Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The most tight arsed person you know.

Years ago I used to be part of a pool group and arranged to play pool with a guy and one time he brought his mate. Booked a table for 2hrs which I paid for in advance, they turn up an hour late with no apology or anything and the guy's mate insists on only paying for the hour he was there even though he knows we had to pre pay, said I was trying to screw them over ffs.

After trying to argue on principle, I just though life's too short and let it go. Anyway, I told quite a few people about it on this pool group in passing, admittedly out of a new found spite but also as a bit of a heads up incase some guys on the group got screwed over, particular the ones on lower income. Anyway, I told the wrong person, it got back to the skinflint and he said he was going to threaten me with legal action for slander lol Never heard from him again but what a cun t.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Years ago I used to be part of a pool group and arranged to play pool with a guy and one time he brought his mate. Booked a table for 2hrs which I paid for in advance, they turn up an hour late with no apology or anything and the guy's mate insists on only paying for the hour he was there even though he knows we had to pre pay, said I was trying to screw them over ffs.

After trying to argue on principle, I just though life's too short and let it go. Anyway, I told quite a few people about it on this pool group in passing, admittedly out of a new found spite but also as a bit of a heads up incase some guys on the group got screwed over, particular the ones on lower income. Anyway, I told the wrong person, it got back to the skinflint and he said he was going to threaten me with legal action for slander lol Never heard from him again but what a cun t.

The bloke sounds like a prize tit, but what sort of knobhead would feed back what you'd said to them? They're the real c**t in this story, for me

I went on a stag do to Barcelona…. Stags brother in law was there through a sense of duty on the stags part

he didn’t drink so made it clear that he wouldn’t be picking up people’s beer bill, so , didn’t contribute to the kitty…

he matched us drink for drink with his bottles of Coke…. I checked and they were more expensive than our bloody beer…. 

The brass neck on him!

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

And we have a winner. 

This is hilarious. Is it true that Canucks are less forthcoming at tipping than their American counterparts?

No idea about that. Canadian people typically are genuinely nice people, really polite. Some of that is changing with american influence though.  Having said that my whole extended family is from leicester just some of us moved here sooner than others. Guess the british skint ways followed some of us (not me) lol

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Because he's smart with his money ?

Uncle, is that you? You cheap cvnt!

• Haha 1

Maybe it’s a Leicester thing. 

I remember being in Skeggy one time when I was a kid and we had our photos taken by a street photographer. It was quite common back then to have your photo taken - completely unsolicited - and you paid the photographer who would issue you with a ticket so you could collect the print from a shop later on.  Of course, there was no legal obligation to pay but most people entered into the spirit of it - it was as much a part of the experience as wearing a ‘kiss me quick’ hat. 

However, my father, who could give any tight-arse a run for their money, refused point blank to pay up, to which the photographer replied, “I bet you’re from Leicester”. 

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The bloke sounds like a prize tit, but what sort of knobhead would feed back what you'd said to them? They're the real c**t in this story, for me

Yeah I dont know who actually passed it on to the cheapstake so dunno whether they were completely naive or malicious.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Maybe it’s a Leicester thing. 

I remember being in Skeggy one time when I was a kid and we had our photos taken by a street photographer. It was quite common back then to have your photo taken - completely unsolicited - and you paid the photographer who would issue you with a ticket so you could collect the print from a shop later on.  Of course, there was no legal obligation to pay but most people entered into the spirit of it - it was as much a part of the experience as wearing a ‘kiss me quick’ hat. 

However, my father, who could give any tight-arse a run for their money, refused point blank to pay up, to which the photographer replied, “I bet you’re from Leicester”. 

We are known as chizits.

As in "owmuchizit".

Tight with letters and cash.

Was called a tight arse after refusing to buy a round...

... turned up after they had started and the plan was to have a session. Got myself a beer. Then was told that it was my round and this would be the last round. ?

Argument ensued where the three of them called me a tight bar steward.

Told them to eff off and didnt speak to them for 3 months.

I dont know what made me madder. The insult or the fact that two of them were under the thumb and had to report home.

Babylon is well tight

I can imagine Buce being really tight, one time he offered to beat me up, I should have taken that offer in a pub and see if he would buy me a drink after bearing me up.

Finners is well tight also, never seen him buy another man a drink.

Gazzer is skin flint, would always buy at a wehterspoons.

7 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Babylon is well tight

I can imagine Buce being really tight, one time he offered to beat me up, I should have taken that offer in a pub and see if he would buy me a drink after bearing me up.

Finners is well tight also, never seen him buy another man a drink.

Gazzer is skin flint, would always buy at a wehterspoons.

Just you Singh, you're handsy enough sober, you don't need the encouragement. 

• Haha 1

Guest MattP
22 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A mate of mine is the tightest person I know. One night it was just me and him on a night out and we’d been drinking pints for most of the night. We got into Terrace and it was his round I’d had enough of Lager by now so I asked for an Amaretto & Diet Coke. He said that was dearer than the last round that I had bought and he made me pay the difference from a pint to an amaretto.  

How on earth do you even put up with that?

A lot of truth in how the wealthy are often the tightest, a fella I know is pretty well off but gets his wife to bring a tupperware box to weddings or funerals to take home any food from the buffet that hasn't been eaten. Once turned up to a do at the Notts club with his own bottle of coke, miniatures and even ice to avoid going to the bar.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

A lot of truth in how the wealthy are often the tightest, a fella I know is pretty well off but gets his wife to bring a tupperware box to weddings or funerals to take home any food from the buffet that hasn't been eaten. Once turned up to a do at the Notts club with his own bottle of coke, miniatures and even ice to avoid going to the bar.

I get the 'being tight early in life because you had nothing and now a rich or well off person' thing. I understand its part of then DNA to get where you are and i can appreciate it. But dont lose common sense with your closest friends and family (especially those who arent out to take advantage of your riches).  Perhaps its a 'disease/paranoia' where once they get the money they are worried it will disappear hence old ways never die.  Suppose its a lesson to some of us to watch how friendly you are with your money to a degree. 

Now, where's my drink? 

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I get the 'being tight early in life because you had nothing and now a rich or well off person' thing. I understand its part of then DNA to get where you are and i can appreciate it. But dont lose common sense with your closest friends and family (especially those who arent out to take advantage of your riches).  Perhaps its a 'disease/paranoia' where once they get the money they are worried it will disappear hence old ways never die.  Suppose its a lesson to some of us to watch how friendly you are with your money to a degree. 

Now, where's my drink? 

It's your round tight arse!
lol

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

We’ve just got used to it to be honest. 

There’s a group of 6 of us and we try and meet up at least once a month, that’s to either have a night out, go for a curry or just watch the scores come in down the pub on a Saturday afternoon. We are more shocked nowadays if he turns up than if he lets us down. 

He’s one of them who if you arrange something will be really up for it then when it comes to handing the money over he’ll make an excuse. And then when you don’t ask him one time he will get the hump that he hasn’t been invited. 

Tightest people I know are easily the wealthiest. 

Got married at 16, inherited a fairly large cash sum a couple of years in and now they have a handful of properties and live in the biggest house I've stepped foot in. One day many years ago I was visiting their then relatively modest home and noticed sandwich bags hung over a rack in the kitchen, I asked wtf was that about and they said they wash and reuse the bags. Easily the tightest thing I've ever seen someone do. 

On the one hand I definitely admire their scrimping, even though they were gifted a huge step on the starting ladder they both still work and they've managed to use that step to make themselves a small empire. On the other hand I think they are bats for being so tight when they no longer need to be. But I guess if you get into the habit of penny pinching it's hard to change. 

ha ha. I was at college with his lad who was renowned for being "tight" despite being from quite a well off family. We ribbed him constantly about it. I stopped over at his folks place after a night out and in the morning came down for breakfast and his mum was cutting open "empty" washing  up liquid bottles and declaring how much she'd "saved"!

That said, it is sometimes hard when you'r skint. There's been times when I haven't had any money but in fairness I would never "sign up" for a round if I didn't feel able to buy one back. I've always made an excuse like "I'll go solo and buy my own". I guess that sounds tight too but if you are on a budget it is easier to control  your own spending rather then ending up in a big round!

One of my oldest friends is easily the most tight-fisted person I've ever met.

I've always thought it's some sort of insecurity issue in which he feels that people are always trying to f**k him over somehow... It's been both hilarious and infuriating for us as his mates over the years.

It ranges from the small, annoying things: for example I'll regularly go out for a couple of beers with him, I'll buy two Camden Hells lagers first and he'll come back with two Amstel just because it saves him 15p per pint. He never buys first so he can gauge how much people are spending.

To the bizarre and downright socially unacceptable: he turned up at one of our other mates wedding with a bag full of his own wedding invitations and proceeded to hand them out in order to save on the postage.

Or we once had a BBQ for which everyone would bring food and booze - he rocked up with four cans of Tesco own brand lager and four loose vegetarian sausages in a zip-lock bag, then proceeded to eat and drink all the nice stuff. lol

He gets constantly rinsed for it, and it doesn't faze him. He just carries on like it's normal.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Tightest people I know are easily the wealthiest. 

Got married at 16, inherited a fairly large cash sum a couple of years in and now they have a handful of properties and live in the biggest house I've stepped foot in. One day many years ago I was visiting their then relatively modest home and noticed sandwich bags hung over a rack in the kitchen, I asked wtf was that about and they said they wash and reuse the bags. Easily the tightest thing I've ever seen someone do. 

On the one hand I definitely admire their scrimping, even though they were gifted a huge step on the starting ladder they both still work and they've managed to use that step to make themselves a small empire. On the other hand I think they are bats for being so tight when they no longer need to be. But I guess if you get into the habit of penny pinching it's hard to change. 

My MIL does this. When she comes by to visit and stay over i notice it lol

To be fair she grew up in a time where they had nothing so i get it. Habits never change even when money is no longer an issue.

Now from  a stop the plastic in our waters business its a good thing kind of  kind of not.