Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Kegworth & castle donington

I posted something a while back about 1980s F***** turncoats in Melton and Loughborough ....these towns are now pleasingly ethnically cleansed towards being LCFC strongholds once more.

But the last stains on the map are kegworth and castle donington. Never trusted the places. Anyone live there that can reassure if  derby and F***** are being driven out from these places yet? Are the local kids now increasingly king power shirted?

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I posted something a while back about 1980s F***** turncoats in Melton and Loughborough ....these towns are now pleasingly ethnically cleansed towards being LCFC strongholds once more.

But the last stains on the map are kegworth and castle donington. Never trusted the places. Anyone live there that can reassure if  derby and F***** are being driven out from these places yet? Are the local kids now increasingly king power shirted?

Today Kegworth, tomorrow Newtown Unthank!

I know one bloke from Castle Donington and he's firmly Derby, although I do sometimes see kids wearing Leicester kits in Derby itself which always raises a little smile. If that's the only legacy of 2016, I'll take it.

There are always a few in Leicester shirts who get on/off the train at Long Eaton on the way to/from games too.

Edited by Voll Blau

Not having much knowledge/experience of the county it's always fascinated me where Leicester support extends to. 

Does it work on geographic boundaries - eg Hinckley = Leicester, Bedworth  = Cov?

Seem to remember seeing quite a few red shirts round Loughborough when Forest were flying. Imagine that's different now...

Not suggesting county people are more fickle or anything of course...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I have a simple rule. City fans from Grantham, Kettering, Bedworth and other non Leicestershire towns are magnificent folk.

Those who live in Leicestershire but follow another team are pure scum

Yeah - I can totally agree with that!

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
45 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Not having much knowledge/experience of the county it's always fascinated me where Leicester support extends to. 

Does it work on geographic boundaries - eg Hinckley = Leicester, Bedworth  = Cov?

Seem to remember seeing quite a few red shirts round Loughborough when Forest were flying. Imagine that's different now...

Hinckley is staunchly Leicester.

Bedworth / Nuneaton is just as staunchly Coventry (or who ever they support now) 

4 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Hinckley is staunchly Leicester.

Bedworth / Nuneaton is just as staunchly Coventry (or who ever they support now) 

Thought so - used to work with a lad from Hinckley, a big Leicester fan, who used to 'entertain' me with stories about scrapping with Cov fans in places like Bedworth & Nuneaton.

Loughborough still a bit split. I see a lot of Forest shirts and meet many over 35's who support them.  Probably less popular with the younger generation.

Meeting so many Forest fans was a huge surprise for me when I moved over this way and wasn't something I had even considered for a town in Leicestershire. That said, I probably go out in and shop in Nottingham more than Leicester nowadays, so I can see how the pull of success influenced a generation. 

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Leicestershire and Rutland are both Leicester Strongholds obviously

You get a fair few Derby fans around Ashby and Forest fans in Loughborough + the Vale of Belvoir. Theirs also a couple of Cov fans in Hinckley which is about 20% of their fan base. 

You also have the armchair big 6 fanboys and the “we’d never watch wendyball” rugby brigade.

But on the other hand theirs a sizeable number of Leicester fans in Forest towns like Grantham and South Lincolnshire and in Derbyshire towns like Swadlincote.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Leicestershire and Rutland are both Leicester Strongholds obviously

You get a fair few Derby fans around Ashby and Forest fans in Loughborough + the Vale of Belvoir. Theirs also a couple of Cov fans in Hinckley which is about 20% of their fan base. 

You also have the armchair big 6 fanboys and the “we’d never watch wendyball” rugby brigade.

But on the other hand theirs a sizeable number of Leicester fans in Forest towns like Grantham and South Lincolnshire and in Derbyshire towns like Swadlincote.  

I’m not picking on you but I really cannot let this go. There is = there’s.

Sorry, no offence.

• Like 1