Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mario Mandzukic

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mandzukic and Vardy would be the scrappiest, most hostile front two in world football. 

We just need Diego Costa to complete the front three lol

You do know VAR comes in this season - right?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

32 on 100k a week 

we already have one expensive flop targetman we can’t get rid of

Lol there isn’t a chance we are comparing Slimani to him is there really? This bloke is unreal, he won’t come here.

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mandzukic and Vardy would be the scrappiest, most hostile front two in world football. 

We just need Diego Costa to complete the front three lol

El trio de bastardos, honestly I’d need to change my pants if I ever saw Diego Costa upfront with Vardy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol there isn’t a chance we are comparing Slimani to him is there really? This bloke is unreal, he won’t come here.

Yeah there age and the type of resale value 

plus their wage

he will sign a nice 3 or 4 year deal and wont be going anywhere

26 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Balotelli on the bench

Mandzukic, Costa and Vardy are three of the hardest working, most competitive, ballsy strikers in world football. 

Balotelli is a sulking, lazy child. 

I don't get the comparison. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah there age and the type of resale value 

plus their wage

he will sign a nice 3 or 4 year deal and wont be going anywhere

But in terms of what matters, footballing ability, that’s a poor comparison. He’s a class act and I know he won’t come to us but we can’t compare his ability to Slimani and I would guess that professionalism isn’t comparable as well.

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mandzukic, Costa and Vardy are three of the hardest working, most competitive, ballsy strikers in world football. 

Balotelli is a sulking, lazy child. 

I don't get the comparison. 

I agree however he is pretty hostile which is the comparison I was referring too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But in terms of what matters, footballing ability, that’s a poor comparison. He’s a class act and I know he won’t come to us but we can’t compare his ability to Slimani and I would guess that professionalism isn’t comparable as well.

when did i say ability? read the post. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

when did i say ability? read the post. 

I’ve read the post, I’m saying why compare him to someone that he isn’t comparable with? If you need to pay decent money to buy decent players you do it so you can’t just blankety say we shouldn’t pay someone of that age that money, that’s all.

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve read the post, I’m saying why compare him to someone that he isn’t comparable with? If you need to pay decent money to buy decent players you do it so you can’t just blankety say we shouldn’t pay someone of that age that money, that’s all.

Some managers and clubs have a policy where they don’t buy players over a certain age because they have no resale value.

Nothing to do with ability.

Hence comparing him to an aging player who’s a forward.

whos on high wages. and also plays for our club.

Who at 31 Has minimal resale value of any.

Mandzukic is 33 and would want a 3 or 4 year deal on over 100k.

There is a reason Juventus want rid...

9 league goals 2000 mins 

league winning side 

moise kean

6 league goals 500 mins

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 14:40, StriderHiryu said:

Won't be coming here, our transfer strategy is the polar opposite of signing a player in the twilight of their playing career. A truly fantastic player that has proven he can do it in the biggest games and on the biggest stage, but even if he played as a left or right sided forward, which he often does for both Croatia and Juventus, he'd be taking someone's place for at best two seasons. We aren't going to stunt Harvey Barnes growth and Perez is already looking like he fits our style superbly.

Could definitely see him in the league though, and I'm sure he'd do well. If West Ham hadn't just signed a striker, they would be all over a move like this.

Our transfer policy needs to evolve. There are good players late in their careers who can still help a club. Everyone likes young players but we should watch for discarded veterans who make sense and can improve the squad. We could def do with a back-up striker who is in his 30s and is on his way out of a top side. If we use Perez as the back-up we lose the primary reason we signed him.

• Like 1