Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

King Power Horse Racing

12 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Why do you harbour so much hatred towards them having race horses 

Concern is the word , dont be so dramatic we are all big boys and girls on here , I Have seen close up what that sport does do good people and it’s not about money it’s about psychological damage it’s capable of inflicting and the all consuming nature of being involved at the top end or trying to be involved at the top end

9 hours ago, Head Honcho said:

8 wins in 2017

42 wins in 2018

31 wins in 2019

£2,300,000 in prize money in a couple of seasons but the money will be made when their horses go to stud especially those related to Frankel and Shamardal. If King Power can win tomorrow she'll go for the Juddmonte or the Irish Oaks next. Only £40k to have a date with Camelot!

40m at least spent buddy , can you explain to me which horses in particular are more value at stud than when bought ? 

Guest Markyblue
23 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

40m at least spent buddy , can you explain to me which horses in particular are more value at stud than when bought ? 

40m of their money that they can spend anyway they want.

27 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

22 minutes ago, Turtles Head said:

Could you break down the £40m spend? Not doubting you, just curious how they’ve spent so much.

Neither of you know top or the family well enough to appreciate his/their motivations. It’s true that they are unlikely to be as strong  as Kuhn Vichai was but it was clear that yesterday’s scenes and interviews showed how important it was to them that they got a winner at royal ascot.  I guess it’s also about his legacy and a little more closure for them.  A winner at royal ascot was clearly one of vichai’s dreams.....there will certainly be others (group 1 and a classic at the bare min) ......... I wouldn’t expect top to back off supporting king power racing for some time yet ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

They also have some 2 year olds in training which they may target the Guineas and the Derby with next year! They had a 4/1 winner at Haydock last night with a 2 year olds first run. Mystery power it’s called. 

Going forward they may may not have as many horses in training but I think they will carry it on even if it’s smaller scale just to continue Vichai’s dreams/legacy. I love seeing king power colours on a race course. Long may that continue! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Neither of you know top or the family well enough to appreciate his/their motivations. It’s true that they are unlikely to be as strong  as Kuhn Vichai was but it was clear that yesterday’s scenes and interviews showed how important it was to them that they got a winner at royal ascot.  I guess it’s also about his legacy and a little more closure for them.  A winner at royal ascot was clearly one of vichai’s dreams.....there will certainly be others (group 1 and a classic at the bare min) ......... I wouldn’t expect top to back off supporting king power racing for some time yet ....

I just wondered how the money was spent.

How well do you know the family?

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

I'm no expert but entry fees and training costs jockeys etc must be a fair wedge on top of the purchase prices.

We used to say that yacht racing was akin to 'standing in a cold shower tearing up £10 notes'  -this sounds very similar.

We used to say the same about Unicorn Racing but we had many groats so ran with it.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ya it meant a lot to them , I hope they keep having winners and maybe go onto be owner breeders and enjoy the sport that way without it becoming all consuming , I’m told Top isn’t keen it’s the Other brother that’s likely to keep involved in racing 

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

40m of their money that they can spend anyway they want.

Easy go on racing post website and you can add up all the public purchases the private ones the figures are well known in the industry , then count up the be number of horses and its roughly 3000 per month for each one in training say £40,000 a year including vat ..... £40m May actually be an underestimate , BUT its peanuts to them the money doesn’t bother me it’s the intense nature of highend racing that is a concern it’s all consuming and has broken some of the greats, so glad they got that winner yesterday it meant to much to honour Vichai , I’d love if the filly today wins the Italian Oaks and I think she will , she is a cracking bet , and then she can let them start a proper owner breeder set up and hopefully become a hobby and not all consuming 

You wait until they purchase Leicester racecourse and re develop it to be one of the best around, as according to a lot of people thats their plan after the training ground and ground  is complete

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, goose2010 said:

You wait until they purchase Leicester racecourse and re develop it to be one of the best around, as according to a lot of people thats their plan after the training ground and ground  is complete

Would be brilliant for the city, also shows intent to stay around as well. 

34 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

True ! 

Cant believe they paid near £3m for her 

Come on LL .... she was bought as a yearling. She is beautifully bred (assuming frankel turns out to be a decent line). She could do with some ‘black type’ but I guess she will become a brood mare by the time she’s 5 

3 mill looks like a lot when they don’t turn out to be any good on the track but as a mother she could be anything ........