Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Football Index

12 hours ago, Thommo said:

Buying and selling shares in footballers..similar to the stock exchange..has anyone tried this? signed up tonight bought shares benkovic, mcguire and toulemanns...Oh well!

Hopefully Mcguire and Toulemanns work out well for you.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 2

I've been on it for about 6 weeks, invested £600 and so far made a profit of £80. A couple of Leicester lads have served me well (Ben and Harvey in particular!)

£80 don't sound much, but that's just over 13% growth. Better than any bank account, and I wouldn't class myself as an expert at all!

FI_edited.jpg.c7a8668437339085738112b82b5c73d6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Honestly Carl man, get involved it's so much better than wasting money on accumulators.

Signed up about 3 weeks ago. £100 deposit. So far I've made about 8 quid.

I'm £210 up on my bets for this weekend, know which I prefer lol

But seriously. I've gone into it for a bit of fun. And my portfolio is mainly young players so I know it will take time to make any money. Can't afford to invest in neymar, pogba etc so went with the likes of Barnes, madders, de ligt, zindanes lad etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

How easy is it to get your money out and back into pocket? It's not like Bitcoin and all that guff is it?

Took me 8 hours for withdrawal to be approved and 2 days for it to be in my bank. But if it turns out to be a Ponzi scheme, eventually no money will be withdrawn.

4 hours ago, Benguin said:

If everyone is making money, who is losing? I used it. £200 in £280 out 2 months later so I know it’s legit but I fear this is a Ponzi scheme. 

The ‘value’ of players keeps going up as more people are still joining and putting in their money, driving up all prices.. for now. But what is being traded isn’t actually anything tangible, just “the promise of dividends”.

Eventually it will reach saturation point, and the problems start when people start trying to withdraw more money than new people are putting in.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

The ‘value’ of players keeps going up as more people are still joining and putting in their money, driving up all prices.. for now. But what is being traded isn’t actually anything tangible, just “the promise of dividends”.

Eventually it will reach saturation point, and the problems start when people start trying to withdraw more money than new people are putting in.

That’s what a Ponzi scheme is

• Like 1

On 01/04/2019 at 12:13, Benguin said:

If everyone is making money, who is losing? I used it. £200 in £280 out 2 months later so I know it’s legit but I fear this is a Ponzi scheme. 

Could well be, but I've been on it 14 months  now, made about 600 quid and havent touched my bet365 since I started, (cept to watch European league games) and i used to do the roulette and black jack bollicks, so it's working for me.

There's talk of another one coming out called SportStack, so I'm going see how that looks maybe spread the risk across the two platforms incase one does pop, that Adam Cole guy who owns it could well do a runner, you could get along way with half a billion quid.

3 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Could well be, but I've been on it 14 months  now, made about 600 quid and havent touched my bet365 since I started, (cept to watch European league games) and i used to do the roulette and black jack bollicks, so it's working for me.

There's talk of another one coming out called SportStack, so I'm going see how that looks maybe spread the risk across the two platforms incase one does pop, that Adam Cole guy who owns it could well do a runner, you could get along way with half a billion quid.

I remember how rosey everything was on Full Tilt Poker back in the day and then the Ponzi was discovered. 

Not it saying you can’t make money as I used football index a while back and made £80 with two clicks of a button and a few weeks. My concern is that football index are making a profit and 9 out of ten users are. There is nothing to back up the funds I.e actual stock with value. If everyone’s winning then it screams Ponzi scheme and whether it’s in one week, one month or 5 years, eventually it’ll crash from sale of stocks and new people will lose their money.

It’s about 6 months since I started the thread that @StanSP linked to above. At that point I’d been investing seriously in the index for about 6 months. 

As mentioned in the other thread, I invested £4500 in the first 1/2 year and had £1350 profit. It certainly has slowed down a bit for me since then, but I put it down to me being a pretty horrendous trader, making poor decisions way too often. 

In the last 6 months i’ve invested another £3000 and now have a total profit of £2000. A friend of mine has more than doubled his £5000 investment in 8 months and all he’s done is jump on young players like Sancho, Hudson-Odoi and Rashford.

With these players I’m constantly thinking I’ve missed the boat and then they just keep rising. Some people have literally made 10 times their money on Sancho and CHO in 6 months. It’s unbelievable. 

Its true that the only thing stopping it being a Ponzi scheme is the dividend payouts but there really is so much more mileage in it yet. I think there’s still less than a quarter of a million active users and its growing rapidly. 

They’ve recently given us added in play dividends, a share split and then increased performance buzz and media dividends, all of these freshen things up when it starts to get a bit slow and I’m sure they’ve got a few more tweaks up their sleeves yet. 

It’s very easy to get your money out, I often put in more than I can comfortably afford when I see an opportunity to make a few pounds, sometimes even depositing and then withdrawing in the same day, there’s actually been occasions when the the withdrawal has shown on my account before the deposit! 

If anyone isn’t sure about joining then just take on one of their welcome offers where you can invest up to £500 risk free for a week (I think) if you’re down, or just don’t like it then you’ll get your money back. Can’t really lose. 

They take 2% off every sale, that's where they make their money,

Your "bet" is acually that the player will return dividends over 3 years (3 year hold). Your stakes goes after that if you've not sold the player by then.

We're over 3 years in so i do think they're making some good money like.  I think it may be a case of the people who make money talk about it, if you dont, you dont. Ive got 100 maximillian Phillip that are down 40% ive lost a fair bit there, i was going to put a lot more into him back in September, thank jebus i didn't, also the zlatan rumor at crimbo cost me a good 30 quid, didn't sell them in time and now they're basically worthless.

21 hours ago, JimmyB said:

It’s about 6 months since I started the thread that @StanSP linked to above. At that point I’d been investing seriously in the index for about 6 months. 

As mentioned in the other thread, I invested £4500 in the first 1/2 year and had £1350 profit. It certainly has slowed down a bit for me since then, but I put it down to me being a pretty horrendous trader, making poor decisions way too often. 

In the last 6 months i’ve invested another £3000 and now have a total profit of £2000. A friend of mine has more than doubled his £5000 investment in 8 months and all he’s done is jump on young players like Sancho, Hudson-Odoi and Rashford.

With these players I’m constantly thinking I’ve missed the boat and then they just keep rising. Some people have literally made 10 times their money on Sancho and CHO in 6 months. It’s unbelievable. 

Its true that the only thing stopping it being a Ponzi scheme is the dividend payouts but there really is so much more mileage in it yet. I think there’s still less than a quarter of a million active users and its growing rapidly. 

They’ve recently given us added in play dividends, a share split and then increased performance buzz and media dividends, all of these freshen things up when it starts to get a bit slow and I’m sure they’ve got a few more tweaks up their sleeves yet. 

It’s very easy to get your money out, I often put in more than I can comfortably afford when I see an opportunity to make a few pounds, sometimes even depositing and then withdrawing in the same day, there’s actually been occasions when the the withdrawal has shown on my account before the deposit! 

If anyone isn’t sure about joining then just take on one of their welcome offers where you can invest up to £500 risk free for a week (I think) if you’re down, or just don’t like it then you’ll get your money back. Can’t really lose. 

Jimmy just out of interest is your portfolio full of Vardys and Mahrez's like mine? 

I see pogba at 8quid go to buy and think...but that's like 16 jamie vardy's.

On 03/04/2019 at 17:07, Heskey2011 said:

Jimmy just out of interest is your portfolio full of Vardys and Mahrez's like mine? 

I see pogba at 8quid go to buy and think...but that's like 16 jamie vardy's.

Mahrez has been absolutely ruining me for months, still expect him to come good soon though, whether it be a big performance or spitting his dummy out in the summer I don’t know. 

I made some money from Vardy lately but I’ll sell my shares when they’re not eligible for in play dividends. 

I have lots of Maddison, Barnes and Pereira as I feel they all have the potential to go on to bigger and better things. 

Other than that I hold lots of the top MB and PB players but I’m annoyingly short of young players with lots of hype around them, unfortunately that’s where all the money is being made right now. 

Who’s your top hold?

• Like 1