Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

The stones on you to make that comment after downloading somebody else's tactics to play the game for you. lol  It's also stupidly easy to dominate a game of Counter Strike if you install an aimbot.

Like I said, it was a throwaway save. Started it as a dick around, couldn't be arsed to set up the team properly and I got carried away in seeing how far I could take it. :thumbup:

Downloaded tactics or not, if you find something that seems to work against even the best teams there's very little reason to ever change it - you just set the team up in the same way, home or away and off they go. The game engine doesn't do anything to challenge it... That's my point... I think. 

I dunno, why are we talking about this? I was making suggestions to get the new guy started! lol

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, Mark_w said:

That looks sooooo boring. How could you bring yourself to bother finishing three seasons?

Mate. That's actually kind of a pertinent question. 

Thinking about it, I was just playing that Cov game for the sake of it. I started it out of boredom and it just churns away in the background whilst watching TV some evenings. 

I purposefully didn't buy last years' because I've put too much time into it over the years (I hate to think how much) and I actually put more time into my hobbies. 

I just spent the last 5 mins thinking about your question... Then uninstalled the game. 

FT is therapy.

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I just spent the last 5 mins thinking about your question... Then uninstalled the game. 

FT is therapy.

Hey now, let’s not do anything crazy, I just meant we should all waste our lives playing Football Manager, better.

• Haha 1

Shane Duffy has been somewhat of a revolution for me. Cost me a cool 16 mil in instalments but his average rating of 7.68 is a premier league best for my squad. His average over the last 5 games is 7.84 he’s on fire with big Cags at the back also contributed 8 goals and 3 assists. 

Finally got vardy going sitting on 18 in 33. Brought Meunier in during the January window as a replacement for Ric who has put in a transfer request 😭

As for youth I have brought in Lincoln, Trincao. Bowen, Gelabert and Doku. Bowen has played relatively well with him sitting on 7 goals and 8 assists after 20(9) 

14 hours ago, casablancas said:

The Arse just enquires about BIG Cags availability. Ofc I didn’t want to sell so suggested an offer of 80 million to scare em off. They’ve only gone and offered 60 million for him lol  

Benkovic has been immense for me and is rising in price all the time. A la Maguire, you've got his replacement already.

On 07/11/2019 at 18:56, casablancas said:

Shane Duffy has been somewhat of a revolution for me. Cost me a cool 16 mil in instalments but his average rating of 7.68 is a premier league best for my squad. His average over the last 5 games is 7.84 he’s on fire with big Cags at the back also contributed 8 goals and 3 assists. 

Finally got vardy going sitting on 18 in 33. Brought Meunier in during the January window as a replacement for Ric who has put in a transfer request 😭

As for youth I have brought in Lincoln, Trincao. Bowen, Gelabert and Doku. Bowen has played relatively well with him sitting on 7 goals and 8 assists after 20(9) 

Duffy shipped out to the Arse for 38mil and then poached Lacelles for 15. 

On 06/11/2019 at 13:48, Lcfclad2013 said:

Find 1 on 1's incredibly hard to score, more often than not you missing it, or hitting it straight at the keeper. Match engine seems better but they do need to sort the above out. 

On 06/11/2019 at 17:07, LCFCtotheprem said:

Same they seem to miss literally every 1v1

FFS still? 

Every year a whole bunch of janky new features front end and the same silly problems in the match engine. 

Genuinely thought 2019 was the worst the ME has ever been. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How do you set the status now? I can't find it.

Where you can put "important first team player" , "backup" etc

You can do it from any list view I think. Right click the player->squad->agreed playing time. Certainly works from the squad screen.

Season Two done. Liverpool looked miles ahead but I managed to (finally) beat them towards the end of the season, and then they drew with Wolves so I had hope going into the final day. But unsurprisingly missed out. Won the League Cup, knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup by Derby!,

Haaland, Youri & Maddison all want to go. Youri is going nowhere, I'll think about Maddison, Haaland I had to give an £85m release clause and he won't sign a new contract, so I'll see if he stays. Not a bad season overall.

Season Two League Cup Final.PNG

Season Two PL.PNG

Season Two Stats.PNG

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

https://community.sigames.com/topic/500808-licensing-clamp-down-on-graphics/

It looks like they are clamping down on logos, badges and facepacks etc. All the main sites that you normally get these from seem to be taking them down!

FMScout have already created their own "badges" which actually look quite good I think

EJQF1ifW4AAB_XF.png

24 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It looks like they are clamping down on logos, badges and facepacks etc. All the main sites that you normally get these from seem to be taking them down!

FMScout have already created their own "badges" which actually look quite good I think

EJQF1ifW4AAB_XF.png

they look decent, this is article 13 in effect. i have zip files of badges and maybe some facepacks and kits if anyone wants them emailing over

On 13/11/2019 at 15:57, Beliall said:

finally found some inspiration for a new challenge, the "completed it mate" challenge

Going to take woking from the conference to the champions league in 6 seasons. (that sort of thing doesnt go un noticed)

Should be a laugh

woking.jpg

The render of the manager is killing me

• Haha 1

2036 - Euros First Knockout Round

2037 - Nations League finalists

2038 - World Cup winners

2039 - Nations League finalists

2040 - Euros finalists

2041 - Confederations Cup winners

A lot of lost finals but still pretty happy with how its gone and still finding it quite enjoyable!

This is FM19 btw, hi '20 thread lol

On 13/11/2019 at 16:23, stripeyfox said:

EJQF1ifW4AAB_XF.png

These aren't bad, although Leicester's one is probably the worst out of the bunch, IMO.

The standard ones in FM are horrible. 

Seems bizarre that some clubs have kicked up a stink, and are suddenly claiming ownership of their brands (or distribution of them, more specifically it seems). All of these images are freely and readily available all over the internet and social media and they're not claiming ownership there (maybe because it's free marketing I suppose).

The next step will be that SI will remove the ability to alter the graphics and / or UI, and that would be very shitty. 

It'll just drive the modding community underground. People will still find a way.

Edited by RoboFox

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

These aren't bad, although Leicester's one is probably the worst out of the bunch, IMO.

The standard ones in FM are horrible. 

Seems bizarre that some clubs have kicked up a stink, and are suddenly claiming ownership of their brands (or distribution of them, more specifically it seems). All of these images are freely and readily available all over the internet and social media and they're not claiming ownership there (maybe because it's free marketing I suppose).

The next step will be that SI will remove the ability to alter the graphics and / or UI, and that would be very shitty. 

It'll just drive the modding community underground. People will still find a way.

yeah, I quite like the FM Scout logos although I would agree the Leicester one is a bit crap

But overall, they look good in the game