Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Kegworth & castle donington

One of the best things about our recent success is surely fewer glory grabbers and Forest/Derby fans in the county.

I've mostly lived in north Leics. and definitely see fewer Derby and Forest shirts and car window stickers than I used to. Hardly any, in fact. In the 90s, they were pretty common.

It would be interesting to know how many glory hunters from, say, Kent or Carlisle picked us as their team after the title win.

9 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Not having much knowledge/experience of the county it's always fascinated me where Leicester support extends to. 

Does it work on geographic boundaries - eg Hinckley = Leicester, Bedworth  = Cov?

Seem to remember seeing quite a few red shirts round Loughborough when Forest were flying. Imagine that's different now...

Not suggesting county people are more fickle or anything of course...

Kettering is solid for the Blue Boys

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
14 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Thought so - used to work with a lad from Hinckley, a big Leicester fan, who used to 'entertain' me with stories about scrapping with Cov fans in places like Bedworth & Nuneaton.

Well sitting in a pub in Nuneaton chanting we all hate Cov scum is always fun. 

17 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I know one bloke from Castle Donington and he's firmly Derby, although I do sometimes see kids wearing Leicester kits in Derby itself which always raises a little smile. If that's the only legacy of 2016, I'll take it.

There are always a few in Leicester shirts who get on/off the train at Long Eaton on the way to/from games too.

No reason you can't support both these days tbf. Lots of fans of Premier League clubs go and lend their support to little local lower league clubs that need it. 

There's guys on here go and watch little minnows like Shepshed, Oady, Coalville, Grantham, Boston. Derby's not much more of a push. 

To be a rival you've got to actually rival, you know what I mean? We're out on our own. 

I mean look at @Tinman he clearly likes a bit of Derby fair play but he comes on here to support his actual Premier League team because who wants to watch lower league hoof ball all the time? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, smith and lineker said:

Have worked in Donington for over 15 years, only ever seen a couple of city shirts in that time, can't remember ever seeing any f****t, but lots of derby. I get the impression the locals look to derby as their nearest town and are only 15mins from pride park?

Have to agree. I have no problem with Donnington folk who support Derby because of the proximity. Am less impressed with those who grew up in Loughborough and supported Forest during their 70s/80s time in the sun.

Guest Cujek
21 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Are there any pubs in Nuneaton? Looks a bit of a ghost town to me.

There are, none I would really go in. 

The only exception is the crew which is a rock pub. 

The wetherspoon is a typical wetherspoon,. 

On the whole though Nuneaton is a place best avoided. 

I like the cash converters though, I always get my foreign currency there as they always have the best rates I can find, the staff are always pleasant and chatty, I guess its nice for them  to speak to someone other than the usual skag heads pawning thier toasters, or stolen bikes for a £10 bag. Picked up a pink ds the last time I was there as well for my daughter.