Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

2 hours ago, Babylon said:People also have lives... children they want to put to bed, ill parents they need to visit, work to get to or a million other reasons that happen in life. Not everyone us under 18 with no responsibilities and with football being their whole life. 

Normally I don't drive and I'll stay to the end, but if I drive it's usually because I need to be somewhere before or after. So I'm going to leave a minute early to get out of the Saffron Lane stadium car park, rather than sit for an hour watching a load of divs jockeying for position, because they can't bare the thought of someone getting out before them. 

My dad's one of the top jockeys in that car park, nobody's pushing in front of him.:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

My dad's one of the top jockeys in that car park, nobody's pushing in front of him.:D

Brilliant watching 500 cars all trying to stay 1 mm from the bumper in the car in front... love the meltdown I cause by tootling along and creating my own queue. 

1 minute ago, Calidum_vulpes said:

I’ll admit I’ve never had the privilege of seeing us play live so bailing early seems crazy to me. But I know some stadiums you just have to get out early unless you *really* like snuggling strangers and claustrophobic traffic.

We have one of the worst transport systems and road networks around, if someone wants to avoid that mess by going 30 seconds early, fair play. 

Guest Markyblue
29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Brilliant watching 500 cars all trying to stay 1 mm from the bumper in the car in front... love the meltdown I cause by tootling along and creating my own queue. 

Nearly burnt my clutch out at Barnsley one Tues night stopping some old dear trying to queue jump, like its my fault her hubby had had a heart attack and was trying to get him to hospital.  Some people eh.

13 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Don't understand these people who arrive after kick off, disappear on 37-38 mins, arrive back on 50 mins and bugger off before full time. Surely there is a more cost effective way of blowing 50-100 quid. 

Now this viewpoint I have a lot of sympathy with. Mainly because it's disruptive to those enjoying the football - surely the reason for being there in the first place. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

3 certainties in life. 

Death 

Taxes

In the event of a 5-0 victory, someone finding something petty to whine about. 

Proof positive that the lot of the football fan is only complete for some if they have something to find wrong. It's an addiction. 

This is true and also goes as a general point in life.

• Like 1

Very rarely leave early,but yesterday was an exception.

saw all the goals and left at injury time.Had a tight schedule and had to drop some bits off at Nottingham Uni for my daughter and then drive back to Cambridge.

Spent 5 minutes with her and walked in the door at 10.15

Was held up getting to Leicester and had to park at Saffron Lane Athletics car park.Which can take an age to get out of.This usually happens,However,I was happy with what I had seen and put getting to Nottingham for my 7.30 deadline before clapping the players off and missing that slot.

Sometimes you have to prioritise.

Had to last year at Fulham to get the last train and yesterday,I can’t think of another time mind you.

5 hours ago, Phube said:

I do wonder if the same people would go to a gig/concert/play and leave before the encore/final act to “beat the traffic”? 

If so what a bizarre life people lead!

you would be surprised. Was at download the other year, and whilst I was there to the bitter end of Sabbath, lots of people started drifting away halfway through the headline set. Ok maybe not the best comparison as there are lots of different bands on throughout the three days, but the sentiment is the same. Yes I took me about three hours to get out of the place but it was worth every minute.

I do recognise that some folks have a long way to travel, trains, planes buses etc to catch and that is understandable. Also late Sunday afternoon, or mid week, games mean that time to get home and put the kids to bed, get ready for work the following day or whatever is condensed, but personally I have never left a ground before the final whistle.  I have seen too many last gasp twists to do that. (imagine anyone leaving 5 minutes before that famous game against Arsenal, you would have missed it all).

Ultimately it is each to their own and I presume that those that choose to leave early have their own reasons for doing so, and I would never critise them directly for doing so, however, that said it can sometimes seem somewhat disrespectful after the team have put in a real performance. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I get both sides of this argument. I get people have commitments and Sky decimating our fixture list makes it hard for people. I'm also conscious that it must be absolutely shit for Brendan and the lads to have just secured our biggest ever PL win and to look around and see the place two thirds full at the final whistle. 

My biggest gripe as well. Sends out the wrong message.

:doh:

nobody needs to justify themselves to a fellow supporter about whether they leave early or not. Of all the things going on in the world to hold people to account for, this is way down the list! If you need to go or feel the need to try and beat the gridlock (which is a bloody nightmare) then go if you want! If you want to stay till the bitter end like I do and clap the players off then feel free to do so. Being a supporter is not a competition, we all come for the team but enjoy the experience differently! Did people going early bother me yesterday...No. I was to busy enjoying the game!