Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Puel- Neck out!!

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, Schmeichel is a model professional and his desire to win is evident. He absolutely loves and respects our owners and this club. I am sure he is influential and whether that rubs badly with the manager i'm not sure, but that's the risk that may happen when our owners place so much loyalty, respect and reward to our players who achieved things with us. Not many other clubs have that relationship between owners and players and it has brought the benefits of an unbelievable team spirit but the downside is perhaps they have too much of a voice? Not really the players fault though is it.

Schmeichel had his best season for us the year after we won the title, it was fairly forgettable league position wise and at one point we looked to be going down but he was very good both league and in the CL.

I think we would miss him hugely.

I agree with most of what you've said. Dont get me wrong i think he should rightly go down as our best ever goalkeeper. 

However, this air of arrogance that he has inherited from his father isnt doing him any favours. 

Yes, hes been loyal, yes hes been close to the owners but hes clearly been talking about leaving alot with his dad and by the sounds of it hes only stayed because no one else will have him. Hardly the greatest kind of loyalty.

All im saying is that we are now in a position as a club where we can either bring through Ward or spend 30m+ on a goalkeeper. If Kasper is dictating who stays and goes above him in the way its constantly reported, then id rather we explore new options.

7 hours ago, womp said:

what has morgan done?

what have i missed that he has said or done?

vardy is replaceable.

His name is always mentioned alongside Schmeichel and Vardy when theres this clique rumoured. The amount of times it keeps popping up every time theres dressing room unrest doesnt sit easy with me.

Morgan has to be gone at the end of the season anyway. From a purely playing perspective id rather not watch him next year being outpaced by Andy Carroll. 

I struggle to see how Jamie Vardy is replacable? He's our best ever player. And theres literally no player in world football like him. Let alone one that will come to Leicester.

23 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

By whom? 

We desperately need another striker and to be aware he is coming to the end of his 90mins-every-game life, and if we can find anyone similar then outstanding, but I can’t think of a player outside the top 4 who does anything like what Vardy does. 

theres more than the epl in the world.

why get the same style striker?

inaki Williams, athletico bilboa.

probably cost more though as he is better.

17 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

His name is always mentioned alongside Schmeichel and Vardy when theres this clique rumoured. The amount of times it keeps popping up every time theres dressing room unrest doesnt sit easy with me.

Morgan has to be gone at the end of the season anyway. From a purely playing perspective id rather not watch him next year being outpaced by Andy Carroll. 

I struggle to see how Jamie Vardy is replacable? He's our best ever player. And theres literally no player in world football like him. Let alone one that will come to Leicester.

ok,so nothing then just rumours.

10 hours ago, womp said:

ok,so nothing then just rumours.

You'd have to be incredibly naive to not think players downed tools with Ranieri (as much as he did lose the plot). You cant defend stuff like not running half as much during matches etc. Then the strong rumours were Vardy and Schmeichel were amongst those who had gone to owners.

Then after our owners passing it was unveiled how close they were to him. It doesnt exactly take Poirot to work this one out.

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

For what hes achieved here, he is our best goalkeeper ever imo. Of course this is all subjective.

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

So VERY VERY wrong

Banks....

Shilton

Wallington

others

BANKS ...   RIP ...   by a country mile.   Not even sure how we can even think otherwise.

Kasper ...   maybe third ? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

BANKS ...   RIP ...   by a country mile.   Not even sure how we can even think otherwise.

Kasper ...   maybe third ? 

I said based on what he helped us achieve. 

He was instrumental in winning us the Championship and the Premier League.

With Banks we won a League Cup

15 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

How can opinion be wrong?

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am afraid it can be. Ever seen racists voicing their opinions?

Or in footballing terms, if you suggested that Junior Lewis was a better midfielder than N’golo Kante or that Elvia Hammond was a better finisher than Jamie Vardy or that Josh Low ...... 

You get the drift :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I said based on what he helped us achieve. 

He was instrumental in winning us the Championship and the Premier League.

With Banks we won a League Cup

By that logic though it would mean Shinji is better than Lineker, Ulloa is better than Heskey...... Kasper is up there but not our best ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

By that logic though it would mean Shinji is better than Lineker, Ulloa is better than Heskey...... Kasper is up there but not our best ever.

I said weighing up what they did for us. Id say linekers goal record vs Shinji means he is by far better. Ulloa and Heskey similarly.

Schmiechel has been instrumental in our biggest ever success. That makes him our best ever for me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Or in footballing terms, if you suggested that Junior Lewis was a better midfielder than N’golo Kante or that Elvia Hammond was a better finisher than Jamie Vardy or that Josh Low ...... 

You get the drift :thumbup:

But you wouldnt do that. 

If i have the opinion Schmeichel is our best ever and have valid points for that you cant call me wrong. 

Telling people what they can and cant say is a big bigoted.

47 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

But you wouldnt do that. 

If i have the opinion Schmeichel is our best ever and have valid points for that you cant call me wrong. 

Telling people what they can and cant say is a big bigoted.

You're a game bird Gamble !! ...   I'll give you that ...   and know one is telling you what you can and can't say ..  but regardless of your opinion (and your points aren't valid btw) ...   you are 100% ..

WRONG !      :)

On 11/02/2019 at 19:39, Gamble92 said:

I agree with most of what you've said. Dont get me wrong i think he should rightly go down as our best ever goalkeeper. 

However, this air of arrogance that he has inherited from his father isnt doing him any favours. 

Yes, hes been loyal, yes hes been close to the owners but hes clearly been talking about leaving alot with his dad and by the sounds of it hes only stayed because no one else will have him. Hardly the greatest kind of loyalty.

All im saying is that we are now in a position as a club where we can either bring through Ward or spend 30m+ on a goalkeeper. If Kasper is dictating who stays and goes above him in the way its constantly reported, then id rather we explore new options.

I don't think I agree on any of your points...especially when we have been reminded of certain Gordon Banks this week!!

It's also interesting to know you was invited more times to The Schmeichels dinner-table over recent times...

My girlfriends used to constantly report that I had a big dick...but I can tell you it was certainly only rumours!!

And they did explore other options...I

Why you think he is arrogant,must be the way he carves the Sunday roast....!!!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

ERR Gordon Banks was a world cup winner and Peter Shilton held the record for England caps

None of them are anything to do with Leicester.

What he did for us. Keep us in games, start off our famous counter attacks etc in our greatest ever success makes him our best ever for me. 

Im allowed that opinion as much as anyone else is allowed theirs and i find the bigoted way people are shutting down debate on here to be slightly strange for a forum.