Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Foxes Stars Report Back At Belvoir Drive

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They are. Think its another week. Then it won't be ages until Wilf is back. 

Yes, Monday for the England U21's. Wilf could be away until early August. So we may as well plan the first couple of games without him. Hamza can get his chance to impress early on. Or we'll see Mendy.

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They are. Think its another week. Then it won't be ages until Wilf is back. 

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, Monday for the England U21's. Wilf could be away until early August. So we may as well plan the first couple of games without him. Hamza can get his chance to impress early on. Or we'll see Mendy.

Thanks! 

Only ask as I saw Maddison was still on holiday! Hopefully him, Hamza and Barnes have still been keeping fit and can slot back in.

Agree RE Wilf, if Nigeria continue to progress then he'll be back late.  But Hamza should be able to replace Wilf for a few games anyhow.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hopefully him, Hamza and Barnes have still been keeping fit and can slot back in.

Madders has been ten pin bowling if that counts? lol 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1275936/day-two-diary-viktor-johansson/featured?fbclid=IwAR1t-9U_E63Ao4AoZMr4l4h4iEg5udIbCWWpyPS3gUcJW5Y68lKAUofh2gA

Day Two Diary: Viktor Johansson
PRE-SEASON
Published 17 hrs 47 mins ago

Young goalkeeper Viktor Johansson writes the second daily diary from the Leicester City training camp in Évian-les-Bains, and explains why fracturing his back in four places made him mentally stronger…
ByViktor Johansson

This is my first pre-season trip with the Club and I’m really enjoying it. Everyone’s really nice and familiar with me. The other Under-23s lads have helped me a lot, too. Josh Knight and George Thomas have been away with the first team, so that’s been helpful for me to settle.

My aim this week is to get as fit as I can, and to get close with everyone. The time together helps a lot. You learn a lot on the pitch and off the pitch, how to act and stuff. On the pitch, it’s early days yet, but you have to play the best to be as best as you can.

Training’s worked really well. There’s five of us here, so some days people do more than others, and vice versa. Today, me and Eldin stepped out and Daniel, Kasper and Wardy went into the small-sided games, so we got a rest.

The range of experiences between us is great. You get everything you need from Kasper, Wardy and Eldin. From a playing point of view, I learn massively from them every day. They come up with tips every time we train, which is good for me.

Expand photo Viktor Johansson
Over the summer, I spent time with my family and friends. I relaxed and went home to Stockholm and went to the north of Sweden with my girlfriend, which was nice. She’s from Umeå but she lives in Leicester with me now, too.

I’ve been in England since I was 15, just about to turn 16. I had a few obstacles like my back. In my first season, I was out for ages and I struggled loads. But, it turned good, and I came to Leicester.

Hopefully, touch wood, that was the biggest injury I’ll ever have. I had four stress fractures in my back. I had surgery and the doctor said I could never play football again. It was a tough period and I was only 16 and alone.

Expand photo Viktor Johansson
I got so mentally strong after that year. That was a big, big hurdle. Actually, I can call it a mountain. The rehab was about 13 months, so it was a long time. I was stuck inside and the boys were out playing football. I’d go back into my room and it was tough.

After my surgery, I was allowed to go home for a few months to do my rehab. I couldn’t walk for two weeks, but everything’s very good here, it’s beautiful, and it makes me thankful that I’m here.

All the boys are really great. When we have a bit of spare time at the hotel, I’ve been playing some table tennis and some darts. I’m learning darts at the moment. I’m not good, but I’m learning! It’s between me and George Thomas who’s best at table tennis. I’m going to say I’m better. He won the first game on the first day, but now we’re drawing 4-4 in games.

Tack för att ni läste,

Viktor.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1277338/day-three-diary-papy-mendy/featured

Day Three Diary: Papy Mendy
PRE-SEASON
Published 10 Jul 19

French midfielder Papy Mendy writes the third diary from Leicester City’s Évian-les-Bains camp, while away with the Foxes in his homeland.
ByPapy Mendy

Bonjour, mes amis!

It’s been a good few days in Évian. Tough, but good. That is normal because that’s what happens in pre-season. It’s necessary if you want to make a good season. The sessions have been big, with a big intensity with the ball and without the ball. We’ve been running and working on possession with a lot of intensity. This is good work for us.

We have a game coming up against Scunthorpe and this is good because we’ve been training well in this camp. I think in this camp, we’ve created a good connection between ourselves, on and off the pitch. We are impatient to play our first game!

Expand photo Papy Mendy
After the sessions and at lunch, I have been relaxing in my room. Me, Ricardo, Rachid and Youri have all been playing Uno – I win every time! It’s an easy card game for kids, and the loser gets their ears flicked. It’s funny, we’ve been enjoying ourselves and it’s good to chill.

I’ve already spent some time in France this summer. I went to Dubai for two weeks with my son Ayaan, and my wife, and one week in the Seychelles with my wife. After, I stayed in France to be ready for pre-season. I did some running, cycling, upper-body and lower-body work in the south in my city, Toulon. I still have a lot of friends and family there – my mother, brother and sister are all out there.

Expand photo Papy Mendy
I miss my wife and son a lot, but this is the job. We have to enjoy our careers because in football, it’s very short, maybe 15 years. It’s a sacrifice, but it’s good.

Work will continue for us now. The 11-a-side games have been tough because it’s a big space to cover, but it’s good for our bodies and the connection between us.

À bientôt!

Papy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

PRE-SEASON
Published 10 Jul 19

French midfielder Papy Mendy writes the third diary from Leicester City’s Évian-les-Bains camp, while away with the Foxes in his homeland.
ByPapy Mendy

Bonjour, mes amis!

It’s been a good few days in Évian. Tough, but good. That is normal because that’s what happens in pre-season. It’s necessary if you want to make a good season. The sessions have been big, with a big intensity with the ball and without the ball. We’ve been running and working on possession with a lot of intensity. This is good work for us.

We have a game coming up against Scunthorpe and this is good because we’ve been training well in this camp. I think in this camp, we’ve created a good connection between ourselves, on and off the pitch. We are impatient to play our first game!

Expand photo Papy Mendy
After the sessions and at lunch, I have been relaxing in my room. Me, Ricardo, Rachid and Youri have all been playing Uno – I win every time! It’s an easy card game for kids, and the loser gets their ears flicked. It’s funny, we’ve been enjoying ourselves and it’s good to chill.

I’ve already spent some time in France this summer. I went to Dubai for two weeks with my son Ayaan, and my wife, and one week in the Seychelles with my wife. After, I stayed in France to be ready for pre-season. I did some running, cycling, upper-body and lower-body work in the south in my city, Toulon. I still have a lot of friends and family there – my mother, brother and sister are all out there.

Expand photo Papy Mendy
I miss my wife and son a lot, but this is the job. We have to enjoy our careers because in football, it’s very short, maybe 15 years. It’s a sacrifice, but it’s good.

Work will continue for us now. The 11-a-side games have been tough because it’s a big space to cover, but it’s good for our bodies and the connection between us.

À bientôt!

Papy.

This is a player similar to Amartey ,I have become to like...

After a couple of questionable season's on the books,he returned last season,rekindled his Leicester career,and has played well when asked upon...Both he and Amartey are also the

other unsung type of squad players we desperately need...Who could still shine from the 2nd row,and will end up playing an important gameday role,either has cover,or from the bench,even surprising some and become 1st choice if they can

Cease their chance that might come along...For a consistent high position the squad/team will need rotation ,we do have that quality in these 2 players!!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

PRE-SEASON
Published 10 Jul 19

ByPapy Mendy

Bonjour, mes amis!

Expand photo Papy Mendy

Expand photo Papy Mendy

À bientôt!

Papy.

Ahhh...great to see the ear flicking still lives on....:thumbup:

• Like 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1278143/day-five-diary-ricardo-pereira/featured

Day Five Diary: Ricardo Pereira

PRE-SEASON

Published 13 mins ago

2 MinutesReading time

Ricardo Pereira writes this week’s penultimate player diary, and answers the all-important question – who’s the best Uno player in the squad?

ByRicardo Pereira

Olá!

It’s been a good trip. It’s my first time in Évian. I didn’t come here last year because of the World Cup and I only arrived back when we went to Austria. It’s been good to be together and to start from the beginning of the season with the new manager.

For the new players, I think it’s important to be together to start to be together off the pitch. JJ and Ayo have been well received by the squad. I remember Ayo scored against us last year! They’ve already settled in, they joke with everybody and they talk with everybody. I feel like they are a part of us already. It’s always good to add quality to the squad because that will help us achieve something special.

It was nice to get the batteries recharged yesterday, to get going again for the final two days. We want to finish the week well with good work. We know it’s important now to do good work so that when you arrive at the season, you’re in good shape.

We are looking forward to our games now. We want to play and that’s why we train – to bring that training to the game. It’s important to have that challenge with different teams and different players. Sometimes you need the games to see things that you don’t see in training, and that gives you a chance to correct things.  

After lunch and dinner, as you know, we’ve been playing Uno. I know Papysays he’s won every game, but I imagine only he says that! Normally, it changes as to who loses. The first day, it was Youri, then it was me, and yesterday it was Papy - his ears were sore this morning! Rachid has been the best this time.

Papy’s not the best for sure – he’s probably the same quality, but I’m a little bit better than the others! I’m the first, I know that, but we would all say we’re the best. On that basis, you know someone is lying, and it’s not me!

I feel good. Last week was difficult but that’s normal. Even if you do some work over the holidays like I did, it’s still different to training every day like we have been doing. That’s normal and we know why we’re doing it. We’ll continue like this, and every week, it will be easier for us.

Obrigado por lerem,

Ricky P.

• Like 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1277696/day-four-diary-ayoze-prez/featured

Day Four Diary: Ayoze Pérez

PRE-SEASON

Published 23 hrs 4 mins ago

1 MinuteReading time

After a day of gym and pool work, summer arrival Ayoze Pérez writes the latest player diary as he explains why his time in Évian has helped him settle at Leicester City.

ByAyoze Pérez

Hola!

It’s been a great week of hard work. We’ve had a couple of tough sessions but I’m feeling good that I’m part of the process.

It’s been good to get to know some of the lads. At lunch, I’ve been sat with Christian, Çağs and some of the other lads. It’s good to find out stuff about each other. Wherever we’ve been and we’ve got a chance to speak, the guys have been brilliant with me. They’ve been trying to find out little bits about me, so it’s been a great week for me.

This is first time I’ve ever been to France! I didn’t expect it to be so beautiful. It’s a nice place and a great place to be in pre-season. You can work hard, but you’ve also got some good views as well. It’s a good mix, but the most important thing is our preparation.

I’ve spent a couple of hours a day with some of the lads. Sometimes you need to chill out because of the training. During lunch and dinner, and even training, I’ve been able to get to know my team-mates. 

Today, it’s been a great day! We didn’t expect to have a day like this. It’s been a tough few days and the team has done well. We’re getting fit step-by-step and that’s what we’re looking for. Today was a different session with a bit of strength work, and then heading to the pool.

There’s still a couple of days to go, but it’s brilliant for me to get to know other people. We want to keep our preparation going because a special day is coming soon.

Hasta luego,

Ayo.

• Like 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1278311/day-six-diary-wes-morgan/featured

Day Six Diary: Wes Morgan
PRE-SEASON
Published 1 hr 44 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Leicester City captain Wes Morgan rounds off our series of player diaries as the Foxes return to England following six days of pre-season training in Évian-les-Bains.
ByWes Morgan

Leicester’s Stay In Évian Comes To An End

Hello everyone.

It’s been a tough week in Évian, that’s for sure. We’ve done a lot of good work and it’s been good to be together, to get to know each other and to meet the new players.

We’ve been working hard on the pitch and off the pitch, focusing on our team values, principles, identity and what we want to achieve this season.

Expand photo Wes Morgan
It’s always nice to end the week by seeing where our fitness levels are, too, with a 11-a-side game taking place this morning. It was very competitive.

It’s a match tempo, both teams want to win, and we’ve been giving it our all. It’s a good benchmark to see where our fitness is and how we’ve progressed so far this pre-season.

Expand photo Wes Morgan
In the first week back, you sometimes get muscle soreness and it’s obviously hard being introduced back. We were doing a lot of work on our legs and at that stage, and we weren’t quite used to it.

Now, in our second week, we feel good and feel like our fitness is getting back. The first two weeks are always tough but then you feel the benefits of what you’ve done so far.

Thanks for reading,

Wes.