Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

25 Man Squad for 2019/20

On 08/08/2019 at 11:14, FireFox said:

Kasper/Ward/Jaku  

Ricardo/(JJ)  

Evans/Benko/Amartey    

Soyuncu/Morgan 

Chilwell/Fuchs  

Ndidi/Hamza/Mendy

Perez/Gray

Tielemans/Praet/Silva

Maddison/Ghezzal

Albrighton/Barnes 

Vardy/Iheanacho/Slimani 

That is 26 senior players. We will cut at least one more, from: Amartey, Mendy, Ghezzal, Silva, or Slimani.

Amartey is probably needed as 5th choice CB and then can cover DM, meaning we don't necessarily need Mendy as 3rd choice there. Silva might be 3rd choice there anyway as seen in pre-season. Fuchs also mentioned Silva as underrated in his interview with Geoff Peters/talkSPORT. Although I could see him wanting to leave, as Praet already made the bench ahead of him. One of Ghezzal or Slimani could also leave with little effect, but they might be harder to move on. 

Diabate is surely leaving, right? Kapi is injured, I think. And so too James, so staying, unless we can loan him to League One.

Updated, assuming King leaves... and moved Ghezzal from the wing to backup for #10.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2019 at 00:03, FireFox said:

Thought this would be a bit useful to see, when considering outgoings and where we need improvement.

In bold are players likely in match day squads of the 11 starters + 7 on the bench  (+1 extra)

1. Schmeichel
  2. Ward
  3. Jakupovic (maybe?)

4. Maguire (hopefully?)
  5. Evans
  6. Morgan
  7. Soyuncu
  8. Benkovic

9. Ricardo
  10. Chilwell
    Justin (U21)
  11. Fuchs

12. Ndidi
  13. Tielemans (likely)
  14. Mendy
  15. Choudhury
  16. Amartey (maybe?)
    Silva (doubtful?)
    James and King (doubtful)

17. Maddison
  18. Barnes
  19. Albrighton
  20. Gray
  21. Ghezzal (maybe? replace with new winger?)
    Kapustka (maybe)
    Diabate (doubtful)

22. Vardy
  23. Perez
  24. Iheanacho
  25. Slimani (maybe?)

“Under 21 Player” means a Player under the age of 21 as at 1 January in the year in which the Season concerned commences (i.e. for Season 2019/2020 born on or after 1 January 1998)

So from that list, the following have gone:-

Maguire

Silva

King

Ghezzal

Slimani

James and Kapustka have long term injuries, which would probably mean they could be excluded from any squad until January.  Justin is Under 21.

That leaves 23 - and includes Diabate and Amartey, who were expected to move:-

1. Schmeichel

2. Ward

3. Jakupovic

4. Evans

5. Morgan

6. Soyuncu

7. Benkovic

8. Ricardo

9. Chilwell

10. Fuchs

11. Ndidi

12. Tielemans

13. Mendy

14. Choudhury

15. Amartey

16. Maddison

17. Barnes

18. Albrighton

19. Gray

20. Diabate

21. Vardy

22. Perez

23. Iheanacho

So, there is probably room to name James and Kapustka, if we wanted to. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

3 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

So from that list, the following have gone:-

Maguire

Silva

King

Ghezzal

Slimani

James and Kapustka have long term injuries, which would probably mean they could be excluded from any squad until January.  Justin is Under 21.

That leaves 23 - and includes Diabate and Amartey, who were expected to move:-

1. Schmeichel

2. Ward

3. Jakupovic

4. Evans

5. Morgan

6. Soyuncu

7. Benkovic

8. Ricardo

9. Chilwell

10. Fuchs

11. Ndidi

12. Tielemans

13. Mendy

14. Choudhury

15. Amartey

16. Maddison

17. Barnes

18. Albrighton

19. Gray

20. Diabate

21. Vardy

22. Perez

23. Iheanacho

So, there is probably room to name James and Kaputska, if we wanted to. 

I guess James will be in the 25, not sure about Kapustka, I would have thought one of the Development squad would be preferred.

I'm pleased that Amartey and Diabate are still there.  Amartey gives us options in defence and midfield and Diabate is still young enough to fulfill the potential he showed when he first came, especially under a better 'man manager' than Puel.

Update:  Diabate may be on his way to Amiens, with a late registration to be confimed by the French FA.

Edited by bald reynard

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Paperwork got put in just before the deadline, hopefully not another Silva scenario

Thanks, Moore.  I hadn't seen that.  Well, as you say, only a 22 man squad now.  Room for James, Kapustka or some of the 'Over 21's' from the Development squad.

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I'm confused. Isn't Justin excluded for being Under 21? So he doesn't count towards the 25 squad.

If he did, he would be guaranteed a place, not even up for discussion. He has been named in every squad so far.

Maybe Brendan is leaving room for someone to potentially join up in January?

Yeah you're correct. This year the U21 list is limited to anyone born in 1998 or later, and Justin is the only first team player who fits that bill.

Matty James will almost certainly be named in the squad given BR's comments about his quality the other day. That leaves a 25th and final space, which could be given to Kapustka, George Thomas or Raul Uche. I strongly doubt the club would fancy any of the currently available free agents.

If the club had somebody ready to join in January, they can be registered straight away, and someone else can be deselected for the 25 man squad which isn't confirmed until the start of February.

@Outfox the Fox appears to be missing Dennis Praet from his list.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Yeah you're correct. This year the U21 list is limited to anyone born in 1998 or later, and Justin is the only first team player who fits that bill.

Matty James will almost certainly be named in the squad given BR's comments about his quality the other day. That leaves a 25th and final space, which could be given to Kapustka, George Thomas or Raul Uche. I strongly doubt the club would fancy any of the currently available free agents.

If the club had somebody ready to join in January, they can be registered straight away, and someone else can be deselected for the 25 man squad which isn't confirmed until the start of February.

@Outfox the Fox appears to be missing Dennis Praet from his list.

Yep, well spotted!  As Moore has said, Diabate is likely to be on his way, so with Praet in the squad instead of him, we are back to 23.  I agree James will be in, so 1 space for an Over 21 in the Under 23 squad. It probably won't be Kapustka, who isn't even back in full training yet.  It could be any one of a number - yes, possibly George Thomas, but there's also Darnell Johnson. I don't think it will be Uche.  George Hirst might also be in the squad, I think he is still classed as U21. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

26 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Yep, well spotted!  As Moore has said, Diabate is likely to be on his way, so with Praet in the squad instead of him, we are back to 23.  I agree James will be in, so 1 space for an Over 21 in the Under 23 squad. It probably won't be Kapustka, who isn't even back in full training yet.  It could be any one of a number - yes, possibly George Thomas, but there's also Darnell Johnson. I don't think it will be Uche.  George Hirst might also be in the squad, I think he is still classed as U21. 

Johnson was born in 1998 so he's in the same boat as Hirst, he doesn't need to be in the 25 man squad.

Only those three I named are 'overage' in that sense. I'd guess it could well be Kapustka, given his interviews back in Poland in June suggested Brendan had promised him a first team chance once he recovers from this ACL rupture in the next month or two.

I'd expect we'll find out at some point tonight anyway, the squads are usually published the evening after the window shuts.

So we've got George Thomas, Bartosz Kapustka (Injured) & Raul Uche going for the last spot in the 25 (the likes of Johnson, Hirst, Muskwe, Dewsbury-Hall are all under the age threshold)...gotta be Thomas then.

Edited by LCFC1996

2 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

So from the Premier League Website https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

"Silva, Adrien Sebastien Perruchet
Slimani, Islam"

Gotta think that's an error or they can be replaced being as they left a good while ago...

Looking through the press The Mirror say that squads had to be submitted prior to season commencing but are only announced today. Wtf is that about?

Because we included Silva and Slimani - in case we couldn't get rid of them, and now that we have - we couldn't really have named one of those development players?  

Not that it is likely they would have played for us in the Premier League, but I feel a bit screwed over. Maybe this early close to our transfer window isn't the best idea if our squads need to be finalized while other clubs can still buy from us. (Imagine if we had players on release clauses that were met by Euro clubs!?)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who preferred the early transfer window closed? It's the first time in years that we've been able to get on with a season without distractions and we've benefitted from it.

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Am I the only one who preferred the early transfer window closed? It's the first time in years that we've been able to get on with a season without distractions and we've benefitted from it.

I think it's brilliant, not even from a solely Leicester perspective. Clubs can focus on the games coming up and the news you hear is generally focused on drama from the games rather than transfer bs every few minutes. 

In a way it helps 'smaller' clubs as their can't be leaks that players are being targeted by your opponent conveniently as you're playing them. Not that that stopped "Chelsea linked with Chelsea" prior to us playing them.