Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

You can't build without strong foundations

38 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I get your point, but Mills and Beckford were signed under Sven, the first manager appointed by King Power. 

Yeah but that was when Rudkin's evil twin brother ran the show... 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

We have signed a Spanish player that has ambitions for being an international super star and values our family values  

Great post, but am I missing something here or just being thick? Have we signed a Spanish player?

Having slept on this I actually think my example of Kolo was a misrepresentation as we've probably done some things that were a bit naughty, even recently. 

I just wish posters such as ... I don't know that's just pick at random @Captain... we're as reflective as me rather than just sitting there quietly taking everything I say as gospel. 

Shame on you all. 

Edited by Collymore

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

Having slept on this I actually think my example of Kolo was a misrepresentation as we've probably done some things that were a bit naughty, even recently. 

I just wish posters such as ... I don't know that's just pick at random @Captain... we're as reflective as me rather than just sitting there quietly taking everything I say as gospel. 

Shame on you all. 

Seems my post was deleted, not sure why. I am very reflective on what an amazing job our owners have done and what an incredible journey it has been, but parts of that journey have been negative and that's ok too. In fact it makes it even more of a journey as we have faced tragedy and scandal and just plain ridiculousness along the way.

I think my main problem with your original post was using the false accusations of 3 innocent players as proof of how far we have come. When if you look back through old programmes you'll find hundreds of photos of players of that time doing good deeds visiting children in hospital etc we have always had close ties with the community and been family oriented. The shame of La Manga is equalled by the shame of the racist orgy in Thailand. The unfair advantage of going into administration again is comparable to the creative accounting to get round FFP. If anything I would say the team is less accessible than it was but that's because the 90s teams were out getting pissed every night.

Things have certainly changed a lot in the last 10 years most of it for the better and we have been truly blessed to have been able to go on this crazy ride.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Seems my post was deleted, not sure why. I am very reflective on what an amazing job our owners have done and what an incredible journey it has been, but parts of that journey have been negative and that's ok too. In fact it makes it even more of a journey as we have faced tragedy and scandal and just plain ridiculousness along the way.

I think my main problem with your original post was using the false accusations of 3 innocent players as proof of how far we have come. When if you look back through old programmes you'll find hundreds of photos of players of that time doing good deeds visiting children in hospital etc we have always had close ties with the community and been family oriented. The shame of La Manga is equalled by the shame of the racist orgy in Thailand. The unfair advantage of going into administration again is comparable to the creative accounting to get round FFP. If anything I would say the team is less accessible than it was but that's because the 90s teams were out getting pissed every night.

Things have certainly changed a lot in the last 10 years most of it for the better and we have been truly blessed to have been able to go on this crazy ride.

There was a sever meltdown and all post were lost from this morning and most of yesterday. 

That was just my poor attempt at being funny 

Edited by Collymore

When I saw the title of this thread it kinda mirrored what’s been in my mind since the end of last season. Our magic year was built on strong foundations- Morgan....Huth...Fuchs...Simpson etc. We now have a more lightweight back line and I accept the strength of our pacy full backs - but still lightweight in comparison. We have invested in some great players - Maddison....Tielemans.....Perez and maybe Praet. Are we running the risk of ending up with a dangerously lightweight team that would be susceptible to being roughed up by the likes of Watford etc. Just a thought.