Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

21 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Weird how employment levels are at record highs yet poverty levels are also at record highs. The amount of children in poverty is a national disgrace as is the amount of people in work but still needing food banks and benefits. 

These stats are a Tory wet dream though as it shows lots of people desperately working while not being paid a lot and corporate wages subsidised by the tax payer. What a great deal for employers. A shit deal for tax payers and workers.

If these numbers are real and knowing what the living costs are in the UK, especially in the big cities, then I wonder why anyone's even bothered to still go to work in the first place:

https://www.findcourses.co.uk/inspiration/articles/average-salary-uk-2018-14105

As for poverty in the UK, the percentage has remained rather stable for the past 20 years or so - roughly 21 to 22%:

https://www.jrf.org.uk/data

So that encompasses both the Labour rule under Blair and Brown, as well as Cameron and May. You could thus argue that poverty knows no particular political affiliation.

• Like 2

May’s moment tonight is shows exactly how utterly useless and devoid of leadership she has been. She needs to win MPs over so she stands up in front of the nation and attacks parliament and MPs for not making a decision. Particularly galling given she spent most of the last 2 years refusing to make a decision. But they’ve made a decision not to take your WA, so find another way or let someone else ffs. Who is advising her on strategy? 

Edited by Kopfkino

12 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

Tommy Robinson Yaxley Lennon is an absolute shittard and so are his braindead hate filled followers.

Watch his interview with Brittany Pettibone and tell me you don't feel for the guy after what he had to go through. He lays it all out, including the accusations against him and treatment by the police and Scotland Yard.

There are parts during the interview where he seriously battles with his tears. His tale should be a cautionary one.

Also, branding all his followers as "braindead" and "hate-filled" says more about you than it does about Robinson and/or his followers.

Unless you're actually trying to distinguish between some of his followers who may be "braindead" and "hate-filled" and a vast majority who are just as level-headed and soft-spoken as he does come across in his interviews and speeches (unless provoked by authorities and certain individuals).

This is by no means a defense of his - I don't live in the UK, I'm simply looking from the outside in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If these numbers are real and knowing what the living costs are in the UK, especially in the big cities, then I wonder why anyone's even bothered to still go to work in the first place:

https://www.findcourses.co.uk/inspiration/articles/average-salary-uk-2018-14105

As for poverty in the UK, the percentage has remained rather stable for the past 20 years or so - roughly 21 to 22%:

https://www.jrf.org.uk/data

So that encompasses both the Labour rule under Blair and Brown, as well as Cameron and May. You could thus argue that poverty knows no particular political affiliation.

Depends how you define poverty. That graph seemed to show the percentage of households with below average income if I understood it correctly. Not really the same thing. Poverty to me is if you don’t have enough to cover even basic needs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Watch his interview with Brittany Pettibone and tell me you don't feel for the guy after what he had to go through. He lays it all out, including the accusations against him and treatment by the police and Scotland Yard.

There are parts during the interview where he seriously battles with his tears. His tale should be a cautionary one.

Also, branding all his followers as "braindead" and "hate-filled" says more about you than it does about Robinson and/or his followers.

Unless you're actually trying to distinguish between some of his followers who may be "braindead" and "hate-filled" and a vast majority who are just as level-headed and soft-spoken as he does come across in his interviews and speeches (unless provoked by authorities and certain individuals).

This is by no means a defense of his - I don't live in the UK, I'm simply looking from the outside in.

Are you sure it's not a defence because it sounds like one.  He gives a good gab, that's how he has so many followers, but he also gives a good doorstep intimidation mob if you aren't on his side.  Don't be tricked by the cvnt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Nobody should be "kicked out of British cities" for holding or expressing opinions in a peaceful, legal way. Inciting violence or promoting illegal organisations is different - but not applicable here.

Nor do I think that his views should be silenced (so long as they remain legal) in society or on TV. They should just be challenged.

As I understand it, he was issued with a dispersal order to leave the pub, but chose to leave the city?

Was the dispersal order justified? The PC claimed not to know about his politics, only to have intelligence that Tommy Robinson - who took his Robinson alibi from a legendary Luton football hooligan - had a history of football hooliganism and was standing with other known hooligan "risks" in a pub full of Luton fans in Cambridge after a Cambridge v. Luton match. The PC might have been sufficiently thick not to know about Robinson's politics. Alternatively, he might have been lying - he might have moved him on as he thought that his political profile would cause trouble between those supporting and opposing his anti-Islamic, Far Right views. Frankly, a PC being thick or lying or trampling on democratic rights would hardly be a first! lol

I think you're being naive if you see Robinson as a reformed character, Prussian. He's a former member of the BNP, former leader of the EDL and now an adviser to the new Far Right manifestation of UKIP - his appointment caused Farage to resign; too extreme for Nigel, apparently. He has also been prosecuted for contempt of court in relation to Muslim child abuse gangs, nearly causing them to get off on a technicality due to his "online journalism". As far as I'm aware, he's only shown interest in Muslim child abuse, not child abuse by anyone else. It is credible to allege that the bloke is a vile extremist racist cvnt......but that he's just cunning about it.

Let's face it, he was onto a win-win situation with this case. If he had won, he'd have promoted it as a great victory for the people over the liberal elite establishment (though when the police became liberals, I'm not sure! lol). As he lost, he can portray himself as a victim of said elite so as to rally populist sentiment behind the idea of the "reasonable common man" being oppressed by the politically-correct, anti-democratic liberal elite establishment. I'm sure even Hitler would claim not to be a bigot if he was around today - people tend to do that, even if they are dangerous bigots!

Again, I like to refer to Robinson's Pettibone interview.

All the attributes given to him emphasize "former" - former member of the BNP, former leader of the EDL. Why this constant regurgitation? Seems to be the way of wording it in order to create a certain effect.

So, the media apparently acknowledge his change of heart. Why the constant highlighting of his past? Other politicians swap parties, as well. It's not out of the ordinary - the list is sheer endless:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_politicians_who_have_crossed_the_floor

As for the Cambridge Pub incident, you can clearly see him wearing a light outfit (flip-flops even) in his cell phone video, he was out with his wife and kids. Surely indicators that the "hooligan" argument doesn't hold up to the truth? Why would you bring your family with you if you were out for picking fights? Makes no sense. To me, the police intervention occurred under a pretense.

I see the UKIP development with interest, I wonder whether the right-wing tendencies will continue. Maybe the whole Farage affair is blown out of proportion, with Farage sick of not being in the limelight any longer? He is also cited as opposing Batten's role in UKIP, so there's more to it than just Robinson. Sadly, I think in these troubled political times, people search support in groups and are easily gullible, following extremist causes more easily - that accounts for both sides of the political aisle. Why are we letting it come to this? Where are reason and personal tolerance in terms of discussion abilities?

And to top it off, you bring Hitler into the equation at the very end. Congrats. lol A move that kills all remaining rationale in the discussion. It's just as dumb as leftist Americans and American media putting Trump and that dead Austrian nutjob on the same pedestal. Cringeworthy. Please stop.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Level-headed and soft-spoken lol

Good grief. 

Thank you for leaving out "(unless provoked by authorities and certain individuals)". :appl:

Go and watch that interview - you might learn something.

#nottryingtobecondescending

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

But you're definitely not defending the guy?  Good grief lol

Who says I'm defending him or that he needs to be defended? He's pretty good at that himself. lol

I believe that it's better to be open for input from both sides of the political spectrum than condemning others for their political beliefs for the sake of it.

I have no clue how many people actually watch and listen to the guy and make their own mind up compared to the amount of people following hearsay, groupthink and media reports.

I find the political development worldwide at present both fascinating and terrifying.

Just my two cents.

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Thank you for leaving out "(unless provoked by authorities and certain individuals)". :appl:

Go and watch that interview - you might learn something.

#nottryingtobecondescending

And how are you adjudicating on these instances of provocation?

Were you there for all of them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

And how are you adjudicating on these instances of provocation?

Were you there for all of them?

I'm well-aware that he's not that squeaky-clean.

The way he ended up in prison due to a dodgy mortgage issue in his family circle and what spiral it set in motion was an interesting tale - has anything he said about the arrests, the reasons behind them, the timeline(s) and his treatment at the prisons ever been disproven by the media?

The doorstepping at the historian's house was over-the-top and unnecessary, as were the subsequent allusions of mob intervention by Robinson's "pals".

The holiday video with him in drunken stupor is pretty shambolic.

The Syrian refugee boy story is sick (if the allegations are true).

In parts, you can blame mob rule on Social Media - and Social Media. Both leftist and right-wing extremists gauge the masses that way, or at least try to do so. It's uncanny.

In my own defense, I don't follow English politics on a daily basis, so I do miss out on many things.

Thanks to @Carl the Llama for the heads-up.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

SO, as things stand, we have a Prime Minister who is more reliably defeatable than the Daleks and a Leader of the Opposition who is happy to meet with Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA but storms out of rooms because of the black guy in it.

How do I claim political asylum Botswana?

Edited by urban.spaceman

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Who says I'm defending him or that he needs to be defended? He's pretty good at that himself. lol

I believe that it's better to be open for input from both sides of the political spectrum than condemning others for their political beliefs for the sake of it.

I have no clue how many people actually watch and listen to the guy and make their own mind up compared to the amount of people following hearsay, groupthink and media reports.

I find the political development worldwide at present both fascinating and terrifying.

Just my two cents.

Anybody who resorts to brute intimidation tactics, no matter their politics, forfeits the right to being listened to because they're clearly incapable of honest, open-minded conversation.  That event happened this year. The man's not changed, he's just become better at using media to his advantage.  You are right about the political landscape though, the fact that your experiences of him led you to think he's a nice guy is proof of how terrifying it is and you're far from the first person to be duped.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anybody who resorts to brute intimidation tactics, no matter their politics, forfeits the right to being listened to because they're clearly incapable of honest, open-minded conversation.  That event happened this year. The man's not changed, he's just become better at using media to his advantage.  You are right about the political landscape though, the fact that your experiences of him led you to think he's a nice guy is proof of how terrifying it is and you're far from the first person to be duped.

The event was pretty recent, just earlier this month. And not on my map as of yet. So, it remains to be seen whether this marks a point of a return to his old self, before he claimed to have been "reformed". Maybe the whole UKIP advisory role has given him a fatally wrong impression and a distorted view of his own importance in the grand scheme of things, who knows?

I never said he's a "nice guy", as I mentioned I'm well aware of his criminal and controversial past.

The whole thing of him using media at his advantage could also be seen from the viewpoint of "fighting fire with fire". He's definitely got a temper that shines through from time to time these days, but is trying to manage it as good as it gets.

temper

noun
 UK     /ˈtem.pər/ US     /ˈtem.pɚ/

B2 [ C often singular ] the tendency to become angry very quickly:

She has a real temper.
He's got a really bad temper.
lose your temper

B2 to suddenly become angry:

The Muslims behaved so badly that I lost my temper.
keep your temper

C2 to succeed in staying calm and not becoming angry:

I found it hard to keep my temper with so many things going wrong.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The event was pretty recent, just earlier this month. And not on my map as of yet. So, it remains to be seen whether this marks a point of a return to his old self, before he claimed to have been "reformed". Maybe the whole UKIP advisory role has given him a fatally wrong impression and a distorted view of his own importance in the grand scheme of things, who knows?

I never said he's a "nice guy", as I mentioned I'm well aware of his criminal and controversial past.

The whole thing of him using media at his advantage could also be seen from the viewpoint of "fighting fire with fire". He's definitely got a temper that shines through from time to time these days, but is trying to manage it as good as it gets.

I'm sorry but if you want a man who's thoughtful and soft-spoken, in many ways controversial, but wrongfully maligned by mainstream media as a hate figure then you're thinking of Jordan Peterson.

Yaxley-Lennon is just a vindictive, racist cvnt who uses well-placed soundbites to prey on people's ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm sorry but if you want a man who's thoughtful and soft-spoken, in many ways controversial, but wrongfully maligned by mainstream media as a hate figure then you're thinking of Jordan Peterson.

Find the guy an interesting listen but can't watch him for more than half an hour before feeling sleepy. 

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

1) no i dont feel sorry for him in any way i think he is a hate preaching goon

2) it doesnt say more about me than them, as i am not a hate preaching goon and people who follow him largely are.

Tommy robinson yaxley lennon twatsford is soft spoken and level headed? Go and have a lie down and stop looking from the outside in.

• Like 1