Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

5 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

I'm after a new laptop to run this on.

Only problem is I only have about £300 limit, any suggestions on which laptop?

It doesn't need the greatest of specs to run.

Generally avoid the cheapest laptops in places like Currys as they will be full of bloat and run like a dogs dinner. 

If you can go for an i series processor and as much RAM as possible. 

It maybe worth looking a refurb or 2nd hand business machines, as you can pick up some good i5 or i7 machines that have been well looked after for £300. 

12 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

I'm after a new laptop to run this on.

Only problem is I only have about £300 limit, any suggestions on which laptop?

This version is crap and 300 is pretty low. 

If you aren't desperate, put the money to one side and add what you can over the next few months to afford something better. 

Then just buy 21.

just bought myself a new laptop and now looking for some dodgy website that has a cheapo code to download fm20 on, any recommendations? can't be doing paying full whack just for them to bring a new one out 5 minutes later. 

I've found it for £18 on instant-gaming.com has anyone used that before? or am I the only tight bar steward on here

8 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

just bought myself a new laptop and now looking for some dodgy website that has a cheapo code to download fm20 on, any recommendations? can't be doing paying full whack just for them to bring a new one out 5 minutes later. 

I've found it for £18 on instant-gaming.com has anyone used that before? or am I the only tight bar steward on here

Cdkeys.com have it for £16.99, I’ve used them a few times with no issues

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Walkers said:

Think i'm gonna start a save with a side in the Portugese 3rd division

Casa Pia it is, semi-pro side in Serie D (3rd tier, with A, B and C). Smack bang centre of Lisbon with good training and youth facilities, Lovely all black home kit, an all black with white shirt away kit with the 3rd kit being the opposite of the away. Think its one of those weird leagues where you can win the league and still not get promoted because of play-offs. Got stars such as Kikas, Didi, Dudu and Tom to help get me going. Small, ageing squad but will rely as always on the B team/youth side for depth in my first season to get a good feel of what i've got. Will hopefully pick up a decent parent club.

Only noticed after choosing this club that they actually got promoted at the end of the 18/19 season (i'm still playing 19), but we're predicted 7th

I have the option to move players to my u23 side which doesn't exist down the left side menu. Threw one player in it who I have now lost forever as i've forgot his name, threw another in it called Cindatchy who when I search it says he's in my B team, but he doesn't appear on the squad list and I also can't move him into another squad from his profile lol

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

Booted it back up today after a week and finished my first season in Iceland, came second by a point, only lost twice but drew far too many games. Won the Icelandic cup though.

One more season in Iceland with a league trophy under my arm and I'll bugger off to either Sweden, Slovakia or Hungary

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Booted it back up today after a week and finished my first season in Iceland, came second by a point, only lost twice but drew far too many games. Won the Icelandic cup though.

One more season in Iceland with a league trophy under my arm and I'll bugger off to either Sweden, Slovakia or Hungary

Have heard good things about Puskas Akademia

16 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Now this I can get on board with.

Trouble with my saves is I always make the gaffers rep Sunday league / semi pro and it means it takes ****ing ages to build up a rep in these backwater leagues, but give me the Icelandic title race over the Barclays anyday baby!

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Now this I can get on board with.

Trouble with my saves is I always make the gaffers rep Sunday league / semi pro and it means it takes ****ing ages to build up a rep in these backwater leagues, but give me the Icelandic title race over the Barclays anyday baby!

Only issue is

(stadium wiki page) "The stadium is home to the famous association football side Kazincbarcikai SC"

Think you need to aim smaller

14 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah but I try to swerve anyone with already tidy facilities mate - give me them sweet sweet basics, baby!

Are NK Rovinj on the game? Not sure how far down the Croatian pyramid you can play. 

Went there on holiday a few years ago, cute little ground, beautiful town. 

You can stand on the pavement and watch over the wall cos the ground's down a slope. 

_mg_1674.jpg

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Are NK Rovinj on the game? Not sure how far down the Croatian pyramid you can play. 

Went there on holiday a few years ago, cute little ground, beautiful town. 

You can stand on the pavement and watch over the wall cos the ground's down a slope. 

_mg_1674.jpg

Gonna see where my save takes me after Iceland mate, might have a little too much rep for that plush Croatian carpet if they're too far low down, she's a beauty

This is the stadium of the Icelandic side I'm currently at, essentially an industrial unit with some rubber crumb

blob.png.8a8651e282d813f3b022739e40cf3f32.png

On 19/06/2020 at 15:59, Walkers said:

Casa Pia it is, semi-pro side in Serie D (3rd tier, with A, B and C). Smack bang centre of Lisbon with good training and youth facilities, Lovely all black home kit, an all black with white shirt away kit with the 3rd kit being the opposite of the away. Think its one of those weird leagues where you can win the league and still not get promoted because of play-offs. Got stars such as Kikas, Didi, Dudu and Tom to help get me going. Small, ageing squad but will rely as always on the B team/youth side for depth in my first season to get a good feel of what i've got. Will hopefully pick up a decent parent club.

Only noticed after choosing this club that they actually got promoted at the end of the 18/19 season (i'm still playing 19), but we're predicted 7th

I have the option to move players to my u23 side which doesn't exist down the left side menu. Threw one player in it who I have now lost forever as i've forgot his name, threw another in it called Cindatchy who when I search it says he's in my B team, but he doesn't appear on the squad list and I also can't move him into another squad from his profile lol

Well pre-season went great, 5 win/clean sheets out of 6 including success against Deportivo La Coruna & Familicao. Only defeat coming against Mario Gomez' Stuttgart. Somehow in two months of pre-season only picked up one injury, which was just a twisted knee with a 4 or 5 day recovery. No success with a parent club however I didn't realise i'd already got one in Vitoria Setubal, a mid-table top tier side. Nabbed two players on loan from them but still only got a squad of 21. Got a weird formation on the go as my squad is completely right sided, 433 with the front 3 being a RAM, CAM and the striker up top just left of centre. All plain sailing thus far

On the theme of stadiums, this is the plot of land we'll be lifting the Primeira League trophy in three 3 years time

48130_ori_pina_manique.jpg

• Like 1

Resigned at Iceland in pre-season of my second year there, simply wanted a fresh challenge. Few months out the game and at the start of July (midway through the Georgian season) the big one becomes available, Dinamo Tbilisi - signed on the dotted line baby! Hopefully enough time to get them out the mess they're in and up the table, always wanted this job but felt they were too big to start a career with.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Resigned at Iceland in pre-season of my second year there, simply wanted a fresh challenge. Few months out the game and at the start of July (midway through the Georgian season) the big one becomes available, Dinamo Tbilisi - signed on the dotted line baby! Hopefully enough time to get them out the mess they're in and up the table, always wanted this job but felt they were too big to start a career with.

FFS I downloaded the Georgian League to be them a few months ago but never figured out how to actually load the league up until I started my current game and saw it there lol Jealous

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Walkers said:

FFS I downloaded the Georgian League to be them a few months ago but never figured out how to actually load the league up until I started my current game and saw it there lol Jealous

1,000 attendance in a 55k capacity stadium, it's the stuff dreams are made of mate

• Haha 2

TIL all of the Dynamo / Dinamo former Eastern bloc clubs have a common ancestry and formed out of one big state police based sports association. Mad.

Equally, Steaua Bucharest and Legia Warsaw are part of the historical "CSKA" army family. 

Zenit is the sport society of the defence industry labour force union, Lokomotiv the sport society for railways has member clubs in Tibilsi, Kiev, etc. 

Spartak is for the food workers union. 

Pretty cool. 

• Like 1