Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Chinese tourists

Been staying in a London hotel of late. 

The Chinese tourist breakfast is a sight to behold. Piling their plates 2ft high with fruit, toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, beans croissant...the lot. Yes, all on one plate.

But one dude won the prize today.

I checked his plate (it's become a bit of a hobby of mine) and there, sat on top various ill matched fry up croissant and fruit shit, was a single dry weetabix

...I didn't have the heart to correct him

Randomly reminded me of something.

About two years ago in Lake District we got a taxi from our hotel to the train station and the taxi driver randomly told us we were the only non chinese tourists he's picked up all week and complained about chinese tourists for the whole journey. Guy dismissed us when we had the nerve to suggest they bring a lot of money into the local economy through tourism and as a whole they were respectful of the area and people. What a wally.

Reminds me of 2 French blokes who arrived to visit my flatmate in the 1980s.

It was before the Channel Tunnel, so they arrived by overnight ferry and train.

My flatmate was out when they arrived and they were starving so I took them to a local cafe.

They both had fish & chips, but were still hungry afterwards......so both ordered and ate a full English on top of that......and they say foreigners don't adapt to English culture? ;)

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Can we change the thread title to tourists do the funniest things or something like that just feels a little less xenophobic. Then I can tell my mates story of American tourists in Edinburgh wondering why they built the castle so close to the train station.

have a word with yourself mate jesus lol

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The Chinese tourist breakfast is a sight to behold. Piling their plates 2ft high with fruit, toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, beans croissant...the lot. Yes, all on one plate.

British tourists do the exact same thing abroad. I remember on a Spanish resort holiday as a kid see a bloke pretty much transfer a mostly full dessert tray to his own plate and waddle off.

Its a holiday mentality many are guilty of, nothing to do with the Chinese. 

48 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

British tourists do the exact same thing abroad. I remember on a Spanish resort holiday as a kid see a bloke pretty much transfer a mostly full dessert tray to his own plate and waddle off.

I know. No need to be so prickly. It just so happens the tourists I saw were Chinese. 

If it makes you feel better, I made a fool of myself ordering in Italy once - I'd selected enough food to feed half of Pisa by the time I'd done.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I know. No need to be so prickly. It just so happens the tourists I saw were Chinese. 

If it makes you feel better, I made a fool of myself ordering in Italy once - I'd selected enough food to feed half of Pisa by the time I'd done.

Wasn’t having a go pal, sorry if it seemed I wrote it like that. Just pointing out I’ve seen it as general tourist behaviour :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

The number of time I've been to all you can eat buffets and seen people fill their plates to ridiculous proportions and then walk out leaving half of it.

Seriously, it's heartbreaking in a world where people are starving, even in this country.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 3

I Dont Need to see Chinese in an English Buffet enviroment,just Watch the Brits in a Chinese/Indian buffet restaurant,or Anywhere on holiday....

Not any worse or better,but ffs there are a few from all nations,who just dont get it..!! (Or in this case, get too much..:giggle:)