Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

14 hours ago, sdb said:

What's the leicester squad like? Bit geeky but I'd love to see some player stats and valuations 

I'll see if I can screenshot some later. Anyone in particular?

Not going to post actual CA and PA but the below is based more on that, than just stats.

In terms of pure ability and potential (I'm talking under the hood, database stuff) we don't have any top, top players that you could expect to dominate all comps with. Youri's probably the closest.

But if you look at in terms of players who could be part of PL winning squad, or be starters if they play slightly above themselves, you've got:

Tielemans,

Chilwell,

N'didi,

Benkovic,

Ricardo,

Maddison,

Barnes,

Hamza,

Söyüncü,

Justin,

Iheanacho,

Praet,

Gray

Ricardo and Chilwell in particular are probably 2 of the best full backs in the game in terms of potential. The rest of the above are all what the game would consider to have the potential to be either a leading player for a non top 6 club or at least a good player for Champs League clubs. So there's a few underrated players in terms of potential but not massively.

Vardy, Kasper and to a lesser extent Evans, are pretty underrated from a pure ability point.

Basically, you're in a position where you only need a couple of signings in the first window to probably have a crack at CL and for the more tactically astute manager (not me) you've got a core of squad that can win the league. I'm horribly ruthless on this game so would probably be binning off half of those at some point! :D

Again, the above isn't so much individual attributes, just more based on CA and PA which can be random.

• Like 1

Maybe LCFC are just amazing or this years game (on mobile) is too damn easy. I won the league in my third season and the next season did the domestic treble and won the champions league. Only players I have in my team who are not LCFC players are a keeper to replace the now retired Kasper, a striker to replace the now retired Vards and an upgrade on Praet.

Can anyone sell me on this? I've not really got into the last two so was thinking of taking a year out and then possibly dipping back in for 2021. From the sounds of it the problems with the match engine are the same as ever (strikers missing the vast majority of one-on-ones, players shooting from the tightest possible angles rather than squaring it to the unmarked player five yards out). Is there anything in particular worth getting excited about?

48 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Maybe LCFC are just amazing or this years game (on mobile) is too damn easy. I won the league in my third season and the next season did the domestic treble and won the champions league. Only players I have in my team who are not LCFC players are a keeper to replace the now retired Kasper, a striker to replace the now retired Vards and an upgrade on Praet.

Mobile is easy

42 minutes ago, Guest said:

Can anyone sell me on this? I've not really got into the last two so was thinking of taking a year out and then possibly dipping back in for 2021. From the sounds of it the problems with the match engine are the same as ever (strikers missing the vast majority of one-on-ones, players shooting from the tightest possible angles rather than squaring it to the unmarked player five yards out). Is there anything in particular worth getting excited about?

Its new. thats about it. theres enough for me to be happy with the purchase but i put 100's of hours into each game, if you're doubting the purchase, dont bother. and the match engine is fine, people like to winge because they suck

honestly it depends how much you're gonna play it, if you play it religiously every year and get 100's of hours out of it , its worth it, but FM is a 2 year cycle, you get a version (like 19) that has major changes, and then the following year thats refined, thats what we have now, for me its worth it, i like the changes, lots of QOL improvments and the dev center is great ,lots of focus on bringing through youth, and the match engine is as good as it ever looked. well worth £30 imo

• Like 1

I've reached World Cup year on 2046 (2019). Very dominant now, won the WC 2038, 2042, Confederations Cup 2041, 2045 and the Euros in 2044. Been top of the rankings for a good number of years now. Won my last two qualification groups winning all games and with a GF/GA ratio of about 115-2 lol Get no sense of achievement doing that of course but I have set myself the target of a +50 goal difference in the group lol Still can't seem to master winning the Nations League. This will be some of my major players last major tournament but still have a good number of young players coming through, namely 'Diego' and 'Franklin' lol

Domestically though Trayal no longer dominate. I noticed a yoyo club had a foriegn investor take over about 4 years ago and they are the only side with a rich financial status in the league. They just finished 2nd ahead of Trayal so that should mean CL football next season. Kinda tempted for that club if the job ever became available. I saved it and took over both this club (Rad Beograd) and Trayal just to see what their finances were like. Rad had a balance of 35m but Trayal though............. I left them with a balance of over 200m and just over 10 years later they find themselves with a -35m balance  lol

One issue that I never realised (cuz i've never done an international job this long) is that the national pool never gets automatically updated when young talent comes through. So now every year or so I have to look through my u18-21s to see who i've got and add them if they're worth it. It's meant the odd player comes is now in the mid-late 20's and has never had a cap despite being a 4 star CAM playing for Roma lol

Edited by Walkers

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The match engine is basically the same one that was introduced in FM09. Has there been ten years worth of improvements? Absolutely not.

Last years was dogwank though, this years has some frustrating elements but no way near as bad. Striker movement was horrible on 19 and the dozens of blocked crosses a game made it unplayable for me

10 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Related image

ye, exactly the same

Today it looks better. They've added some more animations. They obviously tweak it every year. But the engine on which the simulation runs is basically the same.

It needs rebuilding from the ground up if the series is to progress past the stagnation it's seen in the last 5-odd years. 

And yes, I do buy it every year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

I've reached World Cup year on 2046 (2019). Very dominant now, won the WC 2038, 2042, Confederations Cup 2041, 2045 and the Euros in 2044. Been top of the rankings for a good number of years now. Won my last two qualification groups winning all games and with a GF/GA ratio of about 115-2 lol Get no sense of achievement doing that of course but I have set myself the target of a +50 goal difference in the group lol Still can't seem to master winning the Nations League. This will be some of my major players last major tournament but still have a good number of young players coming through, namely 'Diego' and 'Franklin' lol

Domestically though Trayal no longer dominate. I noticed a yoyo club had a foriegn investor take over about 4 years ago and they are the only side with a rich financial status in the league. They just finished 2nd ahead of Trayal so that should mean CL football next season. Kinda tempted for that club if the job ever became available. I saved it and took over both this club (Rad Beograd) and Trayal just to see what their finances were like. Rad had a balance of 35m but Trayal though............. I left them with a balance of over 200m and just over 10 years later they find themselves with a -35m balance  lol

One issue that I never realised (cuz i've never done an international job this long) is that the national pool never gets automatically updated when young talent comes through. So now every year or so I have to look through my u18-21s to see who i've got and add them if they're worth it. It's meant the odd player comes is now in the mid-late 20's and has never had a cap despite being a 4 star CAM playing for Roma lol

Just had a pretty dismal World Cup, beat NZ and Australia in the group and drew to Mexico and Czech Republic in knockout rounds in extra time, lost to Spain in the quarter final........... and got sacked lol First tournament failure and get sacked ffs. Good news is the Rad manager has taken the job so i'ma go for that

Finished 4th with Vålerenga in the first season which got me into the first round of EL qualifying. Drawn with Craovia which is one of the harder draws anyway, next round of qualifiers is against f ucking Chelsea. Miles Jacobsen you're a spam looking Watford twat

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

dozens of blocked crosses a game made it unplayable for me

Jesus don't even. 

I still hate the physics of blocks now. This version still has blocks ricochet fifty odd metres up the pitch so a long shot or cross from your player turns in to a one on one for them. 

Or one of your players makes a slide tackle back towards goal somewhere in their half and it turns in to a through ball for them. Like come on. 

It does seem improved from 19 yes. Still don't like how shot accuracy, particularly 1v1 seems greatly reduced to compensate for the fact they're not sure how to limit the number of chances a good tactic can create. 

When I've had 25 chances, including plenty of good ones, and 3 on target? Come on. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus don't even. 

I still hate the physics of blocks now. This version still has blocks ricochet fifty odd metres up the pitch so a long shot or cross from your player turns in to a one on one for them. 

Or one of your players makes a slide tackle back towards goal somewhere in their half and it turns in to a through ball for them. Like come on. 

It does seem improved from 19 yes. Still don't like how shot accuracy, particularly 1v1 seems greatly reduced to compensate for the fact they're not sure how to limit the number of chances a good tactic can create. 

When I've had 25 chances, including plenty of good ones, and 3 on target? Come on. 

Yeah it’s frustrating that you can absolutely dominate the opposition, 18 shots, 10 on target from good central positions and you lose 2-1 at home to a shit time with 7 shots, 3 on target.

Hopefully in March the update tweaks it so there’s fewer 1v1s but they’re scored more often.

I’ve played since FM14, 18 was my favourite but I’m really enjoying this one so far besides a few things. It feels more like football in established possession than it ever has 

On 26/11/2019 at 08:10, Finnegan said:

When you look at the state of Mason Greenwood on this compared to Harvey Barnes, it's really hard to not get eternally frustrated with the database editors and their pandering to big club fans. 

It's not as bad as FIFA but it's not far off. 

Some of the players who are much better than ours is ridiculous. Guys who have played 15 games in Portugal already at an excellent prem Level. We've got plenty of good youngsters but probably not with the level of ability or potential they should have.

Vardy is ridiculously underrated compared to most strikers on the game. Then you've got the likes of Kasper and Evans who should be miles better.

The match engine has never been as good since they introduced 3d. You use to get a real sense of complete freedom of movement that even a FIFA couldn't get close to because of the fact the players weren't restricted to animations and I suppose some of it was left to your imagination.