Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Rotating Hamza and Wilf in DM. Used Hamza slightly more often. I’m overlapping on both sides and focusing on both wings, so it either ends up pulled across the box to Jamie or back for Youri/Maddison, at least when Barnes/Brooks don’t decide to smash it wildly into the stands.

It feels like Vardy has had as many goals disallowed by VAR for offside too.

He’s just had 2 chalked off in semi of the league cup against Man City. Well pissed off. How you finding cags? I picked up Duffy for 12,000,000 and he’s a beast 

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

He’s just had 2 chalked off in semi of the league cup against Man City. Well pissed off. How you finding cags? I picked up Duffy for 12,000,000 and he’s a beast 

He’s doing pretty well, usually partnering Benkovic. Both averaging around 7. Clean sheets a bigger problem than scoring, but I think that’s just a result of me playing a pretty gung-ho formation (and shipping 6 to Liverpool hasn’t helped our figures).

9 minutes ago, dave_the_fox said:

tielemens, maddison and barnes getting upgrades in the next database update according to the lcfc researcher :appl:

They're already (quite rightly) unreal :D

Season one finished, was in a great position to get third going into a head to head with Arsenal 5 games from the end of the season but lost that and then had a run of three poor draws. Lost Vardy for 4-5 games towards the end, think I probably would have at least beaten our title season points tally if he'd stayed fit. Not too shabby though. Haaland and Ansu Fati already signed for next season, just going to look for a new CB option and back-up LB now.

Season One.PNG

Season One Stats.PNG

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Has anyone noticed any bugs in the Beta? I can't tell if the game is really buggy or if its just my crappy laptop causing problems!

Some (nothing game breaking). Most annoying for me is I can’t reload the skin without changing skin.

9 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

This is the first Football Manager I’ve ever played properly. I’m so bad. Currently 14th with Leicester after 10 games 😂 not sure what I’m doing wrong 

If it's the first time you've played properly there's probably (quite naturally) a lot you're doing wrong. Want us to take a look at your tactics, see if there's anything obvious there?

38 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

If it's the first time you've played properly there's probably (quite naturally) a lot you're doing wrong. Want us to take a look at your tactics, see if there's anything obvious there?

Here are my tactics. Recently changed them and just won 4-2. Before i was trying to play out from the back and play tiki-taka football, that may have been my problem. 

fm20 tactic.png

Edited by LCFCtotheprem

15 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Here are my tactics. Recently changed them and just won 4-2. Before i was trying to play out from the back and play tiki-taka football, that may have been my problem. 

fm20 tactic.png

I always seem to have more success with aggressive attacking systems than anything else. Well worth experimenting with your player roles as well if it's not working.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

fm20 tactic.png

Oh, lawd this hurts my face.

Mate, get yourself a logo pack. And a real names fix. May as well keep an eye out for a kits megapack too, one should surface soon (so you don't have to download and install each league's kits individually)

FMScout is a good place to start.

RE: your tactics... You're trying too hard to replicate real life. Unfortunately, the way tactics work on FM is isn't much like real life. The match engine is unpredictable, daft and quite shit at times. It can also be exploited, and usually this requires a bit of trial and error.

If you want a good place to start, get onto FMScout or FM-Base and download a tactic you like the look of and work backwards.

Also, unless this years' game has changed drastically (I haven't bought it), positional suitability doesn't really mean all that much, and if you've got the right tactics you can boss the game even if those green blobs are all yellow / amber rather than green.

Source: Me. A veteran of FM / CM since 1996.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Oh, lawd this hurts my face.

Mate, get yourself a logo pack. And a real names fix. May as well keep an eye out for a kits megapack too, one should surface soon (so you don't have to download and install each league's kits individually)

FMScout is a good place to start.

RE: your tactics... You're trying too hard to replicate real life. Unfortunately, the way tactics work on FM is isn't much like real life. The match engine is unpredictable, daft and quite shit at times. It can also be exploited, and usually this requires a bit of trial and error.

If you want a good place to start, get onto FMScout or FM-Base and download a tactic you like the look of and work backwards.

Also, unless this years' game has changed drastically (I haven't bought it), positional suitability doesn't really mean all that much, and if you've got the right tactics you can boss the game even if those green blobs are all yellow / amber rather than green.

Source: Me. A veteran of FM / CM since 1996.

Haha ok thanks.

Will have a look. My form has been decent since I used these tactics Tbf, 4 wins in last 5 games.

3 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Is it normal to not have a Sports Interactive folder in Documents on a Mac even after loading up the game and creating a save?

EDIT: Sorted

The destination has changed this year, threw me off too

• Like 1

On 05/11/2019 at 13:35, RoboFox said:

Got to disagree with this one. It’ll feel so much more rewarding if you tweak, optimise and build your own through a few seasons/save games of failure.

Also no need to be hasty with downloading the real names fix as beating the Zebras in the CL is strangely satisfying (got them in my group second season).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Got to disagree with this one. It’ll feel so much more rewarding if you tweak, optimise and build your own through a few seasons/save games of failure.

Also no need to be hasty with downloading the real names fix as beating the Zebras in the CL is strangely satisfying (got them in my group second season).

Yeah, but how you gonna shit all over League 2 with an awful Cov team by doing that? lol

1255303046_ScreenShot2019-11-06at21_09_09.thumb.png.e1b87e9dfa2bd30fb85690ffdf64354d.png

I downloaded this tactic for my throwaway save and got Cov promoted consecutively 3 times with basically an untouched squad.

It's stupidly easy to just break the game. 

21 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, but how you gonna shit all over League 2 with an awful Cov team by doing that? lol

1255303046_ScreenShot2019-11-06at21_09_09.thumb.png.e1b87e9dfa2bd30fb85690ffdf64354d.png

I downloaded this tactic for my throwaway save and got Cov promoted consecutively 3 times with basically an untouched squad.

That looks sooooo boring. How could you bring yourself to bother finishing three seasons?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The stones on you to make that comment after downloading somebody else's tactics to play the game for you. lol  It's also stupidly easy to dominate a game of Counter Strike if you install an aimbot.

• Like 3