Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The most tight arsed person you know.

This is following on from a conversation I had at work , when a colleague told me about his uncle who would boil a kettle for a brew and then pour the rest of the water into a thermos flask. Apparently it saved him boiling it again ?. So what’s the most tight arsed thing you’ve seen someone do ?. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

This is following on from a conversation I had at work , when a colleague told me about his uncle who would boil a kettle for a brew and then pour the rest of the water into a thermos flask. Apparently it saved him boiling it again ?. So what’s the most tight arsed thing you’ve seen someone do ?. 

You say tight, I say the man is living in the future.

A couple of years ago my o/h was off sick for a while and doesn’t get full pay so we went around supermarkets buying veg for about 10p and the froze them lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

That's actually genius.

Real tight arses do things like one of my former employers in a small business who enjoyed buying vintage cars and expensive paintings (which got left in the basement unused until a leaky pipe destroyed a lot of them lmao) but kept baulking at paying staff a living wage.

44 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A mate of mine is the tightest person I know. One night it was just me and him on a night out and we’d been drinking pints for most of the night. We got into Terrace and it was his round I’d had enough of Lager by now so I asked for an Amaretto & Diet Coke. He said that was dearer than the last round that I had bought and he made me pay the difference from a pint to an amaretto.  

I'd struggle to be mates with someone like that. Unless someone really is going through a tough time or generally isn't that we'll off, I honestly can't stand tight people. It just makes me feel awkward spending time with them and stops me doing stuff I would do otherwise.

I have an uncle that would gift us t-shirts won at his work xmas party for our own xmas presents. I'm not talking about name brand stuff either. $1 t-shirt with writing that says something business related as in the work got it as a giveaway from another business.

When my son was born he gifted him a female  xmas bear that was taller then my son and had writing on the label which stated it was "staff". 

My uncle is by no means hard up for cash. Has biggest house  in the family, no debt, goes on holidays etc.

Heck there were times we would go to his house and they'd be eating takeaway food. Would they offer us any? No. Even if they did we would never eat someones takeaway.  Yet when they came to ours in similar circumstances  we would offer and the whole fat bastard family would dig in lol.

I remember he asked me to go buy him some milk. Gave me $3. It came out to 2.99. He asked for his change back. This is after me walking 10 minutes to the store and 10 back.

I recognize there are much worse stories out there but in our family thats the family. I have many stories from this same uncle. Sad thing is he is such a nice guy as is my aunt which makes it worse for some reason. 

Can’t stand tight people. But like others have said tends to be those with money who can be tight. I appreciate that is probably one of the reasons that they have money but still. When it comes to mates I have no time for arguing over a few quid.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Everyone I've met for a drink from this site has been a tight arse, barring Thracian.

WTF!

That's the last time I buy you a drink darling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I have an uncle that would gift us t-shirts won at his work xmas party for our own xmas presents. I'm not talking about name brand stuff either. $1 t-shirt with writing that says something business related as in the work got it as a giveaway from another business.

When my son was born he gifted him a female  xmas bear that was taller then my son and had writing on the label which stated it was "staff". 

My uncle is by no means hard up for cash. Has biggest house  in the family, no debt, goes on holidays etc.

Heck there were times we would go to his house and they'd be eating takeaway food. Would they offer us any? No. Even if they did we would never eat someones takeaway.  Yet when they came to ours in similar circumstances  we would offer and the whole fat bastard family would dig in lol.

I remember he asked me to go buy him some milk. Gave me $3. It came out to 2.99. He asked for his change back. This is after me walking 10 minutes to the store and 10 back.

I recognize there are much worse stories out there but in our family thats the family. I have many stories from this same uncle. Sad thing is he is such a nice guy as is my aunt which makes it worse for some reason. 

And we have a winner. 

This is hilarious. Is it true that Canucks are less forthcoming at tipping than their American counterparts?

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I used to live a 10 minute walk away from Uni and one of my flat mates (I’ll call her Tenby because that’s where she was from and it sort of became her nickname anyway) would just drive to uni every day because she was a lazy ****.

In my third year I had a deadline for a project in which everything had gone wrong as usual - printer broke, internet went down, you know the drill. I managed to get the project printed just in time with 10 minutes to spare but wouldn’t have made it time for the deadline if I walked. So I asked Tenby if she could give me a lift or I’d fail my degree. 

She huffed and demanded I pay her £5 for the petrol. Being in no mood to haggle I agreed, and she gave me a lift. When we got there, I ran into the submissions room and handed my project in. I was no more than 40 seconds tops. When I got outside she’d already ****ed off. 

She’s honestly the most selfish person I’ve ever met - she’d never make you a cup of tea when you were in the same room, she’d actively blank you. Everyone in the flat just kind of accepted her as being “there” as we’d all forgotten why we were friends with her in the first place. 

I’ve always desperately hoped that she marries someone with the surname “End” as her middle name is Isobel. That’d be ****ing apt but I can’t see her being unselfish enough to care about another human. 

Tbf to her she had already fulfilled her contractual obligations. :whistle:

2 hours ago, ousefox said:

I'd struggle to be mates with someone like that. Unless someone really is going through a tough time or generally isn't that we'll off, I honestly can't stand tight people. It just makes me feel awkward spending time with them and stops me doing stuff I would do otherwise.

Yeah it’s hard work, though over the years we’ve just got used to it. 

We are going West Ham on Saturday it had been arranged for weeks he’d agreed to come. When I confirmed train and ticket prices with everyone he backed out making excuses.

46 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My wife is the most tight arsed person I know (although her arse is far from tight these days :dry:)

She’s nearly 50 but still has the mindset of a skint student. 

Never seen her leave a tip and she’d still be hanging tea bags on the line if I let her...

I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive post about your wife lol 

• Haha 3