Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

3 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

What's embarrassing is our home and away support quite frankly.

If you went to Wimbledon would you leave before the final game just to 'avoid traffic'? How about leaving the cinema before the conclusion of the film? I don't know why people spend the money on a ticket if they're not interested enough in the game to see it through, those missed minutes (and inevitably goals) add up, as someone above has said.

With all due respect, what the hell has it got to do with you what other people do? Keep your nose out and concentrate on your own life.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Phube said:

I do wonder if the same people would go to a gig/concert/play and leave before the encore/final act to “beat the traffic”? 

If so what a bizarre life people lead!

I've got a mate whose dad once had tickets to see Bowie in his heyday, but decided not to go when he realised it clashed with the Eurofuchingvision song contest.

3 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Doesn't bother me at all. I don't know their reasons or how long their journey home may be. My ex-Father in law lived in Mablethorpe and drove to and from every home game without fail at the age of 70. I would not object to him leaving to save a chunk of time on his return home. 

As long as people who decide to leave do so without obstructing others view by standing and gawping at the football when something happens, then fair enough. 

Live and let be. Easy for people to judge who don't have any other commitments outside football and probably have a 15 stroll home/to the pub. 

As I’ve said, I drive 3 hours each way to get to home games so hardly a 15 minute stroll, a full time uni student too so not short on commitments. Still find 3 minutes of my day to stay to the end though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

As I’ve said, I drive 3 hours each way to get to home games so hardly a 15 minute stroll, a full time uni student too so not short on commitments. Still find 3 minutes of my day to stay to the end though.

Well fair play to you, but it's not an additional 3 mins is it? Its  much much longer than that. 

55 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

After we have a definitive conclusion on this subject, may I suggest the following topic to be discussed:

- Adults using the clappers

- Adults wearing football tops

Makes my blood boil . . . and people who fold or roll-up the matchday programme . . . 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

lol good luck with that

Graduated from my masters degree in July, get used to not having a life 

Cheers ✌️ I’m gonna need it - no need to worry about that though, I already spend far too much time here on ft and travelling to Leicester and back so I’m used to it 😂 

I spend longer on here than studying so I’m sure that’s not a good sign lol

10 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Cheers ✌️ I’m gonna need it - no need to worry about that though, I already spend far too much time here on ft and travelling to Leicester and back so I’m used to it 😂 

I spend longer on here than studying so I’m sure that’s not a good sign lol

When writing my thesis I spent a while on here, same for when I was in the lab all day.

Surprisingly this place is good to take you away from the stuff you're usually always focusing on.

Just don't do what my friend did on his course and leave it all to the last minute. Managed to dig him out and get him to a bloody high 2:1, but it wasn't easy lol

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

With all due respect, what the hell has it got to do with you what other people do? Keep your nose out and concentrate on your own life.

Thanks for your pleasant and helpful contribution to the discussion.  He has made observations and asks why it is happening- that’s what you do on a discussion forum, isn’t it? 

I agree with his points, as do a few others who have posted - it seems the rest  on FT who have commented don’t get wound up by it. So, what’s your feeling on it? Is it the thin end of the wedge? Is it another factor in the gradual decline of the match day atmosphere? Will more people start to leave early, and will the time they go start to shift towards say 15 minutes from the end?

I’m an old fart now. I dislike many ways the game has changed, but still love the game and my club- I love to talk about my club and express my opinions about  and concerns ( about 6 years ago I posted about my astonishment at young guys around me on their phones and not watching the game- look at that issue now!).

I’ll try to remember not to post on here any comment that causes you to respond with a profound life coaching pearl of wisdom. Cheerio. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

When writing my thesis I spent a while on here, same for when I was in the lab all day.

Surprisingly this place is good to take you away from the stuff you're usually always focusing on.

Just don't do what my friend did on his course and leave it all to the last minute. Managed to dig him out and get him to a bloody high 2:1, but it wasn't easy lol

You are seriously living up to your username right now.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Fair enough, I'd be interested to hear from those who regularly leave early what score line or trophy would compel them to stay for the duration of a match. And do they leave the 02 arena early after they've paid to watch a band or a comedian, or do they leave the theatre before the end. If they stick by their logic on this topic, they should leave all events early to avoid traffic surely? Lol

They might go to those events once a year or two, so probably less chance of leaving early I imagine. 

If I didn’t leave 2 or 3 minutes early on a Saturday I wouldn’t get to work on time. So I would prefer to go to the match and miss 3 mins, than not go at all. On a Sunday evening, I might miss 3 mins so I get to see my children before they go to bed. Getting a big smile and cuddle off them is more important to me than  clapping off our players in a game we have already won. 

On other occasions, I stay to the end. It’s not too hard to understand why some people have different priorities especially in matches that are already won. 

• Like 1

Guest Cujek

People can do what they like. 

Close thread. 

Next person that starts this thread needs banning, maybe then we won't see it again. 

37 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Close thread. 

Next person that starts this thread needs banning, maybe then we won't see it again. 

Yes I need to stop caring that our club has some of the worst fans on the country who can’t even be bothered to clap off the best team in their history. The excuses here  for leaving  early are hilarious.

It just once again shows the difference between a fan and a supporter. 

Our ground is fast becoming one of the worst atmospheres in the country. The lethargy of many of our fans is also represented by those who can’t be bothered to show vocal support and just bang those clappers the whole game. 

Bring back league one football ball and hopefully it will get rid of these so called supporters for good. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Yes I need to stop caring that our club has some of the worst fans on the country who can’t even be bothered to clap off the best team in their history. The excuses here  for leaving  early are hilarious.

Our ground is fast becoming one of the worst atmospheres in the country. The lethargy of many of our fans is also represented by those who can’t be bothered to show vocal support and just bang those clappers the whole game. 

Bring back league one football ball and hopefully it will get rid of these so called supporters for good. 

Good God. Bring back rationing, force everyone into the army and make sure nobody ever questions the authority of the state whilst we're at it... 

50 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

🤔 you want us back in  League One, I have a feeling you may be waiting a very long time for that! 😊

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, I blame Wellens said:

Hahaha when you buy my season ticket you can tell me what time i leave, until then .............

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

Close thread. 

Sorry my being concerned that our fans even leave early when we win 5-0 offends you so much.

considering the scoreline and our position in the league atm I and I hope many others think it’s a topic that merits discussion if not addressing.

you realise you personally don’t have to click on the thread if you don’t think this issue needs discussion.

be sure to let me know what is acceptable to discuss on this forum in the future, if we win 10 nil next game and the players clap the 10000 or so that bother to stay I’ll make sure to keep quiet, cos it won’t be shocking or embarrassing at all. If people think it is we still won’t mention it so as not to annoy you

cos if we don’t mention it, there’s no problem right? 👍

Edited by WhatTheSchlupp?
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Hahaha when you buy my season ticket you can tell me what time i leave, until then .............

He's not telling you to leave though, is he?  He is explaining why it needs discussing, or else as a club and fans we will  drift silently and casually into a complacent, self entitled, passionless, fan base as most other clubs' fans are.

But, I'm not saying you are one of those fans before you snap my head off!

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, old koppite said:

He's not telling you to leave though, is he?  He is explaining why it needs discussing, or else as a club and fans we will  drift silently and casually into a complacent, self entitled, passionless, fan base as most other clubs' fans are.

But, I'm not saying you are one of those fans before you snap my head off!

So what's to be discussed,  you either leave when you want to or not, end of discussion. 

2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

What a pile of crap. Watch any team at any level and you'll see people leaving early. Watch most teams at most levels and you'll see average atmospheres at best. We're no different to 98% of clubs and fans out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1