Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ongoing Transfer Chit Chat, rumours etc.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-return-croatia-ahead-2562753

Leicester City have returned to Croatia as they prepare for the summer transfer window.

City have signed striker Andrej Kramaric and centre-back Filip Benkovic from Croatian sides in recent years and the club sent a scout to attend the Adriatic derby between Hajduk Split and Kramaric’s former club Rijeka over the weekend.

The clash, a goalless draw, proved popular with European scouts, with representatives from Liverpool, Everton, Borussia Dortmund, Lille, Napoli, Udinese, Sampdoria, Chievo and Atalanta also present.

The scouts in attendance were likely keeping a close eye on Hajduk’s teenage captain Domagoj Bradaric.

The left-back, a Croatia Under-21 team-mate of City’s Benkovic, only made his first-team breakthrough this season but has quickly risen to prominence and was reportedly the subject of rejected bids from Lille and Ajax in January.

Unfortunately for the 19-year-old, who has two assists in 10 league outings this term, he was substituted with an injury after 55 minutes of Saturday’s match, which took place at Stadion HNK Rijeka, where Ben Chilwell made his competitive England debut last October.

With out-of-contract title-winner Christian Fuchs leaving City this summer, signing a left-back deputy for Chilwell will be among the club’s priorities when the transfer window reopens.

Back up or replacement for Chilwell?

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Dont we have our own young lad that's meant to be well good at left back? Can't he be back up to Chilwell?

Luke Thomas? He's highly rated but not even 18 yet. Ughelumba is 18 I think and is quite good for the U23s but he should really get a loan in before we use him as a backup.

Elder needs selling tbh. 

If hes good enough and we can get this guy for a small sum ie less than 10 million pounds I'd be happy. Maybe loan Ughelumba out for 6 months, get Bradaric acclimatised and playing in cups, then bring Ughelumba back and loan out Bradaric.

• Like 1

If money is tight come the summer, i'd much rather we went for a capable back up on a free transfer from Europe than splash out many pound notes on competition for Chilwell. Obviously this scouting mission might be due to us fearing a huge bid for Chilwell in the summer but if he stays then i'd rather we saved our transfer budget for a central midfielder and striker.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If money is tight come the summer, i'd much rather we went for a capable back up on a free transfer from Europe than splash out many pound notes on competition for Chilwell. Obviously this scouting mission might be due to us fearing a huge bid for Chilwell in the summer but if he stays then i'd rather we saved our transfer budget for a central midfielder and striker.

Not many options on a free transfer tbf.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not many options on a free transfer tbf.

That we know of, but I don't recall many of us being aware of Christian Fuchs availability before he signed for us. Even if we have to target players with only a year left we will save a huge amount of money for essentially a backup player.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looking at Transfermarkt.

Left backs out of contract are Felipe Luis, Baines, Montreal and Frank Fabra. 

I don’t think any of those would want to come here in the first place, let alone as backups.

Jonas Knudsen is desperate to leave a diabolical Ipswich side and contract is up in the summer. He's better than Callum Elder (incidentally on loan at Ipswich) but probably better out there, just an idea on a free transfer. He has been getting a few caps for Denmark in the last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looking at Transfermarkt.

Left backs out of contract are Felipe Luis, Baines, Montreal and Frank Fabra. 

Baines is finished, saw the game he had to cover Digne for due to suspension and he was horrid. Can't comment on the others really, not knowing much about them other than Luis is very good

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not sure he’d be a priority but we did sign an expensive back up goalkeeper so who knows what the clubs planning anymore!

On a side note, is there an useful websites for stats on the Croatian league? Seems to produce a decent crop of players.

Just go on transfermarkt mate. Also Livakovic is the goalkeeper we need from Croatia.

Loads of others at Dinamo too... Dani Olmo, Antonio Marin, all got bags of potential! 

Edited by AjcW

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just go on transfermarkt mate. Also Livakovic is the goalkeeper we need from Croatia.

Loads of others at Dinamo too... Dani Olmo, Antonio Marin, all got bags of potential! 

Good point! From the videos posted in the Olmo thread I’d love to see him signed for us, interesting a spanish player has decided to develop in Croatia rather than Spain.