Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

King Power Horse Racing

On 20/05/2019 at 07:44, st albans fox said:

what if Top enjoys racing more than football ?

or is that your worry ?

the big money has been spent. - I expect from now on the amounts involved will not be ridiculous and they will have income from prize money and breeding going forward. 

Well Bec and Vards seem to part of this long term plan....

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I fear it’s a side show and one that can cause distraction being a big owner is really really time consuming , they have not bought any new horses in 6 months now so I suspect he will race this group and then any they breed but will slowly drop the numbers as they finish up racing 

Have to disagree, this is the just the start of King Power Racing. I think you should remember that our owners don’t do things in halves. 

Plus, they’ve got Hannon and Balding amongst many more working for them so I suspect a lot of the work gets delegated out to the trainers. Top is a businessman, just differentiating his investments. Doubt it will be a major distraction away from Leicester city. 

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Have to disagree, this is the just the start of King Power Racing. I think you should remember that our owners don’t do things in halves. 

Plus, they’ve got Hannon and Balding amongst many more working for them so I suspect a lot of the work gets delegated out to the trainers. Top is a businessman, just differentiating his investments. Doubt it will be a major distraction away from Leicester city. 

No one makes money being an owner breeder unless connected to coolmore or have developed a family of mares over decades , no horses bought by kingpower since the Crash as I read it the dad and other son were racing people , even in the racingpost there was a piece that they are unlike to buy anymore , they have lost millions on this racing Carry on conservative figures around 30m now that’s nothing to billionaires but they certainly haven’t had much success , it’s been good this season but still there is little value left in the colts and the mares will need time to recoup any investment , honestly it’s been a huge financial disaster   , Top will be too focused on City to be too involved in racing he may keep a few from the mares his dad bought but the millions down the drain has stopped 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Broome will win yeh derby Bangkok will be in first 4 , Telecaster could have won the derby if he hadn’t run in Dante , Telecaster has improved passed Bangkok on form now , will be a good race but Broome will win it for me 

Broome breeding for the trip is a concern. Yes sire is a Derby winner but dams line is a bit weak. Dam raced 5f - 1m. The dams sire is a sprinter.

Not for me. Especially at the current price even more so on the day if shorter.

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

No one makes money being an owner breeder unless connected to coolmore or have developed a family of mares over decades , no horses bought by kingpower since the Crash as I read it the dad and other son were racing people , even in the racingpost there was a piece that they are unlike to buy anymore , they have lost millions on this racing Carry on conservative figures around 30m now that’s nothing to billionaires but they certainly haven’t had much success , it’s been good this season but still there is little value left in the colts and the mares will need time to recoup any investment , honestly it’s been a huge financial disaster   , Top will be too focused on City to be too involved in racing he may keep a few from the mares his dad bought but the millions down the drain has stopped 

Depends on what they have brought. 

If they had sense they would look long term with their buys and not neccesarily buying 2 year olds who may offer instant success (wins) but may not improve as 3/4 or 5 year olds.

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

They have bought several frankel horses.  They no doubt invested in this bloodline in the expectation that they would have colts or fillies that could be bred from.  I expect they will stick with the project for this season and next and see what transpires. it’s feasible that they cut back on purchases and purely use their ‘successful fillies’ as broodmares.  Their yearling purchases are always excellently bred and if any are successful in group 1 or 2 company, they could well make stallions. 

Edited by st albans fox

47 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Broome breeding for the trip is a concern. Yes sire is a Derby winner but dams line is a bit weak. Dam raced 5f - 1m. The dams sire is a sprinter.

Latest decs for the derby eaves Bangkok third fav @ 15/2 .

most fancied non o’brien horse - would be such a great story for the family after what they’ve been through ......

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

You’re just making basic assumptions and spouting rubbish as if it’s facts. Plus, they’re a new stable, they’re not going to have instant success. It will take years to build and become successful, sound familiar? 

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

You’re just making basic assumptions and spouting rubbish as if it’s facts. Plus, they’re a new stable, they’re not going to have instant success. It will take years to build and become successful, sound familiar? 

They aren’t going to be in it for years , it’s being wound down , they have stopped buying 

22 hours ago, adam1 said:

Dam has already bred a mile and half horse who won over hurdles and that was by a stallion that is no where near as stout as Australia , I  actually think Broome is a ledger winner in making my fear on his fractions is he needs 14f and not 12f 

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Latest decs for the derby eaves Bangkok third fav @ 15/2 .

most fancied non o’brien horse - would be such a great story for the family after what they’ve been through ......

I would expect Bangkok to be bet on the day and ill lay him if gets to 5/1 or under , I’ll be laying the place at 6/5 

On 22/05/2019 at 19:28, LinekersLugs said:

Dam has already bred a mile and half horse who won over hurdles and that was by a stallion that is no where near as stout as Australia , I  actually think Broome is a ledger winner in making my fear on his fractions is he needs 14f and not 12f 

This is the Derby though. Significant increase in class needed. 

The stats i use say no. Been following them blind on this. Australia was fractionally short on the breeding if I remember correctly. Broome is way short.

The big day arrives for top and the family. Will be interesting to see how many are there this afternoon - i suspect it might be the whole family .....

whatever your views on their racing operation, we should all be cheering on Bangkok this afternoon as the family seek a little bit more closure - funnily enough, a derby win could well be just as likely to lead to a running down of the project as a defeat.  For Khun vichai and his dreams ......

Edited by st albans fox