Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ah ok just seen this.  Still wondering if it's a cooling issue if lower settings work.

Could be - I'll give it a bit of a clean out and see if there's anything obvious when I get a chance. Not had an issue before, but I'll run some tests.

I'm in this for the long haul, so I'll have a tinker about - sure it's something simple that's causing the problem.

I've taken the day off tomorrow...drop the kids at school, grab a beer and then have a good 6 hour COD session...just like the old days  :thumbup: 

5 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

I’m pretty sure it didn’t let me play without updating my gpu drivers, but have you made sure you’re bang up to date?

Yes - all up to date. Defragged/cleaned up everything. Checked for background apps, temperatures are fine, fixed files via the site...

Just gone on to the Activision live chat...waited in a queue for 4 hours, sent my DxDiag and system info files. 

Guess what they told me to do?

Absolutely loving this, it's the best COD since MW2 I reckon. Some of the maps suck a fat one, but the gameplay and balancing more than make up for it. Hackney Yard is my favourite map in ages

I play on Xbox One and had a recurring glitch last night where my killstreak rewards were either reset to default during games (but appeared as I set them in the menu), and on one match it had set them to 3 I've never chosen before. Anyone else had this?

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

On 06/11/2019 at 15:09, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

M4 doesn't seem too bad, powerful but a bit tricky to control. 725 yeah that needs a nerf, I've been killed a mile off with that shotgun

Ahhhh. The memories of the MW2 Remington shotgun akimbos. You could snipe someone with those damn shotguns.lol

Im enjoying this more than the last few COD's but still hasnt gripped me. I turned to Battlefield after MW2/Black Ops.  I think the last COD I bought before this was Advanced Warfare and I played that for less than 1 hour.

It's not as frustrating but I think the love for COD has been lost for me.

12 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Is this worth buying?

If you haven't enjoyed the other cod's recently then I can't see this really changing your mind. It's a decent game like the other cod's but a bit like a Mcdonald's its easily forgettable. 

The single player is quite good though. Just completed it on realism and it looked great on my xbox one x with the shiny QLED TV. HDR on the night missions looked brilliant and the lack of hud made it look so much better. I wouldn't pay full price for the game but if you can go halves with someone if you use the gameshare on your xbox then it's probably worth chucking 30 quid at. 

16 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Is this worth buying?

I'd say definitely if you enjoyed MW1-3, it's a return to the basics but it looks and plays way better than any COD before now. There's a few huge maps for Ground War mode too, like Battlefield, and there's also some tiny maps that are just for 1v1 and 2v2 modes

It's still infuriating, and it's not really anything ground-breaking but it's a damn good shooter. Plus, you can play with your mates across Xbox/PS4/PC

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'd say definitely if you enjoyed MW1-3, it's a return to the basics but it looks and plays way better than any COD before now. There's a few huge maps for Ground War mode too, like Battlefield, and there's also some tiny maps that are just for 1v1 and 2v2 modes

It's still infuriating, and it's not really anything ground-breaking but it's a damn good shooter. Plus, you can play with your mates across Xbox/PS4/PC

17 hours ago, Christoph said:

If you haven't enjoyed the other cod's recently then I can't see this really changing your mind. It's a decent game like the other cod's but a bit like a Mcdonald's its easily forgettable. 

The single player is quite good though. Just completed it on realism and it looked great on my xbox one x with the shiny QLED TV. HDR on the night missions looked brilliant and the lack of hud made it look so much better. I wouldn't pay full price for the game but if you can go halves with someone if you use the gameshare on your xbox then it's probably worth chucking 30 quid at. 

Cheers guys, really not been impressed with the most recent ones, but think I'll go buy it this weekend!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Starting to get those old frustrated feelings back! 

I shoot them for what seems a life time getting so many hit markers and they dont die. But I die instantaneously. 

I'm getting so many assists but hardly any kills! 

One underrated aspect of Battlefield it's is scoring system. Even if you're sh*t, you can still feel like you contribute something based on some assists being worth as much as kills.

And yep, that's every FPS ever I'm afraid. Cod just especially bad for it.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

One underrated aspect of Battlefield it's is scoring system. Even if you're sh*t, you can still feel like you contribute something based on some assists being worth as much as kills.

And yep, that's every FPS ever I'm afraid. Cod just especially bad for it.

I do miss that about battlefield. I enjoy playing the objective. But most people on COD just care about KD and fancy sniping. 

On 20/11/2019 at 17:51, CollinsLCFC said:

Starting to get those old frustrated feelings back! 

I shoot them for what seems a life time getting so many hit markers and they dont die. But I die instantaneously. 

I'm getting so many assists but hardly any kills! 

Can only play hardcore for this reason, so frustrating.

I'm enjoying it but just not had the time to properly sink in. Not bought a CoD since Black Ops II which I thought was abit colourful, flashy and arcadey; the rest just seemed to get progressively worse and so lost all interest but this is just what I've been waiting for. Gun customisation is superb, graphics are fresh but down to earth, general feel to me is proper CoD but mixed in with oldschool Battlefield with the bigger maps, vehicles and different feeling gunplay.

I am struggling to get a 2v2 team & squads going ect though. Managed to get one other person to buy it and have someone else who plays but they're both on PS and I'm xbox - crossplay against PC players seems unbalanced and I have another problem in that my headphones are very good but they dont have a chat wire, the wire for them is detachable but its 2.5mm to 3.5mm and one end has a locking feature which goes into the headphones, so I need to find that specific cable with a mic attachment or buy headphones which arent as good just to chat.

Havent found it too campy yet anyway. My style of play has always been speed to get in behind, clear shop and stealth to disappear for the next ambush, so anyone sat camping is eventually going to have me and my silenced MP5 popping 3 shots in the back of their heads.

Had my first go on Ground War last night. Sniper heaven. Got absolutely annihilated 

Hardpoint is still my go to game. Top of every match just because I get over 2:30 mins in the hardpoint. Makes me laugh when so many players just hover around the hardpoint picking up kills rather than actually catching the hardpoint. 

Are people still bothered about their K/D ratio? 

35 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Had my first go on Ground War last night. Sniper heaven. Got absolutely annihilated 

Hardpoint is still my go to game. Top of every match just because I get over 2:30 mins in the hardpoint. Makes me laugh when so many players just hover around the hardpoint picking up kills rather than actually catching the hardpoint. 

Are people still bothered about their K/D ratio? 

@Stadt ?

• Haha 1

On 24/11/2019 at 06:37, Stephen Hughes said:

Can only play hardcore for this reason, so frustrating.

Do you play hardcore or realism mode? There's a difference isn't there? Will be picking this up in a couple of weekends time, I've got a week off work without the Mrs around so I can sink some time into this.