Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

These pics certainly look genuine, they match the blueprints released from KSS from the earlier consultations. Its certainly not in the early stages this has been planned since 2016 the club just couldn't progress until they can obtain the building behind the east stand which we knew wasn't going to be possible until 2020 

• Like 1

I don't know how people can criticise the planned expansion.  

It looks great and just shows how we are developing as a club.   "blue cyst" or not, it's just amazing to be an in era with the club where things like this are even possible. 

what a time to be an LCFC fan!

I'm not sure who came up with the 16k extra but I never envisaged that that could be done without having a 3 tiered square stand. 

I love the design and it leaves open the proposed increase/extension to the south and north stands. That would be a lot easier before tinkering with the current west stand, which I believe can be done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I don't know how people can criticise the planned expansion.  

It looks great and just shows how we are developing as a club.   "blue cyst" or not, it's just amazing to be an in era with the club where things like this are even possible. 

what a time to be an LCFC fan!

Amazing isn't it, I think there's still some fans who believe we should have never left Filbert Street 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 10:27, Webbo said:

I suppose King Power own the stadium, so they'll be liable for the debt, although they'll have to take money from the club to pay for it. 

If the indoor arena is included in the £200 million that's not that bad. 

..I am not sure what taking money from the club means!!!

Are you suggesting that the clubs finance is raided in order to meet the cost or we use the revenue from our league  position finish to pay.

As a model of self sustainability we cannot afford to contribute from our income anything to help with this cost.

I would  be shocked and incredibly grateful should the owners choose to once again invest in us by putting their hands in their own pockets once again. 

12 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

@AshleyIs the new KSS photos similar to the concepts that you saw a couple of years ago?

Yes. It might be in this thread but as originally described to me the ground will look like a C shape on a angle.. them mock ups look about right tbh.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I am not sure what taking money from the club means!!!

Are you suggesting that the clubs finance is raided in order to meet the cost or we use the revenue from our league  position finish to pay.

As a model of self sustainability we cannot afford to contribute from our income anything to help with this cost.

I would  be shocked and incredibly grateful should the owners choose to once again invest in us by putting their hands in their own pockets once again. 

We can afford it, we turn a profit about every year and can always sell assets to help.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I  am not too sure we make a profit every year and if we do it will be  negligible!!!

Not too keen on selling a player every year to finance acquisitions or to finance infrastructure. 

I think we should spend money on infrastructure. Players come and go but we'll have the stadium and increased income source and stature for many years. Also I'm not suggesting that we pay it off all in one go but maybe 20 million a year over 10 years or 10 million over 20. Thats totally manageable especially with increased ticket revenues.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I think we should spend money on infrastructure. Players come and go but we'll have the stadium and increased income source and stature for many years. Also I'm not suggesting that we pay it off all in one go but maybe 20 million a year over 10 years or 10 million over 20. Thats totally manageable especially with increased ticket revenues.

..we made a £20m loss pre-tax last year!!!

Taking £20m out of any available  funds over 10 years just reduces or ability to finance on field purchases.

If extra revenue from additional seating and from other developments equates to £20m or less inclusive of interest charges then it may be possible.

I am not saying that it will be an ideal situation. 

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..we made a £20m loss pre-tax last year!!!

Taking £20m out of any available  funds over 10 years just reduces or ability to finance on field purchases.

If extra revenue from additional seating and from other developments equates to £20m or less inclusive of interest charges then it may be possible.

I am not saying that it will be an ideal situation. 

Yes but the 20 million will include paying for the training ground. I'm sure if there's a couple of years where we make a small loss because of the stadium king power would pay the difference but I see that being the exception rather than the norm. I think we will be expected to be self sufficient while paying for the stadium. The alternative would be to keep playing in a 32000 seater stadium for the rest of time which is no solution at all. Ambitious clubs invest in infrastructure alongside playing staff and that how I see us doing it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cameron Davidson said:

I know it has issues, but someone tell me what the problems are with the foundations? I remember that it was mentioned before and that is one reason they cant do music there.... haven’t read specifics though....

The original stadium build had ‘future expansion allowance’ removed from the foundations so they’re not big enough for additional load.

hence the knock it down and build again approach.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Yes but the 20 million will include paying for the training ground. I'm sure if there's a couple of years where we make a small loss because of the stadium king power would pay the difference but I see that being the exception rather than the norm. I think we will be expected to be self sufficient while paying for the stadium. The alternative would be to keep playing in a 32000 seater stadium for the rest of time which is no solution at all. Ambitious clubs invest in infrastructure alongside playing staff and that how I see us doing it. 

And that's why we'll continue to invest in players with one eye on selling. Without doing that, it would be a huge drain on our finances. 

Edited by Babylon