Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

2 minutes ago, somebum said:

Well surprise surprise its basically last years, the year before that etc with updated squads and running even slower, even on i7 processor 16gb SSD. Looking more cartoony every year. Hardly worth the torrent time

I knew you'd be pleased.

From the couple of hours I played last night, I'd say there have been some big improvements in making the manager's job a bit less complicated and bogged down.

I didn't notice any slower processing times, and the match engine looks crisper and is an improvement on previous years.

It isn't perfect but it's only the beta.

I usually log 1000+ hours on each version so for £30 or so a year, I'm not complaining about the value.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

I knew you'd be pleased.

From the couple of hours I played last night, I'd say there have been some big improvements in making the manager's job a bit less complicated and bogged down.

I didn't notice any slower processing times, and the match engine looks crisper and is an improvement on previous years.

It isn't perfect but it's only the beta.

I usually log 1000+ hours on each version so for £30 or so a year, I'm not complaining about the value.

That's the issue, 

"we've made it a bit more streamlined" 

Next year

"we've added this for a more immersive experience" 

And repeat since cm01/02

3 minutes ago, somebum said:

That's the issue, 

Next year

And repeat since cm01/02

what do you expect? Fundamentally it is of course the same game, but each year it is improved and refined and updated. No one forces you to buy it but most people are more than happy to pay £30 for each version.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

what do you expect? Fundamentally it is of course the same game, but each year it is improved and refined and updated. No one forces you to buy it but most people are more than happy to pay £30 for each version.

"most people" lol

People are idiots, people in blood sausage. 

Would you like some blood sausage?  I have some in my glove compartment 

22 minutes ago, somebum said:

Well surprise surprise its basically last years, the year before that etc with updated squads and running even slower, even on i7 processor 16gb SSD. Looking more cartoony every year. Hardly worth the torrent time

No wonder it's struggling if your SSD is only 16gb...

You cant really moan if you illegally downloaded it for free either. 

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Never personally get people who complain about football games being similar year on year. What do they expect, they have very limited room to change them as they have a very specific niche. 

Then why release? Profit. Think about it. Gullible. 

16 minutes ago, somebum said:

If I buy a loaf of bread in Tesco, they are making profit

If they didn't make profit, they'd be no game

ergo, I, like millions of others, pay £30 and get hundreds of hours of entertainment (albeit frustrating at times). 

There are lots of things I buy which generate a profit for the seller or manufacturer. What's the problem?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, somebum said:

They gradually add bits to it as computers get faster and better. If you consider FM19 to say 14 or one even earlier it’s a lot more in depth and refined. Plus 30 quid a year is hardly going to break the bank is it?

Edited by peach0000
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, somebum said:

That's the issue, 

Next year

And repeat since cm01/02

you say that, but try going back kto fm 09 like i did to play as leicester in league 1 and see how long you last, its ****ing terrible. most changes are under the surface as usual, this years is a refined version of last years, and last years was a huge improvement on the previous, like always, every couple of years we get major changes, then refinements. if you dont like it, **** off till FM21. 

I'm really enjoying it, picked it up today and put in a solid 8 hours somehow. beta version easy as always, thought i was pissing it in the prem with leicester till i got thumped 5-1 by liverpool lol we seem to have a really strong squad, i never usually touch leicester but this is just a beta save for maybe a couple of seasons before i start my journeyman pentagon...again

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

you say that, but try going back kto fm 09 like i did to play as leicester in league 1 and see how long you last, its ****ing terrible. most changes are under the surface as usual, this years is a refined version of last years, and last years was a huge improvement on the previous, like always, every couple of years we get major changes, then refinements. if you dont like it, **** off till FM21. 

I'm really enjoying it, picked it up today and put in a solid 8 hours somehow. beta version easy as always, thought i was pissing it in the prem with leicester till i got thumped 5-1 by liverpool lol we seem to have a really strong squad, i never usually touch leicester but this is just a beta save for maybe a couple of seasons before i start my journeyman pentagon...again

If I recall correctly, @somebum is more or less universally pathologically negative about not just this version, but every version of the game (and most things he posts about on here I think).

I started a full fat save with Union Berlin - not sure why I picked them but already I am really enjoying the fact that you appear to be managing the club, rather than just the first team in this version. The Club Vision section and the new Development Centre are great new additions. Union want me to sign home grown players under 23 and move them on at a profit whilst establishing them as a regular Bundesliga team. 

The development centre is giving me feedback about 14 and 15 year old players who they are recruiting which really does add some immersion to the 5 year plan.

First game was a friendly tournament in Varna why we beat Nottingham Forest 4-0!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Youri has almost entirely dried up since I posted that. Vardy’s top scorer in the Prem for me at the moment with 20 (early March), he’s playing as a Pressing Forward (Attack), with Brooks (from Bournemouth) and Barnes as Inverted wingers, Maddison AP support, Youri BBM and Ben/Ricardo complete wing backs attack.

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Youri has almost entirely dried up since I posted that. Vardy’s top scorer in the Prem for me at the moment with 20 (early March), he’s playing as a Pressing Forward (Attack), with Brooks (from Bournemouth) and Barnes as Inverted wingers, Maddison AP support, Youri BBM and Ben/Ricardo complete wing backs attack.

I’m on 4 still !?!?! And coming up to Jan. just can’t get him to perform. He’s playung as the same ... pressing forward with attack duty. He’s generally supported by a combination of Barnes, Bowen and Ayoze. You playing Wilf?

20 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I’m on 4 still !?!?! And coming up to Jan. just can’t get him to perform. He’s playung as the same ... pressing forward with attack duty. He’s generally supported by a combination of Barnes, Bowen and Ayoze. You playing Wilf?

Rotating Hamza and Wilf in DM. Used Hamza slightly more often. I’m overlapping on both sides and focusing on both wings, so it either ends up pulled across the box to Jamie or back for Youri/Maddison, at least when Barnes/Brooks don’t decide to smash it wildly into the stands.

It feels like Vardy has had as many goals disallowed by VAR for offside too.