Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

I see in the 50s and 60s we had gates over 40,000, even early 70s, we had gates 35,000 to 38,000.

With the population of Leics and Leicester increasing a lot add on the catchment areas of Rugby, Northamptonshire, etc, I can see us filling out the new capacity at times.

Just now, Webbo said:

Do we really need 48,000? Especially if it's going to cost 200 million plus. 

The club must have some sort of an idea of ticket waiting lists etc.

They wouldn't pick an arbitrary number if they didn't think they'd sell the seats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I see in the 50s and 60s we had gates over 40,000, even early 70s, we had gates 35,000 to 38,000.

With the population of Leics and Leicester increasing a lot add on the catchment areas of Rugby, Northamptonshire, etc, I can see us filling out the new capacity at times.

It was a bit cheaper in those days and the games weren't on the telly. 

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Fulham FAC replay ......I’m pretty sure it was 41 .......i didn’t count them .....

actually it was 37!

saw we had 43 against arsenal in the cup following year though ....

I was at both games. 37000 against Fulham had to sit on the concourse at the side of the pitch such was the crush in the kop and almost certain 42000 for a cup game with arsenal early 70s.

I suppose King Power own the stadium, so they'll be liable for the debt, although they'll have to take money from the club to pay for it. 

If the indoor arena is included in the £200 million that's not that bad. 

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Do we really need 48,000? Especially if it's going to cost 200 million plus. 

Id say yes. 

Believe it or not we have a big number waiting on Season Tickets. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we keep going the way we are going and challenge for the europe/top 4 or better this season next etc then there's no reason why we can't fill a 48k stadium. 

Our catchment range could be massive too. I'd go as far as saying MK/Northampton up to Stoke. Peterborough to our side of Birmingham. With clubs like Coventry facing uncertain future we could attract their future fanbases. 

What a time to be alive. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I suppose King Power own the stadium, so they'll be liable for the debt, although they'll have to take money from the club to pay for it. 

If the indoor arena is included in the £200 million that's not that bad. 

And the hotel!

The club is interested in the tourist fan who comes to a match once a year, and spend a fortune in the club shop etc.  The season ticket/local fan are important for the club but don't tend to spend a fortune in the club shop, because they have already spent enough by going to games on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

The club is interested in the tourist fan who comes to a match once a year, and spend a fortune in the club shop etc.  The season ticket/local fan are important for the club but don't tend to spend a fortune in the club shop, because they have already spent enough by going to games on a regular basis.

This was my point. We're really not that far from London and all it's footballing tourists. 

33 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I was at both games. 37000 against Fulham had to sit on the concourse at the side of the pitch such was the crush in the kop and almost certain 42000 for a cup game with arsenal early 70s.

I remember getting down to front of the Main Stand enclosure at 12 o'clock for that Arsenal match (3 o'clock kick off). 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Id say yes. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we keep going the way we are going and challenge for the europe/top 4 or better this season next etc then there's no reason why we can't fill a 48k stadium. 

Our catchment range could be massive too. I'd go as far as saying MK/Northampton up to Stoke. Peterborough to our side of Birmingham. With clubs like Coventry facing uncertain future we could attract their future fanbases. 

What a time to be alive. 

Gave up my season ticket when I went to university over 10 year ago, playing days coming to an end so I’d be wanting a season ticket again. More chance of getting one with stadium expansion! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Id say yes. 

What a time to be alive. 

If we keep pushing as we are, and that's obviously a big if, you could be quite right. With transport links set to be improved, why wouldn't people want to travel to see a game? Football is becoming a day out experience rather than a few hours a day

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I remember getting down to front of the Main Stand enclosure at 12 o'clock for that Arsenal match (3 o'clock kick off). 

I sat on the pop side wall. How did they get 42000 in that ground...scary.

8 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

We make most money from corporate hospitality expect a lot of boxes and hospitality areas in the expansion an upgrade in facilities encourages big businesses to attend box owners will be worldwide big businesses not the likes of marks electrical.

• Like 1