Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

On 10/07/2019 at 18:26, Adster said:

Can you please explain why you are comparing a game that is Free to Play, has a relatively fair monetisation strategy that allows you to earn in game currency to purchase the next battle pass, with a game franchise that psychologically manipulates young children by shady pay to win loot boxes, whilst having to pay the a full £50 entry fee?

Haha I've just seen this. sorry Adster you've had a mare here you cannot call out any game for manipulating kids over Fortnite.

The Playground culture of kids trying to one up each other for the best skins and equipment Fortnight has managed to create is the most  brilliant bit of child mindset manipulation in gaming history, this is the reason the games free, and why it's presented in the way it is graphically, so it reaches it's target audience on mass who then bleed money out of their parents who don't actually understand the uselessness of the items they are buying. It's ok for adult players like you who can indeed be content with earning the items of the battle pass but children do not think like that and Epic know that, what was it, £27 for one of the skins at one point? Imagine being the only kid in the playground with that.  

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with if it, if your a soulless corporation manipulating kids mindsets is a great way to make money, all other forms of products aimed at kids do it so why shouldn't a game do it but lets not pretend they aren't doing it. COD on the other hand, not that I am standing up for their game model and you are very correct to call out aspects of what they have done, carries an 18+ certificate and from what I've seen has done nothing to push it's product on a young audience.  

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Big reveal of the multiplayer tomorrow which should give a better idea of how it'll actually play than the 2v2 mode they showed previously. Hopefully it looks good

I did see a clip couple of days ago of players entering multiplayer maps via helicopter. Looked decent

No minimap is a bit annoying. Hopefully they get so much flak during the beta they at least add an inactive one (so no teammates or red dots)

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2019 at 07:51, Adster said:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/596155-modern-warfare-loot-boxes-spotted-beta-infuriating-community

lol told you so. 

**** Activision and this franchise. Legislation is coming. 

I'm with you on Activision, sure, but aren't you the guy that was defending Fortnite? The single biggest manipulator of children for profit on the planet (including FIFA.)

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm with you on Activision, sure, but aren't you the guy that was defending Fortnite? The single biggest manipulator of children for profit on the planet (including FIFA.)

Not directly defending Fortnite, just comparing the differences in monetisation as they don't choose to subject kids to gambling in video games. At least in fortnite, you get what you pay for. It's still OTT i'll admit.

Companies like Activision and EA (**** EA) have had more than enough time to regulate themselves but their too busy exploiting kids whose minds haven't fully developed yet to make a quick buck. The fact that the ESA, PEGI and the ESRB continue to rate games like Fifa, and more recently, NBA2k20 (that literally has ****ing slot machines in it) at 3/E for Everyone is complete ****ing garbage as well. 

10 minutes ago, Adster said:

Not directly defending Fortnite, just comparing the differences in monetisation as they don't choose to subject kids to gambling in video games. At least in fortnite, you get what you pay for. It's still OTT i'll admit.

Companies like Activision and EA (**** EA) have had more than enough time to regulate themselves but their too busy exploiting kids whose minds haven't fully developed yet to make a quick buck. The fact that the ESA, PEGI and the ESRB continue to rate games like Fifa, and more recently, NBA2k20 (that literally has ****ing slot machines in it) at 3/E for Everyone is complete ****ing garbage as well. 

They're literally all as bad as each other. 

Nobody will defend loot crates but having played COD solidly really for most of the last decade, loot crates in COD are a lot more subtle, a lot less necessary and a lot more irrelevant than in FIFA and a lot less money is spent on them than on Fortnite currency. 

Fortnite is a ****ing disease mate. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're literally all as bad as each other. 

Nobody will defend loot crates but having played COD solidly really for most of the last decade, loot crates in COD are a lot more subtle, a lot less necessary and a lot more irrelevant than in FIFA and a lot less money is spent on them than on Fortnite currency. 

Fortnite is a ****ing disease mate. 

Can't disagree with you there! I still hate everything about the game. I have an 8 year old nephew who is obsessed with it along with the bandwagon youtube culture that comes with it. 

With COD, it's not just the loot boxes and gloryified gambling. As a long term player I'm sure you understand the sheer ****ing annoyance of having to pay for attachments in an in-game shop where previously attachments such as these were unlockable through gameplay? I used to play COD solidly also but I refuse to support or give any money to these companies who are more interested in monetisation rather than innovation. COD used to be an innovator, a trend setter. Now it's a bandwagoner. A follower. 

I don't have the latest BLOPS so I don't know what the state of play is. 

I'm master prestige in WW2, I've got every gun in the game, attachments aren't a problem, most of the skins, camos, calling cards, etc. 

I have literally never spent a penny on cod loot boxes in my life. FIFA, I'm not proud to admit I've spent **** loads on packs in my time. 

But COD, nah. Of all the franchises, cod is the one you least need the loot crates or DLC out of everything I've played tbh. 

Like I said, that's BLOPS aside but I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay real money for weapon attachments or I'd have heard about it from a friend that's got it? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/09/2019 at 21:02, Finnegan said:

I don't have the latest BLOPS so I don't know what the state of play is. 

I'm master prestige in WW2, I've got every gun in the game, attachments aren't a problem, most of the skins, camos, calling cards, etc. 

I have literally never spent a penny on cod loot boxes in my life. FIFA, I'm not proud to admit I've spent **** loads on packs in my time. 

But COD, nah. Of all the franchises, cod is the one you least need the loot crates or DLC out of everything I've played tbh. 

Like I said, that's BLOPS aside but I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay real money for weapon attachments or I'd have heard about it from a friend that's got it? 

New blops was sneaky, hardly any to begin with, then they snuck them slowly and now nearly every mode you can gain an advantage by spending money. Fortunately I’d moved on to apex before they polluted blackout.

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Be nice if the bastard c unt EVER DOWNLOADS, took 4 hours just to install the add on bit that was mandatory befor the actual install.

I’ve got a wired connection as well 

I’m having the same problem lol hoping it’s done for when the Leicester game finishes

On 26/10/2019 at 19:31, Lcfc-1992 said:

Anyone played this yet? I can’t find team death match :dunno: been playing ground war and I’m not keen with 32 players a side, dying more than usual lol

You'll need to go through quickplay, but filter on just Team Deathmatch - I think!