Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Was announced a few weeks ago, reboot of the franchise set in the modern era. Much more grounded and more like Battlefield/Rainbow than classic Call of Duty according to the devs 

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looks banging. Heard from various Youtubers that the gameplay is much more tactical and deliberate than just charging round with an exosuit type thing. May even break my own rule and pre order it. 

Pre-ordering games is the biggest scam going, don't fall for the trap. Wait until unbiased people have played and reviewed it.

Graphics look pretty mad, although there will be the inevitable downgrade.

The original CoD4:MW was excellent and was the last shooter I properly played both single-player and online. Hopefully we'll see them going back to basics and including a solid single-player campaign as well as the 2019 multiplayer micro-transaction horsesh*t.

52 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pre-ordering games is the biggest scam going, don't fall for the trap. Wait until unbiased people have played and reviewed it.

Yeah I'd need to see a lot of good gameplay and details first, I haven't pre-ordered a game in about 10 years so it would need to be phenomenal. Plus you've got to take into account it'll probably be massively broken for the first few days anyway before they release patches so you never really miss out on anything by waiting a week or so anyway. 

40 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Graphics look pretty mad, although there will be the inevitable downgrade.

I've read a fair bit about the development (oh god I'm sad) and they've built an entirely new engine for it including new industry leading graphics - the night vision is photorealistic realistic now. The trailers are filmed all on a PS4 pro as well.

Edited by Stadt

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, please don't fall for the yearly CoD hype train. It's exactly what they want. If you pre order games in 2019, you're an absolute mug. 

It'll be "ok" on release with the slow introduction of aggressive glorified slot machines and pay to win loot boxes later on down the line when reviewers have reviewed the game. 

This franchise is a cancer on the gaming industry and it's only going to get worse until regulation is introduced to stop these clowns. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

No way I'd pre-order any game nowadays, it's pointless. You'll get the game on release day, as well as the added pre-order bonuses normally. The last game I regretted not pre-ordering was GTA 4, as that seemed to sell out all over Leicester. I'm not aware of any gaming shortages ever since then, it seems supermarkets have thousands of copies and there are plenty more online shops now than there was back in 2008.

On 04/07/2019 at 22:01, Adster said:

Come on guys, please don't fall for the yearly CoD hype train. It's exactly what they want. If you pre order games in 2019, you're an absolute mug. 

It'll be "ok" on release with the slow introduction of aggressive glorified slot machines and pay to win loot boxes later on down the line when reviewers have reviewed the game. 

This franchise is a cancer on the gaming industry and it's only going to get worse until regulation is introduced to stop these clowns. 

Right.  The only games studios anyone should even consider pre-ordering for are Nintendo (because let's be honest it's a Nintendo title, you'll be buying it eventually anyway and who knows when or even if the price will ever drop), CDPR (because they seem to be a genuinely respectable company that haven't yet milked the fans with a half finished project, small add-ons that could have easily been in the launch release and tons of superflous mxc) and Larian if you're into your CRPGs because their games are always great.

I still wouldn't but those are the ones that feel you could justify it for.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:01, Adster said:

Fornite is a lot worse of a cancer to the gaming industry than a yearly release of a CoD.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Fornite is a lot worse of a cancer to the gaming industry than a yearly release of a CoD.

Go on. Explain please? 

Look forward to your explanation on this. 

Edited by Adster

59 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well it's a lot more volatile than a yearly release of CoD and partnering with Avengers and the such to promote there in game vbucks its a pure scandal.

Can you please explain why you are comparing a game that is Free to Play, has a relatively fair monetisation strategy that allows you to earn in game currency to purchase the next battle pass, with a game franchise that psychologically manipulates young children by shady pay to win loot boxes, whilst having to pay the a full £50 entry fee?

35 minutes ago, Adster said:

Can you please explain why you are comparing a game that is Free to Play, has a relatively fair monetisation strategy that allows you to earn in game currency to purchase the next battle pass, with a game franchise that psychologically manipulates young children by shady pay to win loot boxes, whilst having to pay the a full £50 entry fee?

CoD loot boxes are nothing compared to the skins, emotes and outfits etc that Fortnite push out to the young fanbase.

Free to play seems like a great marketing tool they have utilised allowing the game to be downloaded onto any console, smartphone or pc so there audience is a lot larger for starters, not to mention that CoD has an age rating of 17 so any young children playing really shouldn't be, while the marketing machine that is Fortnite allows children as young as 12 to run around like headless chicken learning absolutely nothing in the process.

17 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

What you buy on fortnite has no purpose in game. You gain 0 advantage. 

Hardly the same same as COD / FIFA is it?

True but it's how they market it to kids, Fortnite average vbuck purchases are around 2million pounds PER DAY!! Astonishing 

On 12/07/2019 at 15:08, Ross-Kemp said:

What you buy on fortnite has no purpose in game. You gain 0 advantage. 

Hardly the same same as COD / FIFA is it?

That's my main gripe with COD. They start off with purely cosmetic stuff in the supply drops but then eventually start adding in weapons that you can only get in these loot boxes.

On 13/07/2019 at 08:21, whoareyaaa said:

True but it's how they market it to kids, Fortnite average vbuck purchases are around 2million pounds PER DAY!! Astonishing 

Yes but in Fortnite, you get what you pay for. It's as simple as that. You do not have to spin the virtual slot machine for a chance of getting said item. You either buy the item, or earn the item through the battle pass. You know exactly what you are getting. And the entry fee for the take is £0. I get the game is a bit bandwagon and aimed at kids, but overall the monetisation is about fair. 

With CoD, you pay a high entry fee for the game. The game then confuses you now with several types of loot boxes which are now pay to win because the scummy execs at Activision have filled them with weapons. 

Just go and Google Black Ops 4 and look at the latest news about all the META weapons being in loot boxes. Why do you think they've done that? Its pathetic the way they, and EA in FIFA, prey in manipulating kids through gambling and in game advantages. The industry had the chance to regulate itself on these loot boxes but didn't. The government will soon be stepping in.

This game will be the same as it fools people using nostalgia. Every new CoD game we get a forum thread on here where people say "oh year..this cod actually looks good this year!" (See CoD WW2 for example). It then gets released, and its utter garbage and is then filled with scummy loot boxes and ridiculous monetization for things that used to be free, like a simple red dot sight for example. 

There is literally no comparison between CoD and Fortnites monetization.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yes but in Fortnite, you get what you pay for. It's as simple as that. You do not have to spin the virtual slot machine for a chance of getting said item. You either buy the item, or earn the item through the battle pass. You know exactly what you are getting. And the entry fee for the take is £0. I get the game is a bit bandwagon and aimed at kids, but overall the monetisation is about fair. 

With CoD, you pay a high entry fee for the game. The game then confuses you now with several types of loot boxes which are now pay to win because the scummy execs at Activision have filled them with weapons. 

Just go and Google Black Ops 4 and look at the latest news about all the META weapons being in loot boxes. Why do you think they've done that? Its pathetic the way they, and EA in FIFA, prey in manipulating kids through gambling and in game advantages. The industry had the chance to regulate itself on these loot boxes but didn't. The government will soon be stepping in.

This game will be the same as it fools people using nostalgia. Every new CoD game we get a forum thread on here where people say "oh year..this cod actually looks good this year!" (See CoD WW2 for example). It then gets released, and its utter garbage and is then filled with scummy loot boxes and ridiculous monetization for things that used to be free, like a simple red dot sight for example. 

Fair enough mate, I haven't played many of the recent CoD's when I used to play it they didn't have none of those loot boxes you mention, plus my mates kid is always asking for vbucks for the latest skin or w/e they buy but I guess its optional and won't give the player an advantage, so point taken. 

On 20/07/2019 at 07:37, Adster said:

I despise micro transactions but in MWR remastered and WWII I've not felt like I'm disadvantaged because I don't pour money into it. WWII was actually a decent game in the end because the devs overhauled it halfway through. Infinity Ward have gotten it basically spot on so far, microtransactions will be in the game but it'll be activision pulling the strings there.

I think the main problem with Fortnite is it's just not very good. :ph34r: Blackout is actually a superior BR for me, and Apex is the way forward anyway.

But anyway, does look they've shook it up a bit. I am not convinced yet though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1