Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Had my first go on Ground War last night. Sniper heaven. Got absolutely annihilated 

Hardpoint is still my go to game. Top of every match just because I get over 2:30 mins in the hardpoint. Makes me laugh when so many players just hover around the hardpoint picking up kills rather than actually catching the hardpoint. 

Are people still bothered about their K/D ratio? 

This gives me hope! I get so frustrated when people dont play the objective.

I was playing Kill Confirmed yesterday and there was a sniper at the edge of the map with a few tags right next to them.. Ignored them all...

Domination used to be my go to game, but the amount of people hovering around A or C to get kills without attempting to capture it is laughable.

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

This gives me hope! I get so frustrated when people dont play the objective.

I was playing Kill Confirmed yesterday and there was a sniper at the edge of the map with a few tags right next to them.. Ignored them all...

Domination used to be my go to game, but the amount of people hovering around A or C to get kills without attempting to capture it is laughable.

Nothing more frustrating. Should get penalties for not doing the objective. Like flip your Kills to Deaths around to ruin their ratio lol 

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Nothing more frustrating. Should get penalties for not doing the objective. Like flip your Kills to Deaths around to ruin their ratio lol 

Would love them to! but if they ever did hardly anyone would play I bet. 

At least on hard point you can get points and top the leader board for playing the objective. 

Personally play hardcore, realism mode for me is just as bad.

I use a SMG so on normal mode I get out powered by assault rifles, whereas hardcore is about who shoots first (if can keep out the way of campers)

HQ or Domination Hcore is my game of choice would definitely recommend. Disliked the feel of the last black ops but enjoy this.

2 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Personally play hardcore, realism mode for me is just as bad.

I use a SMG so on normal mode I get out powered by assault rifles, whereas hardcore is about who shoots first (if can keep out the way of campers)

HQ or Domination Hcore is my game of choice would definitely recommend. Disliked the feel of the last black ops but enjoy this.

Do you not get more campers on Hardcore?

The new Crash is great with the removal of the rooftop camping area and the addition of the alley and wall to balance out the starting points.

Probably played 20 matches today and haven't come across Shipment or Vacant once which is a shame. They should have done a playlist with just the new maps for a bit, Picadilly can get fvcked

7 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The new Crash is great with the removal of the rooftop camping area and the addition of the alley and wall to balance out the starting points.

Probably played 20 matches today and haven't come across Shipment or Vacant once which is a shame. They should have done a playlist with just the new maps for a bit, Picadilly can get fvcked

Echo this. Must've had 3 good rounds on it out of 40+, it's just so hectic with too many lines of sight to look out for, too many camping spots and some awful spawns aswell. The only times I've done well I've been able to lock one corner of the map down with an MP5/MP7 and spawn trap people at the back of the destroyed shop with scaff.

Really like the majority of 6v6 maps though; Ramaza, Gun Runner, Cave, Hackney Yard. This game has so much to offer though with Ground Wars, 2v2's but I've been grinding TD & KK so still haven't made the most of it.

For anyone watching this game from a distance though whoever makes CoD these days have just introduced "season one" which just seems to incentivise spending alot of money on 'CoD Points' for mostly cosmetic items, guns ect. They waited for the reviews to come in well and now they're rubbing their hands together in anticipation of all the kids getting bought it for Christmas and throwing money on flashy shiny tat like they're out down the fun fair. Hopefully they don't paywall certain over powered guns down the line, they've restored alot of faith with this iteration up to this point.

Edited by Jaspa

11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Echo this. Must've had 3 good rounds on it out of 40+, it's just so hectic with too many lines of sight to look out for, too many camping spots and some awful spawns aswell. The only times I've done well I've been able to lock one corner of the map down with an MP5/MP7 and spawn trap people at the back of the destroyed shop with scaff.

Really like the majority of 6v6 maps though; Ramaza, Gun Runner, Cave, Hackney Yard. This game has so much to offer though with Ground Wars, 2v2's but I've been grinding TD & KK so still haven't made the most of it.

For anyone watching this game from a distance though whoever makes CoD these days have just introduced "season one" which just seems to incentivise spending alot of money on 'CoD Points' for mostly cosmetic items, guns ect. They waited for the reviews to come in well and now they're rubbing their hands together in anticipation of all the kids getting bought it for Christmas and throwing money on flashy shiny tat like they're out down the fun fair. Hopefully they don't paywall certain over powered guns down the line, they've restored alot of faith with this iteration up to this point.

At least they have gone with the fortnite model of letting you earn back these cod points so every other season will be free if you don't spend them

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Yeah I love Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Shoot House, and Gun Runner is a laugh, Ramaza is alright. St Petrograd is mediocre, Piccadilly sucks balls. Had to turn off 10v10 as that Palace map is bloody awful, and Arklov Peak is usually dire. If you're on the team that doesn't get to the palace and camp it first you've no chance of winning. Only played a couple of Ground War matches but as I don't snipe it's not much fun

14 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Ridiculous how hardly anyony PTO. 

Was playing Hardpoint on shoot house, I was on the point for 3:27 seconds. The next closest was 20 seconds. 

I didn't even have defend, nobody was bothered. All just going for kills. 

Seriously do you expect anything else from a game full of entitled, 12-year old kids who's KD ratio defines their social status? 

Playing campaign mode and come across my first juggernaut that:

A. I can't kill, and 

B. I have no real interest in spending hours learning how to kill.

Fvcking annoying, as I was enjoying the game up to this point 

So, game over. :mellow: 

• 1 month later...

Recently got this for Christmas but unfortunately I rarely finish an online game as i constantly receive the 'Lost connection to server/host' message.

I've got Sky broadband and haven't had a problem with any other game/device/console.

Has anyone experienced this? I've tried your standard restart the modem/console, uninstall and reinstall the game but no luck.

Any advice would be great, thanks in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wish they'd just put more proper maps in to be honest, Rust is abit of a gimmick along the lines of Shipment to which I now just skip when it comes onto the playlist as people who are too good will turn it into 5 minutes of hell.

There's so many better options they could've gone with from MW2; Favela, Terminal, that mansion in woodland, the nuclear submarine base ect.

I'm been getting pretty decent at this now anyway. My k/d is creeping up as I've been grinding guns for camos, got the submachine guns platinum'ed a couple of months ago, still working my way through the Ass rifles but I hate the FAL and have only golded the Kilo which is a laser beam of a gun but all of them are now fully leveled up. My best k/d is actually with the 725 shotgun, I've had two 20+ kill no death games with it on Gun Runner and Ramaza now, it just bludgeons everything close enough.

Loving the customisation of weapons aswell, you can turn several of the assault rifles into melt machines. The M13 has upgrades which silence your gun, makes your tracers invisible and even removes enemy skulls so the enemy team doesn't even know where they're getting popped from, which is very useful for S&D. I've gone from being the biggest SMG fanboy to even modding the MG34 down to no stock, short barrel, stippled grip tape and preferring it for range.

Quite a few LCFC related gamertags popping up in games too, if you see a Jaspa on Xbox it's probably me.