Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

King Power Horse Racing

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

First classic for them today as fox champion won the German 2000 Guineas at cologne. 

Only a group 2 so the elusive group 1 win still eludes them .............

Won't be long, KP Racing has got some seriously talented jockeys and trainers working for them. If they continue to fund the project then long-term King Power Racing will become a huge player in the flat racing scene. 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

First classic for them today as fox champion won the German 2000 Guineas at cologne. 

Only a group 2 so the elusive group 1 win still eludes them .............

Hardly a classic , how many German classic winners can you name , sooner TOP gets out of racing the Better 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Hardly a classic , how many German classic winners can you name , sooner TOP gets out of racing the Better 

what if Top enjoys racing more than football ?

or is that your worry ?

the big money has been spent. - I expect from now on the amounts involved will not be ridiculous and they will have income from prize money and breeding going forward. 

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

It wasn't Top that went into the racing was it. Wasn't it his Brother and his Dad that was the driving force behind it.

Too be fair their strike rate this season is pretty decent.

And although it maybe difficult as an owner to make loads of money from racing, with the amount of fees they will pay trainers etc. They need as many strings to their bow right now incase they do lose the duty free arm.

Plus I guess this gets them into some new circles, that opens up opportunities and new relationships.

I can't see it does them any harm and as I say sure it's not really tops arm of the business so he won't be spending to much time worrying about it.

3 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Think they went into it for the prestige involved and would love to have a winner at Royal Ascot...

Bangkok has been steadily backed for the Derby...obviously highly rated

Bangkok a very nice horse, 16s into 10s now! 

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Bangkok a very nice horse, 16s into 10s now! 

It beat Telecaster on Telecasters first appearance on a racecourse.

Telecaster won the Dante (beat Too Darn Hot).

Too Darn Hot wont be running in the derby. And Sir Dragonet may not.

Three reasons why the price has shortened.

Fancy Bangkok myself and will be keeping it onside. Can't have Telecaster with only a two week gap between Dante and the Derby.

Guest MattP

Sir Dragonet could be anything based on his performance in the Chester Vase - I hope he runs at Epsom instead of going to Chantilly.

23 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Why?

I fear it’s a side show and one that can cause distraction being a big owner is really really time consuming , they have not bought any new horses in 6 months now so I suspect he will race this group and then any they breed but will slowly drop the numbers as they finish up racing