Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

25 Man Squad for 2019/20

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That's what happens when some of your fringe squad players are overpaid. It's hard to move them on.

Rudders is having a car-boot sale next week.  Some may need contracts paid up and terminated, as no one will pay a fee for a couple of the 'un-wanted'. Very little value to be had.

I make it 37 players born in 1997 or earlier.

6 of those (Hughes, Knight, Loft, Uche, Thomas, Moore) are almost certain to be loaned out or not registered to play in the PL.

I think we will get 1-2 more players, regardless of the Maguire situation. That means between 7-8 others should leave, most likely to be:

Silva (interest in France)

Diabate (Turkey?)

Slimani (Olympiacos/Sporting)

Kapustka (depends on injury rehab)

Ghezzal (could stay if no winger signed)

James (Championship/L1)

King (Championship)

Elder (Championship/L1)

I also think one of Benkovic or Soyuncu will go out on loan.

Including James Justin who counts as an U21*, it gives us this rough squad:

Schmeichel/Ward/Jakupovic

Ricardo/Justin*

Evans/(Soyuncu or Benkovic)

(Maguire or a CB)/Morgan

Chilwell/Fuchs

Ndidi/Mendy

Tielemans/Choudhury

Maddison/(no.8)

(Winger)/Gray

Vardy/Perez/Iheanacho

Albrighton/Barnes

There'd be room in that squad to register one more, potentially Kapustka if he's not fit enough to get a move before the deadline. No winger gives a possible opportunity to Diabate or Ghezzal.

Of course, the likes of Leshabela and Pascanu are also available from the limitless U21 list.

A reminder that our window closes at 5pm a week on Thursday (8 Aug), but virtually every European window bar Portugal closes on 2 September, so there's plenty of time for outgoings.

The 25 man squads will be published on 3 September.

20 minutes ago, treer said:

If the squad is finalised until september, how does eligibility work during August?

It's just like during the January window -- you just have to be registered at the club. Since the European window (and League 1 and 2) open longer, there theoretically could still be outgoings after the season starts.

• Like 1

Kasper, Ward, Jaku  

Ricardo/(JJ)  

Evans/Morgan/Benko  

Soyuncu/new signing  

Chilwell/Fuchs  

Ndidi/Hamza/Mendy

Perez/Gray/Ghezzal   

Tielemans/Silva  

Maddison/King  

Albrighton/Barnes 

Vardy/Iheanacho/Slimani    

That is 26 senior players. Ignoring any new signings (other than a Maguire replacement), we need to cut one of Jaku, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, King, Silva or Slimani. My choice/guess would be Slimani, as Perez can play as 2nd striker anyway. Amartey and Diabate are likely leaving. Kapi is injured. And so too James, either injured or leaving. 

If a certain ITK is to be believed, we might be looking to get another winger and attacking midfielder. I'm curious to see who we move on for them - Gray/Ghezzal and Silva/Mendy/King.

Was there anymore talk of Mendy leaving? I'm not convinced having only Ndidi and Hamza to play that defensive role; although Silva filled in there with Hamza pushed forward?

Edited by FireFox

On 02/08/2019 at 17:37, FireFox said:

Kasper/Ward/Jaku  

Ricardo/(JJ)  

Evans/Benko/Amartey    

Soyuncu/Morgan 

Chilwell/Fuchs  

Ndidi/Hamza/Mendy

Perez/Gray/Ghezzal 

Tielemans/Praet/Silva   

Maddison/King 

Albrighton/Barnes 

Vardy/Iheanacho/Slimani 

That is 27 senior players. We need to cut two of them, from: Jaku, Amartey, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, King, Silva or Slimani.

Amartey is probably needed as 5th choice CB and then can cover DM, meaning we don't necessarily need Mendy as 3rd choice there. Fuchs mentioned Silva as underrated in his interview with Geoff Peters/talkSPORT.

My first choice/guess of who to cut though would have to be Slimani, as Perez can play as 2nd striker anyway. Then as a guess maybe Ghezzal, as talks of getting rid of him were most recent; but that leaves us heavy in central midfield and light on the wings, and I personally do not want to see a diamond.  

I cannot see Gray or King going abroad. 

Diabate is surely leaving, right? Kapi is injured, I think. And so too James, so staying, unless we can loan him to League One.

We could put together an incredible 3 teams from the squad we have, plus a few leftovers who aren’t exactly ‘young prospects’! Has to be one of the biggest squads in the league..?

First 11:

Kasper

Pereira

Soyuncu

Evans

Chillwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Backup 11:

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Benkovic

Fuchs

Hamza

Praet

Gray

Silva

Barnes

Nacho

3rd Team:

Jakupovic

Johnson (20yo)

Hughes (22yo)

Amartey

Pascanu (20yo)

Mendy

James

Diabate

King

Ghezzal

Slimani

Others: Kaputska 22, Hirst 20, Thomas 22, Leshabala, Uche 21

• Like 2

On 03/08/2019 at 02:07, UPinCarolina said:

Personally think Gray’s time here is at an end. Would like to see Silva moved on, but keep Mendy and Amartey. 

As we didn't sign a winger, I think it's important he stays. No one can really argue he hasn't been given enough time here, but I'd prefer to have him as an option than not over the next 6 months. 

Curious to see if Rodgers can get anything consistent out of him, but highly likely he again won't be able to deliver on a consistent basis and should/will be moved on in January or next summer. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

As we didn't sign a winger, I think it's important he stays. No one can really argue he hasn't been given enough time here, but I'd prefer to have him as an option than not over the next 6 months. 

Curious to see if Rodgers can get anything consistent out of him, but highly likely he again won't be able to deliver on a consistent basis and should/will be moved on in January or next summer. 

Gray was in an England squad last season.  He may struggle to be a starter at Leicester.  I still hope he proves himself here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

We could put together an incredible 3 teams from the squad we have, plus a few leftovers who aren’t exactly ‘young prospects’! Has to be one of the biggest squads in the league..?

First 11:

Kasper

Pereira

Soyuncu

Evans

Chillwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Backup 11:

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Benkovic

Fuchs

Hamza

Praet

Gray

Silva

Barnes

Nacho

3rd Team:

Jakupovic

Johnson (20yo)

Hughes (22yo)

Amartey

Pascanu (20yo)

Mendy

James

Diabate

King

Ghezzal

Slimani

Others: Kaputska 22, Hirst 20, Thomas 22, Leshabala, Uche 21

Good post.... we could sell most of that third team which would also make me quite happy!

This is how I expect it to pan out:

Goalkeepers

Kasper

Ward

Jakupovic 

Defenders

Evans
Soyuncu
Benkovic
Morgan

Ricardo

Justin  

Chilwell

Fuchs  

Defensive Mids 

Ndidi

Hamza

Mendy

Wingers

Gray

Ghezzal
Perez

Barnes
Albrighton

CMF / AMFs

Tielemans

Praet  

Maddison

King 

Forwards

Vardy

Iheanacho

I base that list on us managing to move Silva on. If not, he'll probably nip in ahead of King, which I'm not a fan of given he's already said he doesn't want to be here anymore.

I'd be surprised to see Amartey make the squad, since he's barely featured (even in pre-season) and the following months are more about him getting back to full fitness, which hopefully some run-outs in the two cups or a loan either now or in January will help him acheive. If he does make it though, fair play to him, because I still think he has something to give.

On paper, it's concerning that we only have two out-and-out senior strikers, one of which has yet to convince the fans they're good enough and the other realistically having 2 or 3, maybe 4  seasons max left before they're on the verge of retirement. Yes, I know Perez can slot in, but I would hope that a new frontman is our sole priority for January, because looking at that we've actually got a really healthy and well-balanced 25-man squad otherwise. Maybe a little weak on the wings, but otherwise I'm happy with our overall setup.

Edited by OntarioFox

18 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

This is how I expect it to pan out:

Goalkeepers

Kasper

Ward

Jakupovic 

Defenders

Evans
Soyuncu
Benkovic
Morgan

Ricardo

Justin  

Chilwell

Fuchs  

Defensive Mids 

Ndidi

Hamza

Mendy

Wingers

Gray

Ghezzal
Perez

Barnes
Albrighton

CMF / AMFs

Tielemans

Praet  

Maddison

King 

Forwards

Vardy

Iheanacho

I base that list on us managing to move Silva on. If not, he'll probably nip in ahead of King, which I'm not a fan of given he's already said he doesn't want to be here anymore.

I'd be surprised to see Amartey make the squad, since he's barely featured (even in pre-season) and the following months are more about him getting back to full fitness, which hopefully some run-outs in the two cups or a loan either now or in January will help him acheive. If he does make it though, fair play to him, because I still think he has something to give.

On paper, it's concerning that we only have two out-and-out senior strikers, one of which has yet to convince the fans they're good enough. Yes, I know Perez can slot in, but I would hope that a new frontman is our sole priority for January, because looking at that we've actually got a really healthy and well-balanced 25-man squad otherwise. Maybe a little weak on the wings, but otherwise I'm happy with our overall setup.

Just seen on the outgoings thread that there's rumour of King going to Rangers. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mendy go back to France, although quite happy to keep him. Can also see Amartey going somewhere on loan. If all that happens then potentially can see us keeping hold of Silva for the season. Other than that, wouldn't be sad to see Ghezzal go, cant really see his value to the squad. You've not mentioned Matty James either, again can see him going out on loan, if he can get fit...

8 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Just seen on the outgoings thread that there's rumour of King going to Rangers. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mendy go back to France, although quite happy to keep him. Can also see Amartey going somewhere on loan. If all that happens then potentially can see us keeping hold of Silva for the season. Other than that, wouldn't be sad to see Ghezzal go, cant really see his value to the squad. You've not mentioned Matty James either, again can see him going out on loan, if he can get fit...

Well, my curveball prediction was for one of King or James to go on loan to OHL if neither had been moved on - or other outgoings freed up PL squad places - before the end of the the international window.

Based on last night's farce at Celtic Park, I'd prefer that, as the Belgian second tier is probably a step up on the Scottish Prem. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Well, my curveball prediction was for one of King or James to go on loan to OHL if neither had been moved on - or other outgoings freed up PL squad places - before the end of the the international window.

Based on last night's farce at Celtic Park, I'd prefer that, as the Belgian second tier is probably a step up on the Scottish Prem. :ph34r:

Bit harsh! No chance a senior player is going over to Leuven, even just as a short term loan.

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

King is off to Rangers it seems.