Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Best result I can think of would be another hung parliament with more Liberals, labour as the biggest party. If the Tories/Brexit party have a comfortable majority, the dogs will one off the leash, particularly with Cummings pulling the strings.

Wouldn’t want to see Corbin unfettered either.

Agree re a large liberal return is essential. But Corbyn is disastrous. I'd like to see another hamstrung parliament led by the over promoted Johnson....losing vote after vote again

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nearly 150 abstained, mostly Labour MPs.  You can feel the fear!  They know they are toast.

Not necessarily with the Brexit Party pulling shit like this.  As a leave voter who voted for them in the European elections they are really beginning to piss me off.  

Farage has done more for the independence cause than anyone, but keep this up and he will be the man responsible for keeping us in the EU.

IMO if Boris fails to get a majority then Brexit is toast.  A vote for the Brexit Party is now a vote for Corbyn and remain.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Not necessarily with the Brexit Party pulling shit like this.  As a leave voter who voted for them in the European elections they are really beginning to piss me off.  

Farage has done more for the independence cause than anyone, but keep this up and he will be the man responsible for keeping us in the EU.

IMO if Boris fails to get a majority then Brexit is toast.  A vote for the Brexit Party is now a vote for Corbyn and remain.

Absolutely spot on this.

Going after leave voting Tory MP's has to be the stupidest thing they have done.

Well, should we get a Brexit Party candidate in South Leicestershire, will people go all out and vote for them as they did in the Euros?

Safe Tory here, always has been, but I won't be voting for them knowing that it's another vote in the pocket of that liar Boris.  He's a liar.

I'm sure we'll see a big red bus at some point too.  

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Not really the same thing comparing 16 year olds with the elderly.

Your brain doesn't fully form until your mid-20s. At 16 you dont even half a fully formed frontal-cortex - that's what makes teenagers adolescents - because at 16, people universally don't have a fully formed memory or rational brain. It's why oeople see a big difference between two 17 year olds at a similar stage having consensual sex when they are at the same developmental stage as fine - Compared to someone in their 30s having "consensual" sex with a 17 year old, which is heavily looked down on and seen as taking advantage of someone who does not have a fully formed rational brain yet - or why we don't punish 17 year olds who've committed crimes the same way we do grown adults.

You could argue that people have brain deterioration at older ages, but that isn't at a universal age, so you cant really implement it.

Of course 18 is a pretty arbitrary age, but I guess that comes from tradition due to what people saw as general "maturity" before Scientific studies took place. In reality, science probably shows the age to vote, be tried as an adult, the age of consent etc. should be much higher than 18 and closer to 25 - but not much support for that will ever happen.

Neuroscience hasn't really caught up with psychology yet. There's evidence to support what you say about some frontal brain areas continuing to develop until around 25, but there's also evidence that 15-16 year olds are capable of adult-level rational thinking/decision making. 

14 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well, should we get a Brexit Party candidate in South Leicestershire, will people go all out and vote for them as they did in the Euros?

Safe Tory here, always has been, but I won't be voting for them knowing that it's another vote in the pocket of that liar Boris.  He's a liar.

Of course not - the Brexit party has done it's job now in making sure the Tory party represents the majority of its voters and members.

It's all on that attention seeking tit Farage now, only he can stop a Tory majority and he seems to want to try. He just can't bring himself to let another person deliver Brexit. 

I’m a member of the Conservative party ..... and even I’m debating if I should vote liberal. I can’t get on board with Boris. Detest Corbyn. Farage is egotistic. That’s just my anti-Brexit head thinking without seeing any sort of manifesto though. 

...... not that they ever bloody stick to it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

"Labour respects the result of the referendum...."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

How many natural Tory voters are staunch remainers? 20% ?....what will they do? 

To put it bluntly. 

They need to decide what is the lesser evil, Brexit with Boris or a second referendum with Jeremy Corbyn.

42 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Neuroscience hasn't really caught up with psychology yet. There's evidence to support what you say about some frontal brain areas continuing to develop until around 25, but there's also evidence that 15-16 year olds are capable of adult-level rational thinking/decision making. 

Can you please post this evidence? Because I have genuinely never seen it. If there is evidence for that argument then fair enough (Apart from the fact psychology is a pseudo-science anyway ;))

However, general opinion I've seen on national news and on podcasts is that recent studies have shown the brain is not fully developed until around 25 and barely half of your frontal cortex is formed by 16. And there's been growing support to increase the age at which people are tried as adults or the age of consent because or this.

And the whole discussion has always felt very wooly and politically motivated by MP's who think it will increase their vote with no scientific evidence ever presented to back it up than because 16 year-olds should be considered legal adults or that we should give votes to legal minors. It's always felt very anti-scientific and disingenuous to push for the age of the vote to actually decrease to 16 at a time when the Scientific consensus is suggesting the opposite and that we should be reconsidering the age of maturity to be older in reality than it is in tradition - unless of course it means more votes for that MP's party.

Again, happy to be proved wrong if you have counter-evidence.

Edited by Sampson

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can see Labour getting dicked unless Corbyn is binned off at some point before. Would be a laugh to see the state of the country after another 4 years of this government though, the last 4 years have been pretty impressively chaotic.

I'm expecting Dianne Abbot to become the leader and join forces with the Brexit Party

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fktf said:

I have a 15 year old and a 16 year old, from experience, I wouldn't trust them making decisions on a monopoly board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1