Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

On the flip side I am absolutely baffled how many times I see a standard young centre half now, who also happens to be able to play AMR.

Literally, like Jonny Evans being able to play there.

How the hell can they? They absolutely don't have the skillset. There's too many like this as well.

I hate the amount of regens that are just massively deficient in one or two areas, so many centrehalves that are too short or can’t jump. Wide players that are otherwise brilliant but have 8 passing and similar 

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

FAO @Dan LCFC and scripted cup draws, I've just been drawn against Celtic in the Champions League qualifiers at exactly the same stage / round for the third season in a row, the hardest possible tie I could get. AND THEY SAY ITS DONE RANDOMLY 

Simply a fix and nobody can tell me otherwise. Corruption seeping into even Football Manager now. Very sad to see!

No but really, when my Copa Del Rey draw arrives and last years top four draw a load of Galician farmers I'll be back, believe me.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Simply a fix and nobody can tell me otherwise. Corruption seeping into even Football Manager now. Very sad to see!

No but really, when my Copa Del Rey draw arrives and last years top four draw a load of Galician farmers I'll be back, believe me.

I keep seeing you complain about the Copa Del Rey...you know it’s seeded draws until the quarter finals right. It’s literally impossible for the good teams to play each other until then. 

Got into the Champions League groups after finally overcoming Celtic, drew Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen - the money I've got from it has pretty much set the club up for years, my max earner is Teddy Bishop on £1.7k p/w and I begrudge paying him that tbh, moreso when I've got 60 season ticket holders. RIP Limavady United in the Bernabeu imqho.

Dabbling with a move to France should the right gig come up, the Danske Bank Premiership is just too naff to attract the real top players and make a dent in the Champo League. Can't even get my usual band of Tunisians in because they don't fancy it on the emerald Isle :-(

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Got into the Champions League groups after finally overcoming Celtic, drew Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen - the money I've got from it has pretty much set the club up for years, my max earner is Teddy Bishop on £1.7k p/w and I begrudge paying him that tbh, moreso when I've got 60 season ticket holders. RIP Limavady United in the Bernabeu imqho.

Dabbling with a move to France should the right gig come up, the Danske Bank Premiership is just too naff to attract the real top players and make a dent in the Champo League. Can't even get my usual band of Tunisians in because they don't fancy it on the emerald Isle :-(

How long did it take you to get them that far mate? 

I've just finished my first season with Lisburn Distillery, winning the league and now moving into the championship. 

Any tips for signings you have would be appreciated as well! 

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

How long did it take you to get them that far mate? 

I've just finished my first season with Lisburn Distillery, winning the league and now moving into the championship. 

Any tips for signings you have would be appreciated as well! 

This is the start of my sixth season mate, previously had to make do with Europa after getting dumped out the Gazprom twice by Celtic in the qualifiers (beat them third time of asking). I've found that winning each league was easy enough but I've got a policy of not spending a penny on transfer fees - now I'm debating splashing the Gazprom group stage cash and seeing if I can slowly make some progress in it. Managed the Europa quarters last season which was great, mind - especially with the home grown quota etc

All my signings have tended to be free agents from the English / Scottish pyramid and any half decent academy youths mate - no restrictions on loans either! Teddy Bishop has been great for me, and Callum Wright (City's very own) was decent enough until he was usurped by an academy lad. In the second tier I had a loanee from Doncaster, Rieves Boocock, ridiculous name but bagged 25 league goals for me without trying.

Think this season will be my last in NI before I hit that sweet ass Ligue 1 for payday, I'm enjoying it but think I've about hit the ceiling! 

• Like 1

You guys remember Palermo the former club of Dybala? Turns out they went bankrupt last season, and a phoenix club was formed playing in the 4th Division

Decided to start a save with them and bloody hell the league rules are annoying

In your starting 11 you have to have 4 players under 20, with at least 1 under 18, and at least 3 under 19. Any of the few decent youngsters that start get injured and you literally have to play a complete bum from the youth squad instead

Should be quite an interesting challenge!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I keep seeing you complain about the Copa Del Rey...you know it’s seeded draws until the quarter finals right. It’s literally impossible for the good teams to play each other until then. 

I didn't know that but did suspect it was probably the case because the odds of the top 4 getting the easiest possible ties time and time again must be in the millions. I just couldn't find it actually in the rules.

Makes it a totally pointless exercise for us as we just knacker ourselves getting to the quarters only for one of the top 4 to ping us out anyway. Bit rubbish really.

Haha our inability to see a game out is actually unbelievable. We'd be gunning for 4th if we had any idea how to play longer than 80 minutes. I always used to be really confident we would see games out too now we are routinely chucking every lead we get.

I'll post up the results when I can be arsed. Some of them are hilariously bad.

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Look at the ****ing state of this - the Finnish big Sam at it, made the cup final in the dullest manner imaginable. They'll be slagging me off on Footy Focus but I get results baby!

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 18.33.46.png

I'm incredibly envious. I remember the good old days when we used to win 1-0. Now we go 2-0 up and just throw it away instead.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 21:15, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

FAO @Dan LCFC and scripted cup draws, I've just been drawn against Celtic in the Champions League qualifiers at exactly the same stage / round for the third season in a row, the hardest possible tie I could get. AND THEY SAY ITS DONE RANDOMLY 

I got Bayern three years in a row in the 1/4 finals, it was nuts. I won them all and they weren't the hardest draw it was just weird.