Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, if it was only about having to leave the pub, why was he still followed by several policemen for a while outside? The police force on location was excessive. He was essentially kicked out of Cambridge, I'm not entirely sure what's wrong about that.

As for the Benjamin interview, wouldn't you say the background Robinson provides on Mike Stuchbery makes the story the way it is portrayed in the media a bit one-sided?

Or is everything Robinson says about Stuchbery a lie? Like I said before, I certainly don't endorse doorstepping (or doxing for that matter), but a bit of context never hurts. TR admits himself it was a foolish move and that he shouldn't have done it, as it just provides more fodder for the press and the people who despise him.

You are right that the stuff about Stuchberry was largely overlooked by the media and having dug through his twitter it's clear he's an absolute piece of work so I'm not going to give any defence to his words and deeds either.  That doesn't change the fact that Tommy Robinson spreads hate, uses thug tactics and frequently gets involved in violent altercations.  He must just be a very unlucky peace-loving family man.

• Like 1

You are in no position to warn me, as I am in no position to warn you.

Fair enough.

I'd like to point out that your post borders on the verge of intimidation.

Did you see my post as intimidation? I don't know you. But time after time you choose to keep on the same topic. You had 24 hours to leave the topic alone but you choose not to even though others in the argument stepped down.

we had a talk about your post regarding Sunni muslims. Hopefully you remember now.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

As an advice: Careful now

Hhmmm.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Fair enough.

Did you see my post as intimidation? I don't know you. But time after time you choose to keep on the same topic. You had 24 hours to leave the topic alone but you choose not to even though others in the argument stepped down.

we had a talk about your post regarding Sunni muslims. Hopefully you remember now.

Hhmmm.

I need a reference with regards to the 24h thing, I suppose you're talking about my post where I mention the Sunni vs. Shia conflict?

If you have the time and interest, feel free to dig it out. You can also PM me in that matter, as I think it'd otherwise derail this thread forever. lol

I'm all up for a proper discussion, mind.

When I talk about giving you "advice", I mean you ought to think about how you articulate yourself on an English messageboard, because just by looking at your previous post, one could indeed come to the conclusion that you are trying to intimidate people for simply bringing up Tommy Robinson, which is rather laughable. I can discuss this matter as much as I want, as long as I don't incite violence or hatred (which, given my previous posting history and the people who know me, is not my cup of tea at all).

In any case, your argument is poorly formulated.

I'm pretty sure I've read and heard more about the guy than you have, so I claim an advantage.

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You are right that the stuff about Stuchberry was largely overlooked by the media and having dug through his twitter it's clear he's an absolute piece of work so I'm not going to give any defence to his words and deeds either.  That doesn't change the fact that Tommy Robinson spreads hate, uses thug tactics and frequently gets involved in violent altercations.  He must just be a very unlucky peace-loving family man.

Well, I think from a Western perspective, given the Age of Enlightenment and whatnot, you can be critical of Islam without attacking Muslims, although you could claim that by questioning Islam you are as a consequence technically questioning all Muslims (that's me going out on a limb here).

Since he's left the EDL, where has TR spread hate exactly and against whom? Not trying to be facetious, just curious.

As for the amount of "violent altercations" he's been involved in, how many of those were initiated/orchestrated by himself or his followers and how many were reactions to provocations aimed at his person, or rather, persona?

Listen, this is by no means a defense of the guy, I just think the British media have a rather dubious way of dealing with him and I'd question their motives.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, I think from a Western perspective, given the Age of Enlightenment and whatnot, you can be critical of Islam without attacking Muslims, although you could claim that by questioning Islam you are as a consequence technically questioning all Muslims (that's me going out on a limb here).

Since he's left the EDL, where has TR spread hate exactly and against whom? Not trying to be facetious, just curious.

As for the amount of "violent altercations" he's been involved in, how many of those were initiated/orchestrated by himself or his followers and how many were reactions to provocations aimed at his person, or rather, persona?

Listen, this is by no means a defense of the guy, I just think the British media have a rather dubious way of dealing with him and I'd question their motives.

The media are no doubt shit at their jobs a lot of the time but that's a different issue which exists alongside and shouldn't be used to obfuscate his unsavoury motives.  

Edited by Carl the Llama

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

When I talk about giving you "advice", I mean you ought to think about how you articulate yourself on an English messageboard, because just by looking at your previous post, one could indeed come to the conclusion that you are trying to intimidate people for simply bringing up Tommy Robinson,

Let's start here (this thread is titled " also in the news" so I don't think we are derailing anything).

I'm gonna brush this "you ought to think about how you articulate yourself on an English messageboard," aside. I'm not a savage nor am i from a rural place standing in the presence of the emperor. (Funny enough, we had a talk about the condescending tone you used in regards to the part about posting in an English forum).

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

need a reference with regards to the 24h thing, I suppose you're talking about my post where I mention the Sunni vs. Shia conflict?

If you have the time and interest, feel free to dig it out.

Ask and you shall receive.

Screenshot_2018-08-13-12-18-10.thumb.png.f8788b76209b0ebe5ef7e7161523669e.png

The post speaks for itself.

• Like 1

I've gotten a bit lost in the midst of everything - what are the reasons that Brexiteers oppose May's deal, and it is not getting through Parliament? I am aware that the backstop has no option for unilateral withdrawal, and that forms a large part of the opposition - I would be pretty confident that the EU would not keep us trapped in the backstop in perpetuity and it's worth having that trust rather than the absolute gridlock alternative we face. Other than the lack of a unilateral withdrawal mechanism and the fact it means we will leave the EU, are there any other significant objections to her deal? 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Let's start here (this thread is titled " also in the news" so I don't think we are derailing anything).

I'm gonna brush this "you ought to think about how you articulate yourself on an English messageboard," aside. I'm not a savage nor am i from a rural place standing in the presence of the emperor. (Funny enough, we had a talk about the condescending tone you used in regards to the part about posting in an English forum).

Ask and you shall receive.

Screenshot_2018-08-13-12-18-10.thumb.png.f8788b76209b0ebe5ef7e7161523669e.png

The post speaks for itself.

Yep, that's the one.

Given our club's online history with Algerian football fans during the Mahrez era, it's fair to say you'll find a lot who share(d) my sentiment.

The thumbs up speak for themselves.

If I remember correctly, you got confused there with your interpretation of that user feedback. From what I gather, people felt the same with regards to the football fan invasion on Social Media (and here to some extent). I personally don't miss your fellow countrymen. They were irritating and cultish.

And for anyone interested in the Sunni vs. Shia conflict, read up on history.

ISIS? Sunni.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Shias_by_ISIL

The majority of deadly Islamic terror in the past few years and decades? Sunni.

... while employing similar tactics and methods, Shi’a terrorist groups have shown a much greater propensity to kidnap innocents to barter, while Sunni extremists more frequently abduct to kill.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/sunni-and-shi-a-terrorism-differences-that-matter/

Feel free to prove me wrong, I'm up for a debate. But in that case, I'd suggest another thread.

"This group of terrorists are less kind than the other group terrorists" you see how crazy that sounds, @MC Prussian?

The majority victims of terrorism are Muslims, you get that part, right? No one is more affected than Muslims (specifically Sunni Muslims). 

You seem to have the wrong impression

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Given our club's online history with Algerian football fans during the Mahrez era, it's fair to say you'll find a lot who share(d) my sentiment

Did that warrant the use of "plague"? You specifically made points to show obvious xenophobia. You had no problem generalizing more than 1 billion person and categories them in a group that the media portray as aggressive, less intelligent, not levelheaded, and stupid to the point of not being capable of engaging in a serious discussion.

I hope you realize the absurdity of the way of thinking that you seem to follow. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

"This group of terrorists are less kind than the other group terrorists" you see how crazy that sounds, @MC Prussian?

The majority victims of terrorism are Muslims, you get that part, right? No one is more affected than Muslims (specifically Sunni Muslims). 

You seem to have the wrong impression

Did that warrant the use of "plague"? You specifically made points to show obvious xenophobia. You had no problem generalizing more than 1 billion person and categories them in a group that the media portray as aggressive, less intelligent, not levelheaded, and stupid to the point of not being capable of engaging in a serious discussion.

I hope you realize the absurdity of the way of thinking that you seem to follow. 

Put it this way:

If I were ever faced with the decision of either being able to be bribed out of a terrorist cell having being kidnapped beforehand or just being killed by one without any further ado because of no regard for human life, which one would I prefer? Hmm...

(Look, this is pretty hypothetical and sick in a way as a scenario, but nothing about terrorism is healthy, anyway)

So, yes - there are levels of terrorism. And the Brookings institute - quite liberal, I might add - points out that there's nuance.

Nothing crazy about it if you look at it from a rational point of view.

You do realize that I refer to the "Mahrez Cult" as the Algerian plague? It's right there, in my original post.

Context is everything, and you either aren't good at understanding English fully or you're obfuscating on purpose.

Your claim of me being "xenophobic" is thus laughable. Again, I refer to my previous posting history and the people who know me best.

You talk about absurdity? Think again, read it all again and maybe take a look in a mirror.

You're welcome.

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If I were ever faced with the decision of either being able to be bribed out of a terrorist cell having being kidnapped beforehand or just being killed by one without any further ado because of no regard for human life, which one would I prefer?

And that = Sunni's are the ones advocating for killing people. Those are called terrorists for a reason and despised by all Muslims.

I don't wish neither situation on anyone. Plus, me and other Sunni's are far more likely to face that situation. Just have a read on the 90's in Algeria.

Nothing crazy about it if you look at it from a rational point of view.

The more I read the more upset I get because it seems that you already made up your mind on the topic.

You do realize that I refer to the "Mahrez Cult" as the Algerian plague? It's right there, in my original post.

Context is everything, 

You made it a Sunni's vs Shi'a point and now I'm the one misreading things?

and you either aren't good at understanding English fully or you're obfuscating on purpose.

There goes the condescending tone again.

I've already acted in a much nicer way than i should even in my PM because I thought that you were open to changing your mind but alas, you are set on your misinformed opinion.

You know what? do what ever makes you feel better. Just make sure to point out you opinions about Muslims before defending Robinson. 

Edited by the fox

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, if it was only about having to leave the pub, why was he still followed by several policemen for a while outside? The police force on location was excessive. He was essentially kicked out of Cambridge, I'm not entirely sure what's wrong about that.

As for the Benjamin interview, wouldn't you say the background Robinson provides on Mike Stuchbery makes the story the way it is portrayed in the media a bit one-sided?

Or is everything Robinson says about Stuchbery a lie? Like I said before, I certainly don't endorse doorstepping (or doxing for that matter), but a bit of context never hurts. TR admits himself it was a foolish move and that he shouldn't have done it, as it just provides more fodder for the press and the people who despise him.

Thank you for taking this on, I didn’t know the other side of the argument and was aware of the context at all. Its quite a thought provoking video and stimulates real concern.

Guest MattP

Macron really is being quite strong in his language. 

Given Tusk, Verhofstadt have also said similar things to this, I'm starting to wonder of they've already made the plans for closer integration and are ready to get going with it, knowing that getting rid of us is an essential part of that.

Guest MattP

Just for clarity that doesn't mean I think they'll let us go on no deal - they've given us an extension last night that they didn't want to, the first time in 3 years nearly that the EU have actually blinked in anyway - purely on the basis that we looked like for the first time we might walk away.

What a shame we didn't actually make no deal credible from the start - we might have actually got something half decent. 

Edited by MattP

On a lighter note 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nhs-hospitals-brexit-impact-eu-staff-numbers-trust-services-matt-hancock-a8834061.html

If the NHS is to be sold to the highest bidder post brexit not revealing the harm of brexit seems like a good idea.

Though it does make me wonder why we'd willingly destroy the NHS in the first place. Then I realised it's Tory ideology of course.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just for clarity that doesn't mean I think they'll let us go on no deal - they've given us an extension last night that they didn't want to, the first time in 3 years nearly that the EU have actually blinked in anyway - purely on the basis that we looked like for the first time we might walk away.

What a shame we didn't actually make no deal credible from the start - we might have actually got something half decent. 

This part just makes me so sad that we're leaving regardless of deal or no deal. We've been well and truly stonewalled by a union which has it's members best interests at heart. What do we have now, who is looking after our best interests let alone all of the other stuff which comes with leaving? What a terrible act of national self harm by half a country of people with an inflated sense of Britain's worth on the world stage. We're nothing now. 

If the EU were a Footballer, they'd be Diego Godin at the King Power in 2017. If The UK were a Footballer, they'd be Ade Akinbiyi v Liverpool in 2001-02. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not being biased I'll post benefits of brexit as and when they become known.

But if Vince Cable is right it shows exactly where we are as a nation.

This is what a lot of ardent leavers are saying to be fair. 

"It'll be hard to begin with, but we'll get through just like WW2"

Guest MattP
24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This part just makes me so sad that we're leaving regardless of deal or no deal. We've been well and truly stonewalled by a union which has it's members best interests at heart. What do we have now, who is looking after our best interests let alone all of the other stuff which comes with leaving? What a terrible act of national self harm by half a country of people with an inflated sense of Britain's worth on the world stage. We're nothing now. 

If the EU were a Footballer, they'd be Diego Godin at the King Power in 2017. If The UK were a Footballer, they'd be Ade Akinbiyi v Liverpool in 2001-02. 

"A union that has its members best interest at heart"

Go and say that on the streets of Rome or Athens and see the reaction you get.