Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ongoing Transfer Chit Chat, rumours etc.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If money is tight come the summer, i'd much rather we went for a capable back up on a free transfer from Europe than splash out many pound notes on competition for Chilwell. Obviously this scouting mission might be due to us fearing a huge bid for Chilwell in the summer but if he stays then i'd rather we saved our transfer budget for a central midfielder and striker.

This is what I thought as well. Is Fuchs 100% off this summer?

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I foresee a whole host of outgoings of older players and one younger big name to go, too. If we let any more than one big name to leave then we’re crazy!

It should be an exciting summer transfer window, out with the old and in with the new, it’s going to be interesting.

To me Chilwell is the must keep - LBs of quality are far rarer than CBs. If Maguire goes, we are already prepared for that (though obviously I want him to stay). I don't think bids will come in for Maddison or anyone else not discussed. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, knitro said:

To me Chilwell is the must keep - LBs of quality are far rarer than CBs. If Maguire goes, we are already prepared for that (though obviously I want him to stay). I don't think bids will come in for Maddison or anyone else not discussed. 

Spot on. I'd rather lose Maguire for 40-50 million than Chilwell for 60-70. And I doubt anyone will seriously come in for Maddison who is not ready for the next step up, or Ricardo when if you want an expensive young RB you may as well go for Wan-Bissaka or one of the talents in Ligue 1.

I'd let them have Gray though :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, FIF said:

You will all be re-writing your historical views about Gray, this time next year.

He is going to be a success.

I hope so, it's time he stepped up and performed. His end product right now both in creating or finishing is not good enough. I think there's the nucleus for a good player, just needs the game intelligence to carry it through.

10 minutes ago, Woodsey1727 said:

We've been saying he will be a success and has potential for years

And yet at 22 he has only made a large number of Premier league appearances for a top half team. Played and won for England U21s and been on the verge of selection for the England senior team. He must be shit.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

And yet at 22 he has only made a large number of Premier league appearances for a top half team. Played and won for England U21s and been on the verge of selection for the England senior team. He must be shit.

Yes I agree that he has done a lot in his short career, he hasn't had a look in for the senior team since his call up, I'm hoping he ends up like Jesse lingard and becomes a quality player as he was a late devolper, but at the moment I can't see an improvement in each game that I see of him

2 hours ago, FIF said:

And he's still failed to nail down a starting spot, still failed to look convincing and most definitely only got an England call up because of a) injuries b) the games being at Leicester and c) his England U21 form against teams about the quality of championship or league one teams at best. His Leicester form wouldn't even get him close to England's first team.

He undoubtedly has talent, but he's failed to harness it at this level so far. The promise of potential can't last forever, eventually it has to start showing otherwise he won't make it here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FIF said:

It's not a case of him being shite. He shows promise but that's all. He's not progressed in the time he's been at the club. 

The simple answer is compare last season to this? No or very little improvement. 

Now Chilwell last season to this? Vast improvement. 

Both called up for the same international Chilly took his chance and made it his own. Gray walked away with the sulks and has done nothing about it. 

He's not a shite player but he is running out of time. He really has to stand up and be counted. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

It's not a case of him being shite. He shows promise but that's all. He's not progressed in the time he's been at the club. 

The simple answer is compare last season to this? No or very little improvement. 

Now Chilwell last season to this? Vast improvement. 

Both called up for the same international Chilly took his chance and made it his own. Gray walked away with the sulks and has done nothing about it. 

He's not a shite player but he is running out of time. He really has to stand up and be counted. 

I understand that I'm perhaps in the minority here but I don't agree that he hasn't improved on last year.  As far as I'm concerned he has stepped up a level. Easily the most skilfull we have dribbling the ball and he has the speed to go with it. Great control too. His decision making is much better but still has a lot more improvement available. His weakness has been putting the ball in the net. I believe that will come and then he will be one of the top strikers in the league. If it doesn't then the many on here will have been in the right.

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

I understand that I'm perhaps in the minority here but I don't agree that he hasn't improved on last year.  As far as I'm concerned he has stepped up a level. Easily the most skilfull we have dribbling the ball and he has the speed to go with it. Great control too. His decision making is much better but still has a lot more improvement available. His weakness has been putting the ball in the net. I believe that will come and then he will be one of the top strikers in the league. If it doesn't then the many on here will have been in the right.

3 goals and 1 assist this season. Last season 3 goals and 2 assists I think, very little difference end product wise. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

3 goals and 1 assist this season. Last season 3 goals and 2 assists I think, very little difference end product wise. 

If that is your way of judging improvement then I won't argue. It's not mine.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

If that is your way of judging improvement then I won't argue. It's not mine.

It's one of the key things I judge improvements on. End product has always been his problem, it still is. For a winger, his lack of assists shows a real problem.

What areas has he improved in?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's one of the key things I judge improvements on. End product has always been his problem, it still is. For a winger, his lack of assists shows a real problem.

What areas has he improved in?

I already listed them and can't be bothered to go around in circles when I'm aware that most people disagree. For me he is an elite dribbler and at speed. I can accept that you and many others don't rate him even though he is so young and talented. Only a couple of months ago people were shitting on Raheem Sterling because he couldn't score - I see many similarities.

For you then Chilwell hasn't improved much either 0 goals 3 assists this year, 0 goals 2 assists last year. :ph34r: and Vardy has fallen off a cliff.