Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

The Seasons format in this is great. Didn't really get it during season 1 but now I know the score I'm really keen to grind stuff knowing there's a limited time to do so. 

Warzone and regular MP feel like two completely different games, it's great. Bash out a few games of quickfire multiplayer and then Warzone singles is a completely different pace, can easily flip between them for hours which I haven't done on a game for absolutely years.

• Like 1

Recently finding myself getting so many more kills in a game. Frequently getting 5+ kills a game. Especially when I play more aggressive. Got another win last night. So satisfying when the circle falls kind to you. Even more so when the final squad of 3 (against only 2 of us) are inside the only building in the final circle and the centre of the circle is outside the building. 

You've gotta come to us lads lol 

Ive found myself starting to carry the Rocket launcher more. Snipers are so important but aslong as 1 team mate has a sniper ive moved to a launcher with an AR with scope.

What are peoples favorite perks to use? I cant see past Cold Blooded, Ghost and Spotter

Feel so exposed unless I have the heartrate sensor and a Dead Silence ready to go.

Three team wins now, still yet to win a solo (although my latest team win was only me left and I got the final 2 kills)

Absolutely love it, unless you have three bad games in a row. Say you're trying to land far away someone quiet, and then you pan the camera round and there's a bunch following you or someone lands straight out and choppers it over to where you're landing, damnit

On 14/04/2020 at 09:08, kingcarr21 said:

Recently finding myself getting so many more kills in a game. Frequently getting 5+ kills a game. Especially when I play more aggressive. Got another win last night. So satisfying when the circle falls kind to you. Even more so when the final squad of 3 (against only 2 of us) are inside the only building in the final circle and the centre of the circle is outside the building. 

You've gotta come to us lads lol 

Ive found myself starting to carry the Rocket launcher more. Snipers are so important but aslong as 1 team mate has a sniper ive moved to a launcher with an AR with scope.

What are peoples favorite perks to use? I cant see past Cold Blooded, Ghost and Spotter

I love the Strella in Warzone. Never fails to crack me up when I can one shot someone from hundreds of meters away when they don't even know I'm there. Much easier to aim than the RPG as the muzzle velocity is insanely fast, even on moving vehicles it's just point and click.

8 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I love the light machine guns on warzone, sure they're clunky and take ages to reload, but you get 100 bullets in a clip and once you get sight of someone nearby it's game over for them :D

Really? Even if I find a gold one I won't pick it up if I've found any SMG or assault rifle - the recoil and accuracy is so terrible I find them unusable at mid-long range and too cumbersome to use at short range. Coupled with the 2 minute reload times!

On 17/04/2020 at 20:33, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Really? Even if I find a gold one I won't pick it up if I've found any SMG or assault rifle - the recoil and accuracy is so terrible I find them unusable at mid-long range and too cumbersome to use at short range. Coupled with the 2 minute reload times!

Granted, it has a fair few weak points. It's not ideal when running away from the gas which seems to happen every time I play with mates lol there's one variation of it that has 150 bullets before needing to reload.

Got a great quad win with my mates last night, all four of us made it to the end. We landed somewhere quiet, looted and did 3-4 recon contracts which essentially showed us exactly where the final circle would fall. Got a loadout drop, made our way to the final circle and essentially just defended a couple of houses we were stationed in. By the time we had to move it was 4 of us vs 2 remaining people. Don't all be nicking my strategy :D 

CANT get into cod at all since advance warfare i really thought this one would be a game changer back to the old days ,sadly not in either multi or warzone ...to slow and doesnt feel intense . 

in all serious if any of you old cod players are on here there is a few of us playing mw3 on xbox ,,runs like a dream and plays great with tons of maps to go .

very rarely have to wait to get into a lobby as there is still an active community off 80k players playing team deathmatch

Started really racking up the wins recently. It's the first cod I've enjoyed since cod 2 on the PC years ago, and the warzone is probably the best battle royale imo, albeit a bugged one. 

Managed to win a trios a minute ago going into the final circle alone. 

What loadouts does everyone go for?

20 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Started really racking up the wins recently. It's the first cod I've enjoyed since cod 2 on the PC years ago, and the warzone is probably the best battle royale imo, albeit a bugged one. 

Managed to win a trios a minute ago going into the final circle alone. 

What loadouts does everyone go for?

Used to use an M4 with SOCOM rounds and sniper scope, and my MP7 beast, however using Overkill means you can't have Ghost perk so I've now got MP7 and the Renetti pistol with burst mod - which makes for a fantastic secondary weapon, waaaay more handy than the other pistols. Both are only good for short-medium range but it suits my gameplan most of the time

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Used to use an M4 with SOCOM rounds and sniper scope, and my MP7 beast, however using Overkill means you can't have Ghost perk so I've now got MP7 and the Renetti pistol with burst mod - which makes for a fantastic secondary weapon, waaaay more handy than the other pistols. Both are only good for short-medium range but it suits my gameplan most of the time

I've just got myself the akimbo perk for the renetti Incase of a late drop in from the gulag and it's fantastic. I usually go for a crossbow with explosive tips first loadout, with ghost cold blooded and shrapnel. Then get a second  with either the MP7 or M4. But the M4 is new to me and I'm still playing with attachments. 

Crossbow can be abit of a slog to get used to but I couldn't reccomend it enough. One shot eliminations in solo's and guaranteed to down them in squads. 

15 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Crossbow can be abit of a slog to get used to but I couldn't reccomend it enough. One shot eliminations in solo's and guaranteed to down them in squads. 

I've only ever used it in the loading training and I found it fun, but the drop-off over distance is crazy and the reload time is pretty long. Maybe I'll give it a proper shot

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I've only ever used it in the loading training and I found it fun, but the drop-off over distance is crazy and the reload time is pretty long. Maybe I'll give it a proper shot

Once you get used to the drop off distance you can judge it quite easily. 

It helps alot if you're playing sneakily. Or trying to remove people from a building. It's just what to run with it I cant decide on. Trying to level the grau and see how that is but it's really hit and miss at the minute. M4 and mp7 seem the most reliable and consistent 

First CoD I've played since the original Modern Warfare. 

I'm so out of practice with multiplayer and I'm largely pretty useless with anything other than Team Deathmatch, when the old muscle-memory kicks in and I'm topping leaderboards and prestige-ing it like in '07.

I find the money collecting and battle royale modes pretty frustrating. Managed a 2nd place in a 4-man team, but that's largely because we avoided fighting right until the end.

Love the Ground War mode, but again I'm too pants to ever really get more than a few kills.

The game is a bit of a buggy mess, and crossplay is broken, which is a shame as I play with a friend on PS4 whilst I'm on Xbox. Saw a PC hacker get like 130 kills on a game the other day.

• 1 month later...

This COD is really starting to grind. Every game I am put up against Rambo's with heat seeking laser beams. Getting bored of constantly getting killed even if I get the drop on them and don't miss a bullet.

Ive gone from playing every night to once a fortnight. Try and play now and again and its still the same if not worse.

Roll on TLOU Part 2 so I can shelve this

3 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

Stopped playing this 3 months ago.

It seemed to be getting worse each update.

It does. And the size of the updates are absolutely absurd.

I'll play with a couple of mates every now and then, but apart from that I never find myself wanting to go back to it. Maybe it's just my tastes in games changing over the years, but I find it incredibly repetitive and abnoxiously noisy. How people spend hour after hour grinding it is well beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...

The updates are big yeah but each time they bring one out it deletes a load of old stuff off your HD. After the last 2 30GB updates the file remained at about 170GB on my hard drive. 

I'm still playing quite a lot but I've moved away from Warzone back to just playing MP. Warzone solos is probably the biggest sweat fest I've ever seen in a video game, every fvcker things they're the latest member of Optic gaming. The skill based matchmaking is still way too strong, I have a couple of good games and then get thrown in with 11 quickscoping kids and can barely get out of my spawn. All in all though it's still enjoyable enough and is reminiscent enough of MW and MW2.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been playing this on and off for a few months now, getting disillusioned and staying off for a week because I can’t compete. So yesterday I disabled cross play and lo and behold I had a great evening, lots of kills and actually finished top of the board on my final game.

Its a shame I can’t just disable cross play just for PC gamers (I play PS4) and still play X box gamers.