Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Why on earth would this come as even remotely a surprise? Don't you remember a few years back where one MP telling people to fill a jerry can or two of petrol ended up causing a UK wide petrol crisis? When if he hadn't have said anything, nobody would have even noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Use your noggin ffs.

Time to panic :frantics:

The end of the world is coming, the racists have won :surrender:

22 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just thought I'd return the favour:

Goes into detail with regards to the Cambridge pub incident and trial, the doorstepping accusations (starting at 12:00), adding background that the media failed to mention.

I'm not forcing anyone to watch it. Just like the fact that it's a decent chat between two grown-ups - both with UKIP ties, mind.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m not against a second referendum, I am against one that would include Mays deal vs Remain. As both options are unappealing. I think if the public has the opportunity to decide the fate of brexit, all the options should be on the table.

Surely the only concrete “on the table” options are May’s deal, no deal, and remain.

Put all three options on the ballot paper and get people to number them 1 to 3 in order of preference. Redistribute the votes of the lowest polling first choice based on their second preference to get the final decision. In this way you end up with something everyone can live with that is based in the real world, not some deluded fantasy.

Many elections are done in the way, it’s got a name, single transferable vote or something.

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Surely the only concrete “on the table” options are May’s deal, no deal, and remain.

Put all three options on the ballot paper and get people to number them 1 to 3 in order of preference. Redistribute the votes of the lowest polling first choice based on their second preference to get the final decision. In this way you end up with something everyone can live with that is based in the real world, not some deluded fantasy.

Many elections are done in the way, it’s got a name, single transferable vote or something.

I preferred benjis idea, I reckon it's less risky for leave voters. lol

However it's done, I still think all options should be on the table.

Mays deal is only the withdrawal agreement, whereas some might want a say on the future agreement, especially if it means being part of any of the EUs institutions. 

Guest MattP

FFS lol

Imagine what the Iranian women who are going to prison to rip off the headscarf they are forced to wear think of that.

Next time someone shoots up a Synagogue I'm going for a circumcision.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

FFS lol

Imagine what the Iranian women who are going to prison to rip off the headscarf they are forced to wear think of that.

Next time someone shoots up a Synagogue I'm going for a circumcision.

Headscarf says no.

NZ-PM-600x338.jpg

4 hours ago, MattP said:

It's not the same thing no - had we voted Remain we would never have known all the financial forecasts were just scare stories. Cameron and Osborne would have smugly gone back to work and declared themselves heroes etc 

If Brexit goes tits up it will up to people to decide who to blame - I get the feeling Theresa May will be the one who takes the flak but there might be as much fire on parliament as a whole. Who knows? In hindsight it was ridiculous not to put a Brexiteer candidate in charge of it. Boris legged it but Leadsom, Gove and Fox all wanted the gig.

Certainly agree on most of what you have said though, certainly about forgetting our own lies and pointing at others.

See this is the problem with Brexit. The decision is irreversible. It won’t matter who is to blame. It is the biggest constitutional change, probably ever. Certainly bigger than the original decision to enter the Common Market.

It isn’t like a General Election where if the electorate decides the clowns they voted for aren’t any good they can change them next time around. This is jumping off a cliff edge into the unknown, and all decided by a simple majority after a campaign of lies, delusions and issues like the Irish border that seemingly were hardly discussed.

Why on earth is at least seeking ratification of concrete options rather than fantasies so unreasonable?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattP said:

We have a referendum on this with the highest turnout ever - with the biggest mandate ever, that's not going to overturned by a petition.

They had a chance to put it to the people again, it got a measly 84 votes in parliament that made May's deal look impressive.

The EU is only offering us an extension until May 22nd - even if there was now a majority in parliament for things you want it doesn't appear we can do it. 

If they didn't want to choose between a deal and no deal they should never have invoked article 50, but they did.

You sound like a used car salesman, who having conned you into signing to buy, tells you it’s too late now, you’ve signed up, tough luck.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

@MC Prussian just leave the topic of Robinson alone and save yourself some face. Just let it go.

Sorry, mate. Not going to happen.

Because Freedom of Speech.

What's it like in Algeria, I wonder? Hmm...

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20171019-algeria-fails-on-human-rights-and-freedom-of-expression-says-eu/

Thank you and goodnight.

Edited by MC Prussian

35 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Just thought I'd return the favour:

Goes into detail with regards to the Cambridge pub incident and trial, the doorstepping accusations (starting at 12:00), adding background that the media failed to mention.

I'm not forcing anyone to watch it. Just like the fact that it's a decent chat between two grown-ups - both with UKIP ties, mind.

To put it bluntly that interview's basically a long chat about 'Tommy' experiencing the consequences of his actions with a few lies thrown in for good measure (ie. he says he got kicked out of Cambridge... he got asked to leave a pub but that doesn't make him sound as heroic or victimised).   

The fact that it's Carl Benjamin doing the interview (and shameless fluffing) should be another red flag for you. I used to keep a close eye on the guy because he said some good things during gamergate and I liked how he went on to challenge the broader issue of identity politics.  Unfortunately he's also horribly Islamophobic and he played a big part in supporting Tommy's actions in the contempt of court case.

So now you have his actions and his bedfellows to judge him by.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Sorry, mate. Not going to happen.

Because Freedom of Speech.

What's it like in Algeria, I wonder? Hmm...

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20171019-algeria-fails-on-human-rights-and-freedom-of-expression-says-eu/

Thank you and goodnight.

I'm nothing if not a fair man and you choose to not heed my warning! You are forcing my hand here, MC. I rather not dig up your older views regarding Muslims.

Thanks for wishing me a good night and for the last time, drop it. I'm starting to consider using my freedom of speech.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Okay that might be the choice Cameron made but by criticising it you are implicitly saying the people shouldn't have got a say on the country's relationship with the EU? Do you believe the people shouldn't have had a say and if so why? 

There was no overwhelming public desire for Brexit, UKIP we’re still a fringe party and despite plenty of opportunities to vote for them they did not win enough votes to suggest a serious amount of support. Even in MEP elections they gained 27.5% in their best results.

That is not enough to suggest a majority of people wanted their say on EU membership. They had plenty of opportunities but didn’t take them. 

The fact the referendum was won shows what what a good job at whipping up feelings that previously weren’t there. Lies on both side caused a fractured and polarised debate. It tapped into a frustrated and disenfranchised electorate. 

I’m not saying it is wrong to ask the people, but ask them a meaningful question and not gamble the prosperity of the country on an ill thought out referendum with no contingency plan should the result not go their way. There is a greater will now to remain than there was to leave in 2015, that should be enough to trigger a meaningful second referendum based on fact not fiction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

To put it bluntly that interview's basically a long chat about 'Tommy' experiencing the consequences of his actions with a few lies thrown in for good measure (ie. he says he got kicked out of Cambridge... he got asked to leave a pub but that doesn't make him sound as heroic or victimised).   

The fact that it's Carl Benjamin doing the interview (and shameless fluffing) should be another red flag for you. I used to keep a close eye on the guy because he said some good things during gamergate and I liked how he went on to challenge the broader issue of identity politics.  Unfortunately he's also horribly Islamophobic and he played a big part in supporting Tommy's actions in the contempt of court case.

So now you have his actions and his bedfellows to judge him by.

Well, if it was only about having to leave the pub, why was he still followed by several policemen for a while outside? The police force on location was excessive. He was essentially kicked out of Cambridge, I'm not entirely sure what's wrong about that.

But one of the police officers can be heard telling Robinson: "Because of the lessons we've learnt in the past, we know that if certain groups stay within the city then they cause violence."

As for the Benjamin interview, wouldn't you say the background Robinson provides on Mike Stuchbery makes the story the way it is portrayed in the media a bit one-sided?

Or is everything Robinson says about Stuchbery a lie? Like I said before, I certainly don't endorse doorstepping (or doxing for that matter), but a bit of context never hurts. TR admits himself it was a foolish move and that he shouldn't have done it, as it just provides more fodder for the press and the people who despise him.

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

I'm nothing if not a fair man and you choose to not heed my warning! You are forcing my hand here, MC. I rather not dig up your older views regarding Muslims.

Thanks for wishing me a good night and for the last time, drop it. I'm starting to considered using my freedom of speech.

You are in no position to warn me, as I am in no position to warn you.

I'd like to point out that your post borders on the verge of intimidation.

As an advice: Careful now.

Edited by MC Prussian