Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

Is it just me that's slightly sceptical about the 48k figure? If I've got my figures right it would mean adding 16000 seats to the east stand to get to 26000+ seats. Similar in capacity to the three tier Alex Ferguson stand, which is just a monster.  Are there bigger stands in Europe?

43 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Love the 48,000 increase but more excited to see how it would be developed! I think it’s going to look amazing whenever they finish what plans they have drawn up. So excited!! 

32k + 48K is 80,000 seats. That's insane!

Unless I've completely misread the situation, which is impossible.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

Is it just me that's slightly sceptical about the 48k figure? If I've got my figures right it would mean adding 16000 seats to the east stand to get to 26000+ seats. Similar in capacity to the three tier Alex Ferguson stand, which is just a monster.  Are there bigger stands in Europe?

If you look at the elevations and the cantilever for the existing roof behind then it gives an idea of the hight! However it's the side elevations I want to see because I can imagine that the front stand rows will be at a lower angle than the existing ones and then getting steeper as the upper stands come into play

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

It’s not just you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

I would imagine if the 48k figure is correct (and it's come from a seemingly excellent source) then it would perhaps mean that it won't just be the east stand that will be expanded. 

• Like 2

Just now, UHDrive said:

Wasnt there a guy on here a few months ago talking about capacity being in the upper 40's? I cant remember who it was but he must be an itk

The 48k figure came from an ITK in the training ground thread yesterday. He also posted a picture of how it will look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I would imagine if the 48k figure is correct (and it's come from a seemingly excellent source) then it would perhaps mean that it won't just be the east stand that will be 

I think they are going to curve it around like the Etihad to the kop and family stand 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Wasnt there a guy on here a few months ago talking about capacity being in the upper 40's? I cant remember who it was but he must be an itk

I mentioned it from what I was told, others have too. 

Glass facade(correct word?) And that stand will be the new focal point... apparently more come from raw dykes Road/Burnmoor Street than the other direction. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think there'd be may shame in having the higher sections unused / covered over for the non major matches. So a flexible capacity of say 40k for the std matches and 48k for the premium

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. 

It's growing room, if nothing else- the way football is going, and the way we're currently going, we're going to have a lot of neutrals/tourists wanting to come and see us. Who knows what demand will be like in 10 years? I'd imagine demand for run of the mill games has more than trebled in the last 30 years. 

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure, I hope it is as I have no problem making room to grow. It’s just a 26k capacity stand is flipping massive!! lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I mentioned it from what I was told, others have too. 

Glass facade(correct word?) And that stand will be the new focal point... apparently more come from raw dykes Road/Burnmoor Street than the other direction. 

Seem to remember suggestions of a giant screen on the stand too? ie LEDs incorporated into the glass structure, sort of like the Bernabeu renovation.

Or at least that was the impression I got from the leaked mockups a while back:

5adcce796f825_ScreenShot2018-04-22at18_57_07.thumb.png.4855123969b7c680460a216f0fb69e90.png

More people coming from the Raw Dykes area probably explains where some plans have shown a fan zone area there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gave up my season ticket when I went to university over 10 year ago, playing days coming to an end so I’d be wanting a season ticket again. More chance of getting one with stadium expansion! 

Same here I had to give up due to Uni just before the season we won promotion :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gave up my season ticket when I went to university over 10 year ago, playing days coming to an end so I’d be wanting a season ticket again. More chance of getting one with stadium expansion! 

Also factor in majority are put off currently because of membership prices(they might go they might not) also if tickets are available they're generally singles. Think of the monies lost due to mates wanting to go together... 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We would easily fill 40k IMO, then we'd probably end up giving the bigger away teams an extra 1.5k or so allocation too?

I always thought it would be about 42/43k, but if we're serious about Europe every other season and becoming a top club, we probably will need more than that eventually.

Wed never give them an bigger allocation. 

There is/was talk about splitting the away fans too I.e. the way the Etihad is set out. Makes sense if you think about it, they wouldn't be able to make as much noise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Wed never give them an bigger allocation. 

There is/was talk about splitting the away fans too I.e. the way the Etihad is set out. Makes sense if you think about it, they wouldn't be able to make as much noise. 

Ah it's 10% or 3k now isn't it, not just the percentage. You may be right then.