Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

1 minute ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Straw man argument again bud, point out where I mentioned elderly fans who have a valid reason to avoid being in a jostling crowd. The fact is @Babylon and @UniFox21 it's all very well categorising every single fan who leaves early as needing to catch a train or being too frail to endure having to queue to get out of the ground, but we all know that's not true for the cast majority of those who leave early. They just want to avoid a bit of traffic.

But you're doing the same thing? You're basically categorizing anyone who leaves early as a 'bad fan'. 

People leave early, its not great, but you complaining about it and calling them bad fans isn't going to change their ways. If anything its just going to annoy them.

Instead of having a go at them; maybe your complaint should be directed at the club and the council for making it so difficult to get out quickly? Why are trains so infrequent to get back, same with parking and getting out of the city or even leaving the ground if you're near the back. 

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Tell you what, pop back in 20 years and see how much of a shit you give then mate. Ta. 

Old koppite is 20 years odd older than me I think he said and he still “gives a shit”. Some people just care more about atmosphere and their responsibility to maintain it than others I suppose...

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But you're doing the same thing? You're basically categorizing anyone who leaves early as a 'bad fan'. 

People leave early, its not great, but you complaining about it and calling them bad fans isn't going to change their ways. If anything its just going to annoy them.

Instead of having a go at them; maybe your complaint should be directed at the club and the council for making it so difficult to get out quickly? Why are trains so infrequent to get back, same with parking and getting out of the city or even leaving the ground if you're near the back. 

I didn't call anyone 'bad fans', I simply pointed out the irony that the only response those that leave early give is a sarcastic "you're such a better fan than me", when choosing to not stay for the duration of a game or appreciating your team after a 5-0 win might suggest a little apathy or little less dedication than those who support for the full 90 mins and after. Nothing controversial about that.

Edited by What the Fuchs?
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People used to leave early when we were in the championship, people always have and people always will FFS. 

Just because people do something doesn’t make it good and acceptable though does it?

If a normalised practice makes us look tinpot to others, and disrespects the efforts on the pitch, and makes the atmosphere worse, I’d rather try and persuade people to see there is a problem than just wash my hands of it all like you want to.

• Like 1

Why do people even feel the need to leave?

We could just stay in our seats until the next home game, living off the bountiful fruits from the concourses.

Teams won't relish a trip to play in front of the hordes of Leicester's great unwashed, the place stinking to high heaven of BO and balti pie farts.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I didn't call anyone 'bad fans', I simply pointed out the irony that the only response those that leave early give is a sarcastic "you're such a better fan than me", when choosing to not stay for the duration of a game or appreciating your team after a 5-0 win might suggest a little apathy or little less dedication than those who support for the full 90 mins and after. Nothing controversial about that.

"So yes, I think those that are dedicated enough to see the whole match through and show one of the best teams we've ever had their appreciation, rather than go to the pub/get home a bit earlier or any other similar reason are in some ways better SUPPORTERS. "

Your quote disagrees with your point. Inferring some are better supporters, therefore implies those that leave are worse.

And that isn't the case either. People have explained why they choose to leave games early. 

I don't think people should leave early if they can, and I have had a chuckle when I've seen some leave 15 mins early before. But I'm not going to sit here and start judging their choices. I just sing a bit louder and carry on enjoying the game.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

"So yes, I think those that are dedicated enough to see the whole match through and show one of the best teams we've ever had their appreciation, rather than go to the pub/get home a bit earlier or any other similar reason are in some ways better SUPPORTERS. "

Your quote disagrees with your point. Inferring some are better supporters, therefore implies those that leave are worse.

And that isn't the case either. People have explained why they choose to leave games early. 

I don't think people should leave early if they can, and I have had a chuckle when I've seen some leave 15 mins early before. But I'm not going to sit here and start judging their choices. I just sing a bit louder and carry on enjoying the game.

You've taken that quote out of the context of that post. Read it again and you'll see I was talking about the distinction between 'fans' and 'supporters' which @old koppite mentioned, and this is completely consistent with my above post.

11 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Just because people do something doesn’t make it good and acceptable though does it?

If a normalised practice makes us look tinpot to others, and disrespects the efforts on the pitch, and makes the atmosphere worse, I’d rather try and persuade people to see there is a problem than just wash my hands of it all like you want to.

What?! How does it make us look tinpot? And why the f do you care what other fans think about? I support Leicester City mate, so I long gave up caring about what people think of us or me for supporting Leicester. 

Why is there a need for this every other month? Do people not understand that everybody has different personal circumstances? Do you know why a fan has to leave early? Or god forbid, actually wants to leave early? How dare they decide how to make use of the ticket they spent their money on. Heresy.

Of course, ideal world, we have everybody singing for 90 mins and staying to clap off the players but not sure if you've taken a look outside recently; it's not exactly an ideal world.

Why does it matter to you so much?

Next, we'll be going down the 'you might live 3000 miles away but you don't go to every game, so you're a plastic' route.

Man. Human beings suck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

You've taken that quote out of the context of that post. Read it again and you'll see I was talking about the distinction between 'fans' and 'supporters' which @old koppite mentioned, and this is completely consistent with my above post.

You may feel I have, but I disagree. 

Fan: someone who admires and supports a person/team 

Supporter: Someone who encourages a team/political party etc.

By definition a Fan encompasses that of a supporter. 

In all seriousness, can we just merge these 3? It's the same arguments just rehashed over and over again. It's a debate that won't ever be settled.

Those that always stay to the end can't make sense of why those leave early to beat the traffic etc and vice versa. 

Quite frankly if you're paying and travelling to suport the team and singing/clapping for the entire game, I'm not fussed if you leave early. Id prefer the ground to be full, but not everyone wants the fight of getting out the ground. 

Let's just leave it at that, instead of rehashing the same argument over and over again. 

We have the potential to achieve something this year, use your energy to support the team rather than fight as to whose the better supporter or whose right or wrong.

Edited by UniFox21

I like to think I’m still middle aged been going down since the days of Jock Wallace when the attendances were 13k people left early then, got there late (annoying now but back then when it was standing not a problem) all the way through the 80’s people left early, through the 90’s under O’Neil, people left early during that time, nothing changes, if it’s a cliff hanger I’m sure very few go early, if something is at stake very few will leave, it’s the nature of some fans, no point worrying about it, we’re in such a good place at the moment let’s just enjoy the ride. 

Guest Cujek
30 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'm not questioning at all, if those activities are right or wrong.   So not sure what point you're trying to make.

And therein lies the problem with your arguments about what other bloody teams think about us leaving early.

2 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Old koppite is 20 years odd older than me I think he said and he still “gives a shit”. Some people just care more about atmosphere and their responsibility to maintain it than others I suppose...

Some people also don’t have a life outside of football.

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

It happens everywhere there are large numbers of people gathered. Someone mentioned “would it happen at a concert”, yes it does... all the sodding time around the world.

There are certain cities that if I go to a large gig, then I’m off before the last song finishes because I know how shite the transport is afterwards. There are other places where you know it’s not too bad.

An absolute horror show at a Roses gig in Manchester means I’ll probably leave any gig there about 5 minutes early without question. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

@What the Fuchs?, @WhatTheSchlupp?, I tried to address your points respectfully and without sarcasm. I got no response, I'd appreciate knowing you'd read what I said. 

I’m sure I read what you said, what is it you want me to respond to to save me trawling through to find it? Don’t always have time to respond if I’m out just flicking through threads