Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

7 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

So what's to be discussed,  you either leave when you want to or not, end of discussion. 

The discussion is why is there an increasing numbers of people doing it. They can't all be needing to get to work, see a sick relative, save the world etc (all very good reasons).

We've probably exhausted it now, and had many interesting and funny comments. 

Yes of course, leave when you want to- I just didn't get it and never will.

58 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Sorry my being concerned that our fans even leave early when we win 5-0 offends you so much.

considering the scoreline and our position in the league atm I and I hope many others think it’s a topic that merits discussion if not addressing.

you realise you personally don’t have to click on the thread if you don’t think this issue needs discussion.

be sure to let me know what is acceptable to discuss on this forum in the future, if we win 10 nil next game and the players clap the 10000 or so that bother to stay I’ll make sure to keep quiet, cos it won’t be shocking or embarrassing at all. If people think it is we still won’t mention it so as not to annoy you

cos if we don’t mention it, there’s no problem right? 👍

You are THE best supporter ever, we get it. Bravo here's your trophy, now concentrate on your masters, which I presume is focussed on other peoples lives also. 

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, old koppite said:

The discussion is why is there an increasing numbers of people doing it. They can't all be needing to get to work, see a sick relative, save the world etc (all very good reasons).

We've probably exhausted it now, and had many interesting and funny comments. 

Yes of course, leave when you want to- I just didn't get it and never will.

"Increasing numbers" You been counting each week have you?

The fact is the game was over about 30 minutes before the end of the match. You are quite clearly going to see a larger number of people leaving a little bit earlier when the game is done and dusted. If the game was on a knife edge and we're all over them searching for a winner, you'd see vastly less people going to the exit. It's also a shite later kick-off on a Sunday, with shit public transport... so again, compare to a Saturday at 3pm, there are going to be more wanting to leave a bit earlier. 

15 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

But hey, I’m clearly a traditionalist, believing you should be happy when we win 5-0 and want to enjoy the moment, but I’m clearly in the minority, which is sad.

Now telling people how to enjoy the moment I see...  

I swear, nobody older than 25 who has a mortgage, kids, shift work, elderly parents etc would spout this shite.

Just now, Babylon said:

"Increasing numbers" You been counting each week have you?

The fact is the game was over about 30 minutes before the end of the match. You are quite clearly going to see a larger number of people leaving a little bit earlier when the game is done and dusted. If the game was on a knife edge and we're all over them searching for a winner, you'd see vastly less people going to the exit. It's also a shite later kick-off on a Sunday, with shit public transport... so again, compare to a Saturday at 3pm, there are going to be more wanting to leave a bit earlier. 

Ha, I said earlier don't ask me to quote stats!  It's just an impression me, and others are getting.  

Yes, you're right about the probable reasons.  

Can I ask, and I'm not having a dig, but don't you prefer to see a ground almost full to the end rather than gaps , whatever the score? 

On 30/09/2019 at 00:27, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I don’t like being negative especially after a great game yesterday, but does any one else find it incredibly embarrassing that a large proportion of our fans can’t be bothered to stay to the end of a game where we won 5-0? 

Witnessing our joint highest scoring pl game to the end, adding to the atmosphere, and applauding the players and Rodgers for their efforts apparently are lower priorities than getting to your car a few minutes earlier to sit in gridlock traffic.

Its frankly embarrassing especially with the result and performance what it was but it happens every week. No other pl team would find their stadium half empty at the final whistle after a win let alone a 5-0 rout, and I doubt many football league clubs either. The Newcastle fans must have been watching in disbelief. I just felt sorry for Rodgers et al as they went round applauding so many empty seats.

I know some of you will say “I pay my money I’ll leave early if I want” but I’m sorry if a 5-0 win doesn’t compel you to stay and support your team then nothing will. 

If supporting the team, and staying to the end at least when the team has played brilliantly and scored FIVE GOALS aren’t your thing, maybe consider watching the games on Sky instead?

Who cares , let people do what they do and let them go if they want ! Seriously just enjoy the game and stop whittling about BS like this 

1 minute ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

So the second you turn 26 you can’t enjoy the moment? Yeah ok

Who are you to say how people "enjoy the moment"? You can still be very very happy and still enjoy and celebrate a win, even if you don't clap people off the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I don't care. Literally couldn't give two hoots. 

I stay until the end of the game 99% of the time as I go out for a beer and don't drive down. I'm also in THE worst seats possible for getting out, dead centre between to lots of steps and high up. If I wait to the end and go down the stairs, we're probably in the last 500 people out the ground.

I drove Sunday and left a minute before the end, it literally means an hours difference in getting home and I live in Wigston! Because if i'd waited to get out it would be 15 minutes before I get out the ground and another 45 minutes in queues of traffic. The game was done and dusted and the multi millionaires on the pitch don't give a shit whether I'm there or not. I've had season tickets for 30 years... the older you get and the more life comes at you the less of a shit you give about staying and clapping and not upsetting others who've decided it matters... when it doesn't. 

We're no worse than most clubs, not at all. It's human nature, we're not some special breed of people here. 

Ok, that's fair enough. I understand some of your feelings, and agree.

I just don't think the OP in asking the question, should be ridiculed and accused of telling other people how to live their lives. 

I know we're like most clubs, and it saddens me, but like the wife says after every game (win,lose or draw), it won't change our lives. 

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Sorry my being concerned that our fans even leave early when we win 5-0 offends you so much.

considering the scoreline and our position in the league atm I and I hope many others think it’s a topic that merits discussion if not addressing.

you realise you personally don’t have to click on the thread if you don’t think this issue needs discussion.

be sure to let me know what is acceptable to discuss on this forum in the future, if we win 10 nil next game and the players clap the 10000 or so that bother to stay I’ll make sure to keep quiet, cos it won’t be shocking or embarrassing at all. If people think it is we still won’t mention it so as not to annoy you

cos if we don’t mention it, there’s no problem right? 👍

Considering this thread comes up at least once a season it's a tired and boring point. 

The answer will always be the same. 

People can and do what the hell they want, it don't matter how many scenarios you come up with or how many times you try to justify your annoyance with other people. 

You realise that trying to educate me on forum use is utterly pointless as well, I'm not annoyed, far from it. 

I would be more worried about my own well being than someone else's perceived annoyance on a forum, if I was concerning my self about other people I don't know, or indeed know anything about leaving a football match early. 

Not one single person has to justify to you or anyone else why they are doing what they are doing. 

There a hundreds of reasons someone might leave early, none of them are any of your business. 

Maybe look at your self and ask why this matters to you so much to make the upteenth thread on the subject. 

Guest Cujek
2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Yes I need to stop caring that our club has some of the worst fans on the country who can’t even be bothered to clap off the best team in their history. The excuses here  for leaving  early are hilarious.

It just once again shows the difference between a fan and a supporter. 

Our ground is fast becoming one of the worst atmospheres in the country. The lethargy of many of our fans is also represented by those who can’t be bothered to show vocal support and just bang those clappers the whole game. 

Bring back league one football ball and hopefully it will get rid of these so called supporters for good. 

I'm sorry for the double post, I only just saw this.. 

What absolute nonsense you have wrote here. 

As I have stated to the other guy that started this thread, I will ask you the same. 

Ask your self why do you care so much what other people do, it really shouldn't, life is so much easier when you just let things go a bit. 

Also it was bloody crap when we was in league one, the away days were class but at the KP? it was more than half empty most of the time, you could sit in a different seat for every minute of the match if you wanted to. 

25 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I just don't think the OP in asking the question, should be ridiculed and accused of telling other people how to live their lives. 

The trouble is in the way he's wording it. If he were less absolute and more imaginative about people's motivations and lives, he might write more empathetically. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, old koppite said:

Thanks for your pleasant and helpful contribution to the discussion.  He has made observations and asks why it is happening- that’s what you do on a discussion forum, isn’t it? 

I agree with his points, as do a few others who have posted - it seems the rest  on FT who have commented don’t get wound up by it. So, what’s your feeling on it? Is it the thin end of the wedge? Is it another factor in the gradual decline of the match day atmosphere? Will more people start to leave early, and will the time they go start to shift towards say 15 minutes from the end?

I’m an old fart now. I dislike many ways the game has changed, but still love the game and my club- I love to talk about my club and express my opinions about  and concerns ( about 6 years ago I posted about my astonishment at young guys around me on their phones and not watching the game- look at that issue now!).

I’ll try to remember not to post on here any comment that causes you to respond with a profound life coaching pearl of wisdom. Cheerio. 

People pay their money and are more than entitled to do what they want. I don't go into a restaurant and start telling people off for leaving food or for leaving a pint in a pub, it's their business.

It's hilarious the people on here who think they are in some way better fans than others because of the things they do. It's quite sad really. The same people have previously admitted to not even having season ticketslol

Whoever thinks our fans are the worst in the country need a reality check too, we've always been well supported and our home atmosphere has always been pretty good compared to other clubs. It's just people being dramatic and wanting a moan about nothing again.

Cheerio!

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

18 hours ago, old koppite said:

Very good question. I’m old! How old are you?

I think I know what you’re getting at, that it’s us old farts who get wound up by this subject, and you’re probably right!

It’s an interesting question however, just to see the difference in attitudes between generations, and to add a bit of context to other posters viewpoints with consideration to my (and others) attitudes and how they’ve changed.

Years ago I would be in the ground an hour or more before kick off (going by your name I’m guessing you were as well), sometimes waiting for the gates to open, stay to the very end no matter what the score, and clap the team off. Now we roll in just before kick off, while I’ll stay and clap the team off after a win or good performance my mates head straight off to the pub  unless it’s a pretty special match  like v spurs. Our support isn’t any less but our attitude to how we support the team has changed. I’ll still try and stay to the end but sometimes like Sunday, I’d got my kids with me who were cold and wet and wanted to get off so on the final whistle we legged it out the ground, got to the car and still beat most the traffic.

However thinking about it, usually when ive got my kids I do make a point ensuring they follow like I used to. I try to get into the ground early and I tend to stay behind to clap a little longer than usual. Sunday the kids wanted to go a few minutes early, as I mentioned above they were cold and wet, however I made them stay and Ndidi allowed me to teach them a valuable lesson about not leaving early. I guess I want to instil an attitude in them that was similar to me as a youngster while not necessarily adhering to it strictly myself now I’m older.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

Ask your self why do you care so much what other people do,

Just trying to answer the one point above.   The reason why so many people care is this ...

As a football fan/supporter of a club, you are collectively treated by every other fans, as a single unit or entity.   It might not be entirely fair, but it's how it is.   It's sort of "collective responsibility".    Whether good or bad, we treat club's fans as a whole.   "The Norwich fans were friendly".   "The Newcastle fans were passionate".   "The Millwall fans were nasty".  Or whatever.

Similiarly, every other club's fans look at us and treat us as one.   So if they see on the TV that everyone's gone by full time, they think we're shit part-time fans.    Now you might not care what people think of us.   But many of us do.    We would rather the world out there thinks we're "good passionate knowledgeable", rather than "shit useless part time" fans.    So that is why some people care, about what other City fans do.

Which is no way changes the validity of saying "I've paid for the ticket, and I'll do what the hell I like.   Mind your own fckin business".  

It is your absolute legal right to leave when you like ... after 5 minutes or 85 minutes.  

And no one in the world has the right to demand you explain yourself.   Agreed.   Sorted.  tick in the box.

But those left in the ground are still entitled to think it would have been nicer if more people were still there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

But those left in the ground are still entitled to think it would have been nicer if more people were still there.

I'm also entitled to think that it would be nicer if the people behind me didn't ask 'What on earth does Ayoze Perez do' every five minutes in every match he plays in.

It would be nicer to think that we don't sing 'Champions of England, you'll never sing that' to teams who have won it more than us.

It would be nicer to think that we don't sing '**** VAR* when it performs a check, and then when someone goes down in the box, chant 'VAR, VAR, VAR' making us look like imbeciles.

People will do as they please at the football. As many have alluded to, it's not a Leicester problem, or even a Premier League problem, it's a cultural phenomenon. It isn't exclusive to football, nor is it exclusive to this country.

More people stayed at the end of the Spurs game, because it was on a knife edge. The game was dead and buried, and whilst I stayed to applaud, I appreciate not everyone wants to do the same.

I think it says more about the OP that they are this concerned about it, but as most people have correctly pointed out, it's posted about 5 times a season, with the same answers. The best thing to do is support the team in whichever way you feel compelled to, and leave everyone else to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People increasingly have less time to do anything these days (and commute times are longer) so if leaving 2 or 5 mins early allows them to get home earlier to do real grown up things like tidy/clean the house, prep lunches for work,  be a parent etc then so be it. You literally are complaining about someone who IS at the game who DID pay to support the club and probably buys legit or knock off kits online lol.

I understand what you are saying but to each their own. Be happy you are at the game as some of us cant make it based on where we live etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

People increasingly have less time to do anything these days (and commute times are longer) so if leaving 2 or 5 mins early allows them to get home earlier to do real grown up things like tidy/clean the house, prep lunches for work,  be a parent etc then so be it. You literally are complaining about someone who IS at the game who DID pay to support the club and probably buys legit or knock off kits online lol.

I understand what you are saying but to each their own. Be happy you are at the game as some of us cant make it based on where we live etc.

Your valid and sensible opinion is not welcome on this thread. 

Anyone leaving early is a traitor 

Guest Cujek
53 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just trying to answer the one point above.   The reason why so many people care is this ...

As a football fan/supporter of a club, you are collectively treated by every other fans, as a single unit or entity.   It might not be entirely fair, but it's how it is.   It's sort of "collective responsibility".    Whether good or bad, we treat club's fans as a whole.   "The Norwich fans were friendly".   "The Newcastle fans were passionate".   "The Millwall fans were nasty".  Or whatever.

Similiarly, every other club's fans look at us and treat us as one.   So if they see on the TV that everyone's gone by full time, they think we're shit part-time fans.    Now you might not care what people think of us.   But many of us do.    We would rather the world out there thinks we're "good passionate knowledgeable", rather than "shit useless part time" fans.    So that is why some people care, about what other City fans do.

Which is no way changes the validity of saying "I've paid for the ticket, and I'll do what the hell I like.   Mind your own fckin business".  

It is your absolute legal right to leave when you like ... after 5 minutes or 85 minutes.  

And no one in the world has the right to demand you explain yourself.   Agreed.   Sorted.  tick in the box.

Everyone's biggest problems is worrying about other people's business. 

Just don't give a **** what anyone else thinks, ever.

When ever you find your self on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.