Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

2 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I don’t like being negative especially after a great game yesterday, but does any one else find it incredibly embarrassing that a large proportion of our fans can’t be bothered to stay to the end of a game where we won 5-0? 

Witnessing our highest scoring pl game to the end, adding to the atmosphere, and applauding the players and Rodgers for their efforts apparently are lower priorities than getting to your car a few minutes earlier to sit in gridlock traffic.

Its frankly embarrassing especially with the result and performance what it was but it happens every week. No other pl team would find their stadium half empty at the final whistle after a win let alone a 5-0 rout, and I doubt many football league clubs either. The Newcastle fans must have been watching in disbelief. I just felt sorry for Rodgers et al as they went round applauding so many empty seats.

I know some of you will say “I pay my money I’ll leave early if I want” but I’m sorry if a 5-0 win doesn’t compel you to stay and support your team then nothing will. 

If supporting the team, and staying to the end at least when the team has played brilliantly and scored FIVE GOALS aren’t your thing, maybe consider watching the games on Sky instead?

You obviously haven’t been to Old Trafford before 😂. Unfortunately it’s common place everywhere you go, especially after a hammering when the game is clearly over. I never go early, if I had today I’d have missed the fifth goal. With shite weather and bad traffic, and game over after an hour, it’s inevitable unfortunately. The players and management have been pretty vocal about how pleased they are with the support from the fans during the game. A lot would argue they have shown their appreciation during the match. And trust me, a Newcastle fan is not going to criticise us about empty seats at full time when they boycott their stadium and didn’t fill the max allocation today for the first time in however long (for well known reasons). 

Arsenal & Man City are the worst for this. We're no way their level for it as we rarely get the opportunity to comfortably leave with it all tied up but I agree it is embarrassing not to see our fans cheer the lads home.

Suppose they have better things to do. Avoid the traffic jam? Get tea on? Never understood it.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If our fans leaving early is the main worry in your life, then you've got it pretty good my friend.

If only it was bud - if you don’t care about it though that’s cool, I know I’m in the minority but I just thought this topic should be mentioned considering we did actually score 5 for the first time in the pl.

• Like 1

I always stay until the end however I can see why some people would rather beat the traffic and save an hour on their journey by not watching the last 5 minutes of keep ball... Obviously you always risk missing a goal..

The exit routes from the King power are not very good when driving. I park on freeman's Common and its gridlock getting out of the industrial estate and then gridlock going up welford Road. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suggest enjoying the warm afterglow and judging things outside of your control less.

I’m pretty sure sure is enjoying the moment. Like all of us all, which will carry us through the week until 3.00pm Saturday. 

Staying after the final whistle to sing and clap the players, is all part of the experience for me.  All of his comments are spot on. Unless you have a real emergency,  I can’t see any reason to leave a game early.  So what if you get home an hour later. Too many fans, of most clubs ( I don’t know what it’s like in the European top leagues), aren’t “fanatics “ anymore, and some of our lot have become complacent.  

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue

I feel like I'm watching ground hog day reading this thread.  If you want to stay great , if getting away a couple of minutes early helps your journey home great. Just don't obstruct others views.not everyone lives on the saff and some have a great distance to travel.

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

doesn’t really bother me only because I came to the realisation that our fan base is incredibly poor a long time ago. No point getting wound up by such actions.

Pretty much this. Expect the pits and the rare occasions when we turn out a decent away end or make an effort at home are a pleasant surprise.

6 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I don’t like being negative especially after a great game yesterday, but does any one else find it incredibly embarrassing that a large proportion of our fans can’t be bothered to stay to the end of a game where we won 5-0? 

Witnessing our highest scoring pl game to the end, adding to the atmosphere, and applauding the players and Rodgers for their efforts apparently are lower priorities than getting to your car a few minutes earlier to sit in gridlock traffic.

Its frankly embarrassing especially with the result and performance what it was but it happens every week. No other pl team would find their stadium half empty at the final whistle after a win let alone a 5-0 rout, and I doubt many football league clubs either. The Newcastle fans must have been watching in disbelief. I just felt sorry for Rodgers et al as they went round applauding so many empty seats.

I know some of you will say “I pay my money I’ll leave early if I want” but I’m sorry if a 5-0 win doesn’t compel you to stay and support your team then nothing will. 

If supporting the team, and staying to the end at least when the team has played brilliantly and scored FIVE GOALS aren’t your thing, maybe consider watching the games on Sky instead?

I really don’t get why people get so mad about this. The comment about watching Sky instead is just ridiculous. I’m sure the people that left at 4-0 had a very enjoyable time. 
I don’t think Rodgers etc would have been bothered at all.

• Thanks 1