Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Mitrovic

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's an absolute no for me dawg. He's ****ing bobbins. Has had a bit of a purple patch this year as Fulham's main outlet.

People hated Slimani because he can't trap a ball, he can't pass a  ball, he can't turn on a ball, he can't dribble a ball, he can basically just push people and head it.

That's exactly what Mitrovic is. He wouldn't suit us in the ****ing slightest.

We basically need to find  a Vardy clone to replace him, someone fast that's great on the shoulder. I know everyone's been obsessed with Plan B for ages but it's such a stupidly out dated concept. Where's Liverpool's 6ft 2 big lump or Man City's? Decent teams don't need some giant slow battering ram up front to win headers and flick ons in panic mode, it's just dumb. 

This, all of this.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This, all of this.

Mitrovic - 10 goals (Vardy has 13, Rashford and Martial also have 10 each) in 32 games for a side that has just been relegated. 23 goals for Serbia in 47 appearances. Only 24.I rest my case, me lord

Edited by 49er

Just now, 49er said:

Mitrovic - 10 goals in 32 games for a side that has just been relegated. 23 goals for Serbia in 47 appearances. Only 24.I rest my case, me lord

In sides that play to his strengths he has err a certain quality, no doubt about it. But he is completely incompatible to us and would end up drawing similar criticism to Slimani as @Finnegan rightly pointed out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

In sides that play to his strengths he has err a certain quality, no doubt about it. But he is completely incompatible to us and would end up drawing similar criticism to Slimani as @Finnegan rightly pointed out.

So, Chilwell, Ricardo, Barnes and Gray wouldn't welcome the addition of a tall striker at the far post to aim for? 

1 minute ago, 49er said:

So, Chilwell, Ricardo, Barnes and Gray wouldn't welcome the addition of a tall striker at the far post to aim for? 

No, I don’t think they would. 

Im saying it would pan out in exactly the same way it did for Slimani, where he would be expected to link and feed as a 10 and he doesn’t possess the quality. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2019 at 16:54, Finnegan said:

It's an absolute no for me dawg. He's ****ing bobbins. Has had a bit of a purple patch this year as Fulham's main outlet.

People hated Slimani because he can't trap a ball, he can't pass a  ball, he can't turn on a ball, he can't dribble a ball, he can basically just push people and head it.

That's exactly what Mitrovic is. He wouldn't suit us in the ****ing slightest.

We basically need to find  a Vardy clone to replace him, someone fast that's great on the shoulder. I know everyone's been obsessed with Plan B for ages but it's such a stupidly out dated concept. Where's Liverpool's 6ft 2 big lump or Man City's? Decent teams don't need some giant slow battering ram up front to win headers and flick ons in panic mode, it's just dumb. 

Not going to argue about his suitability for us, but the bits in bold are a gross exaggeration. 

Edited by turtmcfly
Removed 'imo'. That's posting from the bathroom that is.

Im thinking of forwards under Rodgers and cant think of immobile pace-less target men who need 5 chances to grab one goal as being his type. Decent player in the Championship but always looks out of his depth in the prem as he did at both Newcastle and Fulham. Ive seen him miss a shed load of chances and quite a few sitters so I cant see any reason why we go for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Would rather go in for Rondon

Ship has sailed. Newcastle won't sell unless it's Slimani figures for their no.9 unless they go down and he turns 30 in September. We should've got him when Ulloa went, we still haven't replaced him - it probably came down to wage structure issues.

We need to bin off Slimani somehow, still two years left on his contract being paid bank for absolutely nothing

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Ship has sailed. Newcastle won't sell unless it's Slimani figures for their no.9 unless they go down and he turns 30 in September. We should've got him when Ulloa went, we still haven't replaced him - it probably came down to wage structure issues.

We need to bin off Slimani somehow, still two years left on his contract being paid bank for absolutely nothing

He's a West Brom player on loan

• Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

He's a West Brom player on loan

Alright, I didn't know that!

What a cock up from Newcastle, West Brom still might pop up through the play-offs although unlikely. Move Slimani on in any feasible fashion first, and Rondon would then be an excellent addition to the front-line, might not start every game but he'd be an important player here

23 hours ago, 49er said:

so who would you drop for this tall striker? Vardy?

A striker of Mitrovic's skill set would be handy but I'd be looking to pick up a target man for cheap as our 3rd choice striker. Okazaki is going and I suspect Iheanacho will if anyone is mad enough to take a punt so then we get a more dynamic support striker to challenge Vardy. 

On 05/04/2019 at 19:47, 49er said:

In our home game against Fulham, Mitrovic had one chance - cross into the box, good header and a great save from Kasper. Imagine what Iheanacho would have done!

Overhead kicked it into the onion bag? :dunno:

On 06/04/2019 at 22:54, Ric Flair said:

A striker of Mitrovic's skill set would be handy but I'd be looking to pick up a target man for cheap as our 3rd choice striker. Okazaki is going and I suspect Iheanacho will if anyone is mad enough to take a punt so then we get a more dynamic support striker to challenge Vardy. 

This would be ecstatic if we signed Haller from Frankfurt aswell as Adams from Brum. Releasing Okazaki & either selling or loaning out Kelechi.