are 'close' to certain agents / players / managers / DoFs etc. 

One more thing on Campbell - it was he who made up the story about John Major tucking his shirt into his pants when he worked at the Mirror to help undermine him, making Major seem even more dull and odd. He was an absolute barsteward with hacks when he worked for Blair. I imagine this kind of negative drip drip stuff has been going on for centuries.

Yep.

Blame William Randoph Hearst for making it a bigger thing, though.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I agree with the last statement - blaming Muslims for what other Muslims do is utterly absurd and I’ve never understood why people do. I blame the malign teaching within certain areas of the faith. I’m not the person you need to be convincing about which is right or wrong - I don’t care about it either way. There is a worrying number of people with malicious intent teaching their own version of the holy book in a worrying amount of places - there’s even been a couple of faith schools in Leicester that have been threatened with closure for “failing to prepare the children for life in 21st Britain”. In Birmingham we have people protesting against schools teaching their children that homosexuality exists, with some quite shocking views - one claimed that it was only legal, just not moral. Lovely people. 

Worse, you close your own mind off to any possibility of understanding their point, which could either embolden your own stance or shift it in the other direction. The answer to “hate” speech isn’t less speech, it’s better speech. See Megan Pehlps Roper’s TEDTalk for a living example of my point. 

The bit after the bit you highlighted said: “I genuinely don’t go out to offend anyone, but that sometimes tends to be the collateral damage”. All I did was write what I wrote. You’re the one who took issue with it. That’s not my fault. You could have either just ignored it. I honestly don’t have any beef with anyone on here and I never intend to. I just come on here talk about Leicester City, check on Sheppy’s health during the transfer windows, help FIF go over his posting limit, chat about the news and try and make people laugh. I’m not sorry for what I said, nor for offending anyone. I am sorry that you can’t seem to move past it; offending someone is not my intent especially when I say something fairly innocuous. 

Peace

Advocating freedom to offend is fine, as long as you don't expect to do so with impunity; if you want the right to offend, you have to grant the right to be offended and understand that your giving offence may elicit consequences.

You have the right to call Tyson Fury's mother a whore, but don't go crying to momma when he busts you up for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Smashing comments and i agree totally .. +1 move up on a rune on Suzie's FT ladder of posters ... :schmike:

Noooo!

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Two questions: how high am I now, and who did I displace?!

tenor.gif.a42a4a8bb53476a2b988d47e65bca73e.gif

Don't tell him Suzie.

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You are defo looking at breaking the top 6 this season that’s for sure x 

Ha! Still top of the league, I'm FIF, I'm top of the league.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Noooo!

Don't tell him Suzie.

Ha! Still top of the league, I'm FIF, I'm top of the league.

I forget who, but someone's signature has you top of their league of idiots... lol

I remember now @FIF - it’s The People’s Hero. 

Edited by Buce

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

I forget who, but someone's signature has you top of their league of idiots... lol

Must be someone I have on ignore. 

The idiot league....is upside down ....the idiot league is upside down.

Jeremy Hunt: I would tell bust businesses no-deal Brexit was worth it

Tory hopeful ramps up rhetoric on EU exit and says he is most likely to make it happen

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/30/jeremy-hunt-i-would-tell-bust-businesses-no-deal-brexit-was-worth-it

So, there we have it.

The Tories don't care if the Irish start killing each other again; they don't care about the Union; they don't care about the economy; they don't care about businesses going bust and people losing their jobs; they don't care about how abjectly we have to debase ourselves to get someone, anyone, to give us a trade deal  - just as long as a hard Brexit happens.

These people are fvcking insane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Jeremy Hunt: I would tell bust businesses no-deal Brexit was worth it

Tory hopeful ramps up rhetoric on EU exit and says he is most likely to make it happen

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/30/jeremy-hunt-i-would-tell-bust-businesses-no-deal-brexit-was-worth-it

So, there we have it.

The Tories don't care if the Irish start killing each other again; they don't care about the Union; they don't care about the economy; they don't care about businesses going bust and people losing their jobs; they don't care about how abjectly we have to debase ourselves to get someone, anyone, to give us a trade deal  - just as long as a hard Brexit happens.

These people are fvcking insane.

And people will still agree with it, because its "the will of the people".

• Like 1